ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Millen saying what every Rutgers fan is thinking

And a run on 3 rd and 7. Trying to get to 4 th and 3.

Don’t really care if Wimsatt is limiting the playbook as the offense of coordinator you’ve got a call some different place and give some opportunities for a schematic situations. He’s not helping it at all that I can see.

Surace will have the same clowns coaching him. He's not going to do any better.
Going to have to get lucky my friends, similar type of lucky in the way we got RR & BL ,the only way GS gets a very good QB to attend RU is he falls into his lap or a bottle with a signed letter of intent washes up on the Old Raritan’s river banks , because his QB selection process is way below the Mendoza line .

Wimsatt is holding back the program. Time to move on.
Still stunned at the mental gymnastics last week for 10-16, 130 yards and three turnovers was somehow a good game.
Have we set the bar that low?
No chance to win with him at QB. I don’t care how much $$$ invested. He’s a big time problem.

Wimsatt is holding back the program. Time to move on.
Still stunned at the mental gymnastics last week for 10-16, 130 yards and three turnovers was somehow a good game.
Have we set the bar that low?
No chance to win with him at QB. I don’t care how much $$$ invested. He’s a big time problem.
The problem still is that Schiano has no idea what to do with a QB…even if we had one.

the offensive philosophy of Greg will never ever change...its a big fat white elephant in the room that will likely hamper any ceiling this program has
This is why it doesn't matter to me whether Surace or Trevor Lawrence comes to this program. I expect the same results.

This team hasn't had a decent QB since the UNC bowl game.

Have you watched Penn State? I thought 3 picks because that Defense is good and Maryland lost by 35 to PSU.

Since we’re not allowed to say Wimsatt sucks on these boards, it’s been refreshing to hear Millen say it all game. Screw the NIL money. It’s time to move on. AJ Surace come on down.
we are, I say it all the time and will say it again; Gav sucks

He would not start for any p5 team. Vedral was better, let that sink in

I love it. The haters now all praise Matt Millen and hope we fail.

The guy is a tool.
The guy is an absolute tool and maybe worst college analyst out there. HOWEVER, his criticism of Wimsatt was spot on. Two things can be true at the same time that Millen sucks and so does Gavin.

Last edited:
So can Simon. Doesn't mean the coaching staff values that. GW will live to fight again, unfortunately. Fans will swear they see improvement.
Correct. It’s why he, wink wink, won the job immediately. They want to run with just enough QB runs to keep the D honest. That is offense, simple as that. Simon has a different skill set and the supposed ‘competition’ wasn’t real.

I love the WR don’t get separation argument.

They are wide open and make great catches…

It’s the QB

Millen also remarked how open that Dremel was downfield (he was) but added that Wimsatt "didn't see him."
Cant send 5' 9" guys long.
He's a decent slot WR in the middle where GW likes to throw.
Alas even Dremel and Washington are gone I believe
What hero QBs do people think are going to transfer when so many positions are vacant or underwhelming?
QBs want blocking and glue-handed WRs that snatch balls like frogs catching flies

FBS Passing Leaders

I was looking at the FBS passing leaders and there are only 3 division 1 quarterbacks with a completion percentage below 50%

Gavin, Heinrich Haarberg (Nebraska), and Deacon Hill (Iowa)

After today Gavin will have sunk below Haarberg and within .1% of Hill

He was 4th worst in passing efficiency, and 93rd (of 105) in yards per attempt

This is unacceptable -taking a kid as well regarded as Gavin and seeing him near the bottom of the FBS rankings is infuriating.

Millen was right on today. Wimsatt is very inconsistent. He makes some very nice throws but misses far too many open receivers. I can give him a pass for sometimes not seeing an open guy, I mean not putting the ball on target often enough.

I really hope whoever is starting at QB for us next year (Gavin or whomever else) is better in that area. Without it, there is a low ceiling for our team unless we turn into this year's Iowa - which is almost unique in college football history.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Did you see Gavin hit the MD guy on the sideline with a pass attempt? Then the MD guy put both hands up in the air. It was a very apropos moment for the day.

If Wimsatt was at Maryland, he'd be exponentially better than he is now. Tagovailoa would be the one sailing swing passes into the Gatorade buckets.
Maryland puts their skill players in position to succeed and we don't. We use the sideline as an additional DB on offense when it's not necessary, literally making it harder for ourselves to complete a pass. Gavin did not play well at all today, but he's not the only one to blame.

No, Surace can hit a wide open WR on a 5 yard pass. That’s the difference
Wimsatt probably could hit a wide open five yard pass before the RU coaches got a hold of him. Surace will be airmailing passes over the heads of wide open receivers after a few practices.

Millen also remarked how open that Dremel was downfield (he was) but added that Wimsatt "didn't see him."
Cant send 5' 9" guys long.
He's a decent slot WR in the middle where GW likes to throw.
Alas even Dremel and Washington are gone I believe
What hero QBs do people think are going to transfer when so many positions are vacant or underwhelming?
QBs want blocking and glue-handed WRs that snatch balls like frogs catching flies
it’s simpler than that. GW is the preordained 2024 starter just like he was this year. If a QB can’t hit wide open receivers and is picked to start a few days into camp that tells you all you need to know about the farce competition. Portal QBs go where they are certain to start and get mucho NIL. They sure as hell aren’t coming here to watch GW stink and keep his job

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT