ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland Game Announcements At Stadium

I wonder if Hobbs heard the cheers and clapping every time it was announced at the game...

Who F'n cares whether he heard them or not. He knew how people felt. It took a Yankees World Series rUn and a potential NYCFC playoff game to cancel it. Had nothing to do with you and others acting like incessant childish pricks for the last 14 months about the subject

I wonder if Hobbs heard the cheers and clapping every time it was announced at the game...
I imagine Hobbs is very very busy during home football games. I doubt he is even aware of something like that unless someone specifically tells him afterwards.

When Pat and Sarah were walking around hitting the lots and the Scarlet Walk pretty much everyone who stopped by to say hi made a comment about how great it was to have the Maryland game back in Piscataway. But as demauroj said, they already knew prior to today.

Who F'n cares whether he heard them or not. He knew how people felt. It took a Yankees World Series rUn and a potential NYCFC playoff game to cancel it. Had nothing to do with you and others acting like incessant childish pricks for the last 14 months about the subject

He should hear it loud and clear.
If he pulls this BS again he should be given his walking papers.

He should hear it loud and clear.
If he pulls this BS again he should be given his walking papers.

It was julie's deal l, which he was held to.
This has been written ad nauseum and confirmed through OPRA requests.

I'm beginning to feel this Yankee Stadium thing is going to be like Penn State threads. Someone will continue to post about it regardless of how non-relevant it is

It was julie's deal l, which he was held to.
This has been written ad nauseum and confirmed through OPRA requests.
There is a big difference between Julie saying that Rutgers would move a game to Yankee Stadium if we can work out the details and Pat signing the contract.

I'm guessing that when Hobbs worked out the details and signed the contract, he was unaware of how upset the bulk of Rutgers fans would be. He tried a few things to make it more palatable. It is pretty clear that most Rutgers fans are happy he found a way to move the game back to Piscataway.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I find is amazing people think the change had anything to do with the fan base's displeasure of the game's location (and create worthless new threads about it).

God people are f'in clueless in this world.

RU#1, true to form you continue with your usual negative bs. Give Hobbs credit that he found a way to make a change instead of spewing your usual crap. You are one miserable person who adds nothing but negativity to this forum. Good things today....Rutgers won a B1G game, the defense played a solid game to preserve the win and the Maryland game and wrestling event is back home where it belongs as Hobbs found a way to negotiate and make this happen.

And please let's not hear any negativity on the logistics in getting tickets and parking permits to people. I am sure there will be some minor problems in getting this done so let's all work with it and stay close to our computers. It's good to be back in Piscataway for this game and event.

Last edited:
With the game more than 2 weeks away, why was Rutgers able to be released from the contracted game? Hope we don't hear about some payout Rutgers has to pay to be released from this. Glad it was switched, its very good news.

No thanks
you want RU to be the Big 10 NYC area team but you cant travel 19 mile to NYC IN a famous ballpark to support RU? Think other B10 fan bases,who actually have won something and have a B10 history act like you? Im glad its a home game again, BUT I was going to game at Yankee stadium,players were pumped about playing there,and ,when you get the chance to build upon why you were put in the B10,you dont act like some of this fan base did
Sad.

Reactions: RC84
Not the same thing.
correct, because the question you asked regarding OSU vrs RU is not a valid comparison.
NOW: if you asked for a more Valid comparison of say a newer entry B10 school playing a home game in a pro stadium to build there brand and push the B10 market,thats easy.
Maryland will play at Fed Ex Field vrs Texas NEXT season.
the horror! a whole 11 miles away.
Texas Longhorns finalize football series with Maryland in 2017 and 2018. In Austin in 2017 and at FedEx Field in 2018.

Last edited:
correct, because the question you asked regarding OSU vrs RU is not a valid comparison

It's totally valid. OSU is never required to play a conference game in a shitty baseball stadium.

Neither is Michigan. Or Penn State. Or Wisconsin. Or anybody except for Maryland, since they're the other end of the shitty baseball stadium deal.

Reactions: cicero grimes
It's totally valid. OSU is never required to play a conference game in a shitty baseball stadium.

Neither is Michigan. Or Penn State. Or Wisconsin. Or anybody except for Maryland, since they're the other end of the shitty baseball stadium deal.
you better call Maryland up and tell them. So you changed it from Neutral site game to 'shitty baseball stadium" as the criteria? Waaahhh.

Last edited:
you want RU to be the Big 10 NYC area team but you cant travel 19 mile to NYC IN a famous ballpark to support RU? Think other B10 fan bases,who actually have won something and have a B10 history act like you? Im glad its a home game again, BUT I was going to game at Yankee stadium,players were pumped about playing there,and ,when you get the chance to build upon why you were put in the B10,you dont act like some of this fan base did
Sad.
The famous ballpark was knocked down several years ago.

I find is amazing people think the change had anything to do with the fan base's displeasure of the game's location (and create worthless new threads about it).

I find it amazing that people think fan displeasure didn't have anything to do with the move. Without fan displeasure, have no incentive to move the game back to Piscataway. Instead of trying to find a way to move the game, they try to find a way to make it work in YS.

you better call Maryland up and tell them.Waaahhh.

Are you going to spend the rest of your life arguing with everyone on this site who hated the idea of playing in Yankee Stadium?

You're gonna need a lot of time for that. Probably a good thing you have nothing else to do with your life, eh?

---
as a businessman of 40 years, I always found it was better to try to give the customers what they wanted, for the most part..... if customer after customer voiced displeasure, I would try to do what ever I could to rectify the problem, the fear being that I would not only lose THAT customer, but others
who are silent on the issue.

we have heard many a RU fan here say they are not renewing anymore, for various reasons, mostly because they don't like the product on the field..

You don't add to that displeasure if you can help it..... to say that the program will just disregard what they are hearing would be foolish

best guess, we don't have a game scheduled there again..... Hobbs is a smart man

wonder what the brass of B10 thinks of this move and will RU get some backlash from the conference front office?

wonder what the brass of B10 thinks of this move and will RU get some backlash from the conference front office?
===
we should not be a total doormat for the big 10..... saying that we prefer to keep our games in state is a perfectly valid stance..... let this be known early on, let them come to accept it

What B1G backlash is equivalent to a 20 pct decrease in RU season tix? And how is this good for the B1G? The way you grow Big Ten football in this area is by helping, not hindering Rutgers from competing against the big boys. If RU had a chance to beat OSU in a given year, everyone will come out of the woodwork as RU fans. We could probably hold this game at Metlife. This is what the conference didnt get. Making someone their doormat doesnt build viewership. Entertainment builds viewership. This is why the long phase in of conference revenues was so foolish of the B1G as a business. OSU game attendance proved this point.

Reactions: hiwater
It would be interesting to see the fan base reaction IF Ru moved a home game or played a neutral site B10 game at the Meadowlands,The backlash Im asking about from Brass is the B10 probably pushed the Yankee stadium game as B10 brand
in NYC just like they will hold the B10 BASKETBALL tournament in NYC MSG,this season,not Columbus,not Ann Arbor,but in NYC..Clearly they are pushing the B10 footprint on eastern seaboard NYC to Washington.
DMquAu3XkAATQl5.jpg

Reactions: nikoru09
It would be interesting to see the fan base reaction IF Ru moved a home game or played a neutral site B10 game at the Meadowlands,The backlash Im asking about from Brass is the B10 probably pushed the Yankee stadium game as B10 brand
in NYC just like they will hold the B10 BASKETBALL tournament in NYC MSG,this season,not Columbus,not Ann Arbor,but in NYC..Clearly they are pushing the B10 footprint on eastern seaboard NYC to Washington.
DMquAu3XkAATQl5.jpg

There would be little motive for the big 10 to want to move a game to Giants stadium, since it is not really promoting the New York team aspect..... I still would not want to give up a home game for that, but would have less objection

in a perfect world, there would be a NY football stadium just inside NYC, to have a non
conference big time game once in a while..... still would hate giving up a home field advantage
for a conference game, unless the other team did likewise and eliminated their home field advantage against us, in return.

Just a bunch of children pretending to be adults who have a strange phobia with driving into NYC. We get it. You're scared of doing things like going places you haven't been or that you're unfamiliar with.

Anyone who would have boycotted going into NYC (basically an extra 45-50 min on a Saturday) is a panzy fan..sorry.

Jets and Giants play in the Meadowlands. An RU game and frankly the Pinstripe Bowl game at Yankee Stadium never made much sense at all. If you want a NYC football game it should be in Metlife.

An RU game at Metlife would not generate much backlash as it is a football stadium, tailgating, etc.

If the B1G truly wants this, then don't make RU have to pay the Yankees to play there.

If the B1G wants this, then don't make RU give up a home game. Make it a true neutral site game.

So many things were dead wrong with this idea.

Pray it never rears its ugly head agin.

Just a bunch of children pretending to be adults who have a strange phobia with driving into NYC. We get it. You're scared of doing things like going places you haven't been or that you're unfamiliar with.

Anyone who would have boycotted going into NYC (basically an extra 45-50 min on a Saturday) is a panzy fan..sorry.

Nobody is impressed with your little tough guy routine.

There would be little motive for the big 10 to want to move a game to Giants stadium, since it is not really promoting the New York team aspect..... I still would not want to give up a home game for that, but would have less objection

in a perfect world, there would be a NY football stadium just inside NYC, to have a non
conference big time game once in a while..... still would hate giving up a home field advantage
for a conference game, unless the other team did likewise and eliminated their home field advantage against us, in return.

Giants and Jets think otherwise.

Nobody is impressed with your little tough guy routine.
Nobody is imprssed with you or any other fan skipping a winnable game where Maryland is on their 4th or 5th qb either. Sorry but 16 year olds drive into the city on Saturday and Sunday with ease. Why a bunch of grown men cry and bitch about it is beyond me, but you're all pathetic.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT