ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Dare needs to start

RUSK97

Heisman Winner
Dec 28, 2007
CNJ
Mehringer and Ash have been touting this 'we can't win because we have no talent' thing and that's the only reason why Dare hasn't sniffed the field. They're afraid fans will see they have a clear Heisman winner (no, not candidate, WINNER) on the roster. He can make an 80-yard pass and pick a fly off a goalpost with a mere flick of his wrist. He's so fast he can elude 11 defenders without the need for an O-line. On kick returns, the opponents part like the Red Sea for him because they know there's no chance. As a defender, he'll simultaneously pancake three linemen and take down the opposing QB. In the off chance the pass is thrown, he'll intercept every pass thrown within 30 yards and turn it into a pick six. If he ever needs to kick an extra point, the opponents carry the goalposts to the ball for fear of offending him. He is Michael Dare, the best football player in the world and he has been buried at sixth string on the depth chart.

Seriously, these Rettig threads have been ridiculous for months now.

Guess the joke is on us. We should all accept 78-0 beat downs and be happy about it. By this logic, RU should have saved the money by keeping Flood because "we can't win with this talent". No one is saying you need to win but 78-0? WTF are we paying for?

When Laviano was declared the starter I was okay with the Coach's decision; despite ineffective play (largely due to the line) I still back this; BECAUSE Laviano is a Rutgers player. He only asked to come here and get a chance to play.

With our personnel, it is likely that Rettig can't do better than any of the others. But, as Rutgers fans, I resent that he gets subjected to ridicule. The only contention I have ever made was that he has the best arm of the group, can we all agree on that?

Issues have arisen because our players are not yet up to speed with the top of the B1G; this is going to take time.

As for comparisons between Rettig and Laviano from last year? Impossible, because at NO POINT did Rettig get the opportunity to play (let alone throw) to our best receiver.

If you guys want to argue that Rettig isn't deserving of playing time fine, but stick to facts, and stop belittling one of our players. We SHOULD be able to rise above that.

Flickr_-_cyclonebill_-_Spejl%C3%A6g.jpg

Dare is better than CL and Allen.
He's just younger and inexperienced.

Dare played in a very weak conference in high school, lit it up, and the Floodies here all fell in love with him. He was the quintessential Flood recruit as an overrated 3-star with no offers outside of ours. I said from day 1 that he'd never see the light of day at this level and that remains the case. He should have done himself a favor and transferred down to FCS so that he'd be playing the game he loves on Saturday.

Dare played in a very weak conference in high school, lit it up, and the Floodies here all fell in love with him. He was the quintessential Flood recruit as an overrated 3-star with no offers outside of ours. I said from day 1 that he'd never see the light of day at this level and that remains the case. He should have done himself a favor and transferred down to FCS so that he'd be playing the game he loves on Saturday.

That may be true, but, he's still better than CL.

Being able to run with the ball is so much more important than being able to pass the ball. That's why he's third string. The coaches are always right.

There's a lot of posters that disagree with you OP. Get over it!

Guess the joke is on us. We should all accept 78-0 beat downs and be happy about it. By this logic, RU should have saved the money by keeping Flood because "we can't win with this talent". . . . .
It's hard just to untangle the many things that are wrong with this logic no less address them.

A few "adults" here bashing a 19 year old who has never seen the field. Really classy guys. Wow.

Typical ScarletNation. People tripping over each other to see who can be the biggest wiseass at the expense of a kid who committed to RU.

Please stop. Nobody is "bashing" the kid. Shit, I'd love to see what he can do, to be honest it probably can't be any worse, but reality is reality and there are a slew of kids on our roster who probably don't belong on a P5 roster with a scholarship. Even the mods expressed this about Dare during his recruitment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT