ADVERTISEMENT

Mag Listed as Out Tonight

Sad Tim Robinson GIF by The Lonely Island

Need a huge game from Derek or a wild card and Cliff to stay out of foul trouble.

Rest Mag tonight as we lose regardless if he plays or not

This way he should be / better be a go for a winnable game vs Maryland / vs Michigan.

News flash, if we lose tonight, season effectively over.
News flash : you’re wrong about season being over if we lose tonight and we lose to Purdue if Mag played 40 minutes tonight.

News flash :Losing to Penn State at home / Losing to Iowa on road / Losing to Minnesota on road much more damaging than losing to Purdue on road

Newsflash : Win the next 5 games heading into Big 10 tourney and we’re on bubble.

News flash : you’re wrong about season being over if we lose tonight and we lose to Purdue if Mag played 40 minutes tonight.

News flash :Losing to Penn State at home / Losing to Iowa on road / Losing to Minnesota on road much more damaging than losing to Purdue on road

Newsflash : Win the next 5 games heading into Big 10 tourney and we’re on bubble.
Lol. You are clueless. Our signature wins will be Wisky and Seton lol!!!

Reactions: RUbbFannn
Sadly,Mag has been injury prone at Rutgers which has limited playing time and the chance to become more productive on offense.

Reactions: RutgersClassof2004
Without Mag, there is probably little chance for the NIT let alone the NCAAs.

We have to be realistic about how important wing players are to the success of any team.

The prototype wing player is someone who is mobile, able to move his feet defensively, can dribble/drive and has 3 point capacity.

Purdue has this sophomore, who has 11 PTS and might be someone who can change their NCAA hopes in Camden Heide....and he's a 2022 4* kid, Rivals.com had him at around 117 overall.

In order to truly compete, the players have to be somewhat like Heide, RHJ, or the versatile wings across most Power 5 rosters who can get you 10PTS in a half.

Mag is just not going to be that type of player.....in order to truly get better, it's this type of player that Purdue has and most across the B1G have as well.

We have Gavin Griffiths developing, but Purdue has been totally reliant on Smith and Edey entering this year. With Lance Jones and Heide, they have places to go for points, when Edey isn't going to give you 30 PTS.....

I don’t understand why Pike is always saying Mag had great practices but then he can’t play?

This is really frustrating.
I almost read that as a not too subtle dig at Mag's toughness or maybe the team medical staff.

Reactions: RAC93
There is more here than meets the eye. Mag was half out the door this summer and Pike is either really silly practicing him day before game or there is more to this. He never discussed injuries or gives specifics. He has done it twice now. Take that for what it's worth I'd be shocked if he's here next year

if RU is going to reach the goals that they want to next year, they need to have everyone on board....Mag health is a concern if its going to be a constant thing. Alot for Pike to work out in the offseason over to who to bring him additionally...expect at least Chol gone

if RU is going to reach the goals that they want to next year, they need to have everyone on board....Mag health is a concern if its going to be a constant thing. Alot for Pike to work out in the offseason over to who to bring him additionally...expect at least Chol gone
Pike is going to have to play the game NIL wise

Bac I don't post much here just read the board enjoy your posts, you cannot rely on mag next year. This is three years now of missed games. Not blaming him at all however you are aware that he was the next after Paul and cam speculated to enter the portal. For Steve to give specifics is telling. Do you disagree?

Reactions: bac2therac
fortunately Reggie Sutton isn't reading our comments; my guess/hope - Mawot isn't either.

Reactions: TRU2RU
I don’t understand why Pike is always saying Mag had great practices but then he can’t play?

This is really frustrating.
Have we not figured out that you can’t listen to Pike’s superlatives about practice? if everything he said about practice came true Chol would be raining down three-pointers like Steph Curry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT