ADVERTISEMENT

Football Max Melton & Chris Long Suspended

How is it? I’m sorry that you’re so terrified of life that you need to carry a gun on you, with the only purpose of inflicting harm on someone else, but most people in this state don’t feel that way.
you didn't answer my question however, your response shows clear bias and ignorant thinking. Now answer my question because the statistics do not support your 'normal' view. Guns prevent from 200k-1mm violent crimes a year unless you think the FBI statistics are wrong. So how exactly is it not normal?

It's an honest question

• Haha
Reactions: ivan brunetti
Biggest problem here is the nanny that called the cops. Big deal, a guy shooting paintballs at pople on a college campus. Hell, I recall some potato guns shots at houses and cars when I was there.

you've got people calling the cops for not liking their neighbors for God's sake. People need to get a grip and shake stuff off.
Is this a joke 95?
If my daughter gets hit and bleeds with a welt, I’m going after them

Who said they got the licence plate? You keep trying to make this a prank huh?
What does getting a license plate have to do with it being a prank???

The arrest happened very quickly. Either the victims recognized their attackers, or were able to describe the vehicle or make out the license plate correct? Or a bystander did. What am I missing here? The police found out who it was somehow. That’s true whether this was as severe as attempted murder or a simple prank.

Last edited:
Biggest problem here is the nanny that called the cops. Big deal, a guy shooting paintballs at pople on a college campus. Hell, I recall some potato guns shots at houses and cars when I was there.

you've got people calling the cops for not liking their neighbors for God's sake. People need to get a grip and shake stuff off.
Exactly, reporting an assault shows weakness, and even if it were a real gun, don't be a p*ssy and just learn to make your own tourniquet for the wounds.

Is this a joke 95?
apples and oranges and I agree with your view and course of action. My issue is everyone seemingly wants to call the cops for anything and everything when much of this could be handled individually. You catch the guy that does this to your daughter and blowtorch the fker for all I care. The world needs more vigilantism imho. The world needs a little more 'meet you at the bike rack after school'

Reactions: Steve91562
you didn't answer my question however, your response shows clear bias and ignorant thinking. Now answer my question because the statistics do not support your 'normal' view. Guns prevent from 200k-1mm violent crimes a year unless you think the FBI statistics are wrong. So how exactly is it not normal?

It's an honest question
I don’t know what your question was, I wasn’t responding to you. How do you stop a violent crime, with a violent crime?

Exactly, reporting an assault shows weakness, and even if it were a real gun, don't be a p*ssy and just learn to make your own tourniquet for the wounds.
well I wouldn't go that far but this is a paintball gun. No one, no one can even claim it sounds like a real gun in this discussion and be taken seriously.

There is a reason American men are following European men in the lower testosterone production and it's on display here.

Real shot, you call the police but a paintball gun....lol, fking retarded

It's an honest question
Sorry, I was responding to you, misread your screen name.

I don’t know what your question was, I wasn’t responding to you. How do you stop a violent crime, with a violent crime?
I suggesting reading help following my masculinity training and less tucking then. I kid..partially

nothing violent about protecting yourself or your family using whatever means necessary. For the record, firearms used in self defense are not considered a violent crime, even in New Jermany.

I'll take you to the range if you'd like and you can see there is nothing inherently dangerous, at least, less so than many common household things. Hell, if you have kids under 18, they are more likely to die as a result of texting than by a gun, drinking, drugs. Like anything, it's the manner in which it's used.

Guns used illegally account for over 90% of all firearm related deaths. Almost 50% of those numbers are isolated to 6 counties riddent with drugs, poverty, etc..

Every child should take firearm training imho. The kids I see who are 'enamored' by them are exposed to them. Wanna guess how many of kids impacted by gun violence have single parent homes, less than 50k yr annual household income, family member on drugs or running with gangs? I could go on but once you break out the numbers, guns are not the issue. In a country with 300mm plus guns and a 1billion plus rounds in private possession, if guns were an issue, you'd know it.

In any event, like most things, we see a ton of ignorance and lack of accountability injected into these discussions.

I do however, agree that they should be suspended and most likely removed from the team. They know the rules, the opportunity and priveledge of playing for RU and am confident their parents raised them better. Cut bait, move on and now we've got two spots to recruit for. Once they accepted to play here, that type fo fun and juvenile stuff goes out the window. While I think much of this discussion is ridiculous, drive by shooting paintball guns at people walking by warrants discipline. Even when I was younger and doing stupid $Hit, I knew the consequences and accepted that responsibolity. Life lessons.

If they got a license plate it would NOT be a prank at all. No idea. Either they recognized their attackers or described the license or vehicle right? Or a bystander did. What am I missing?
Your missing the fact they didn't know the attackers and called the police with the best description they had.

I suggesting reading help following my masculinity training and less tucking then. I kid..partially

nothing violent about protecting yourself or your family using whatever means necessary. For the record, firearms used in self defense are not considered a violent crime, even in New Jermany.

I'll take you to the range if you'd like and you can see there is nothing inherently dangerous, at least, less so than many common household things. Hell, if you have kids under 18, they are more likely to die as a result of texting than by a gun, drinking, drugs. Like anything, it's the manner in which it's used.

Guns used illegally account for over 90% of all firearm related deaths. Almost 50% of those numbers are isolated to 6 counties riddent with drugs, poverty, etc..

Every child should take firearm training imho. The kids I see who are 'enamored' by them are exposed to them. Wanna guess how many of kids impacted by gun violence have single parent homes, less than 50k yr annual household income, family member on drugs or running with gangs? I could go on but once you break out the numbers, guns are not the issue. In a country with 300mm plus guns and a 1billion plus rounds in private possession, if guns were an issue, you'd know it.

In any event, like most things, we see a ton of ignorance and lack of accountability injected into these discussions.
And that’s what the NRA used to do. My issue isn’t with guns, it’s the fact that every idiot can get one with no safety training at all.
And especially “toy” guns that may not kill someone, but when you’re that “someone “ things look different.

Do kids even still play paintball?

Remember it was big in the 90s ...kinda. Was the type of thing you did for like a year or two in Jr high or HS, then moved on. I don't remember a single person having stuff around their college dorm or apt.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Is this a joke 95?
totally understandable and feel the same if that happened to my daughter and/or granddaughter , especially one of my great granddaughters.
Instant anger and retaliation is normal

But after calming down a bit,we must ask ourselves what would we do if when we caught up to them and found out they meant no harm just were not thinking while doing a stupid prank

How would we feel if our children did something like that, deserve the hell pounded out of them for doing something without thinking it could harm those they shot with a paintball gun.

I bring those things up because when replying as a parent, put the shoe on the other foot as if I was the parent of a kid arrested for shooting people with a paintball gun that did a little damage ( drew blood and bruising) to those they shot.
The hang em high punishment some on this board seem to favor, don't look so favorably if the accused is someone you know and really didn't mean to harm anyone with a stupid prank

Of course if Chris and Max knew what they were doing could hurt those they nailed with a paintball and didn't care the parents of victims beating the crap out of them wouldn't look so bad because they didn't care if they hurt anyone and deserve the beating
Also the hang em high punishment would fit the crime.

I try to look at all angles because sometimes mistakes happen when people ( especially young adults) don't think about what they are doing .
But sometimes those mistakes are really not mistakes and the product of people knowing it's the wrong thing to do, but thinking it would be fun and doing it anyway.

Right now I give Chris and Max the benefit of doubt.
Understand if others don't see this mess the same way I do.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
The second act is not a crime. That is the error in your thinking. The person protecting themselves with a weapon is not committing a crime. Or do you think just having possession of a weapon is a crime.

Why no video has surfaced of this crime?
With all the students with smartphones on Livingston campus, not one had the sense to record the shooting.
Aren't there video cameras all over the campus?

As I said before.....we don't know anything definitively. I do firmly believe that there would a difference in the probability of a police call being made if the shooter was Max Melton or Noah Vedral. If there was any question on what type of gun was shot then i am even more confident of the probability being different.
nope..Vedral would have missed and Max would have dove across and intercepted the shot.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Sorry Charlie. .you are way off base and jumping to incorrect conclusions. I have a FID card and own several firearms. So not anti gun. You are assuming everyone is as knowledgeable as you in differentiating paintball gun vs firearm and I'm pointing out they are not.

Ignore facts all you want. I offered an nice conclusion to a disagreement. You decided to be a dick. Fu** off.

However if you like head to the range - if you've ever been to one - and ask someone to shoot you with a firearm and a paintball gun.

Let me know if you notice anything interesting.

Responding to a violent attack with violence is not a second crime. You understand that right?

Good point I hadn’t thought of. Actually, the longer amount of time that goes by without a public apology from the kids or a statement from the families (especially the Meltons) the more plausible your latter scenerio becomes.

They can't talk publicly - it's in the courts now and between the lawyers and the prosecutor.

Saying anything would be a bad idea.

The second act is not a crime. That is the error in your thinking. The person protecting themselves with a weapon is not committing a crime. Or do you think just having possession of a weapon is a crime.

He's an idiot.

It's an honest question
Do you have a source from that claim. Any estimate I have seen for that stat is from the NRA which isn’t exactly the best source.

Serious questions. Anyone know what the University punishment would be for a regular non-athlete student who does something like this? There should be something in writing somewhere. And if RU treats athletes differently than other students, would there be NCAA issues to deal with?
It doesn’t matter to the NCAA what happens tie non student athletes. It up to the school to decide how they discipline athletes.

So next home game you have no problem with a student shooting paintballs at you or your family? You would just sit there and do nothing and laugh it off?

It's an honest question

From not a conservative site: http://preview.realclearinvestigati...ly_hear_of_them_794461.html?mc_cid=159140952c

Maybe our friends can consider deprogramming after reading that.

Your missing the fact they didn't know the attackers and called the police with the best description they had.
Is any of this out there in the report as fact?

Let’s assume your right about the first part. Completely random and nobody involved knew each other. What’s “the best description they had”? A quick picture of the car? Just a color car? Again - this has nothing whatsoever to do with the severity of the crime. Regardless of the allegations, whoever reported this obviously led police directly to the suspects.

not 99.44%. No way
Are you kidding me?

white target doesn't call cops on white shooters?

black target doesn't call cops on white shooters?

yer way off base on this one.

do you really think the victims or witnesses wouldn't call the cops on the vehicle itself even if they couldn't see who was shooting?

please.. use some common sense here. do you really think the witnesses and victims would just look at the shooters and then laugh it off if they were white guys?

well.. first step.. don't call defending yourself or others from violent crime AS a violent crime.

Don't do that and your problem goes away.

apples and oranges and I agree with your view and course of action. My issue is everyone seemingly wants to call the cops for anything and everything when much of this could be handled individually. You catch the guy that does this to your daughter and blowtorch the fker for all I care. The world needs more vigilantism imho. The world needs a little more 'meet you at the bike rack after school'

Are you kidding me?

white target doesn't call cops on white shooters?

black target doesn't call cops on white shooters?

yer way off base on this one.

do you really think the victims or witnesses wouldn't call the cops on the vehicle itself even if they couldn't see who was shooting?

please.. use some common sense here. do you really think the witnesses and victims would just look at the shooters and then laugh it off if they were white guys?
Change would to could.

If the 3 victims didn’t report it, Chris and Max would likely have continued this type of activity until someone incurred a serious injury ( lose an eye). So figure the appropriate punishment and get back to business. Use it as a teaching point to every other RU sporting team. Turn it into a positive.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Didn’t it (or something very similar)just happen at Oregon and the kids were given a one game suspension then it was removed before the season even started? I don’t recall anyone here yelling that they should shut down their program.
Oregon has different gun laws.

ADVERTISEMENT