ADVERTISEMENT

Football Michael Maietti enters transfer portal

My first impression is that Maietti is following the Jonah Jackson approach to get to a top program as a grad transfer after putting in 4 years at RU. Being a starting OL for OSU worked out well for Jackson.

But Maietti won’t have those types of options based on his play. But who knows, maybe he’s got a good offer somewhere?

He played hard for RU FB. I thank him for his efforts and wish him well in the future.
Be honest here in this Mike Maietti posting... did you actually watch games closely on his play?... the prior year or two Jonah Jackson 6’ 3” 295-300 was on his shoulder to cover up his glaring lack of physical size... mind you not toughness... size , strength and overall quickness... I would love to see O’Neal or one of the players who were recruits last year or even a JUCO signing up this year... still have confidence Schiano will add 1-2 o linemen in this class but as hard and as tough as Maietti was he was overrun once we got into the meat of the schedule in November ... Good luck to him, Mo Jabbie and all the rest.

If we can continually upgrade each position, count me All In!! For those players who don't want to be all in, I wish them the best of luck in their future pursuits and thank most of them for being Scarlet Knights, but I want those players All Out.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Be honest here in this Mike Maietti posting... did you actually watch games closely on his play?... the prior year or two Jonah Jackson 6’ 3” 295-300 was on his shoulder to cover up his glaring lack of physical size... mind you not toughness... size , strength and overall quickness... I would love to see O’Neal or one of the players who were recruits last year or even a JUCO signing up this year... still have confidence Schiano will add 1-2 o linemen in this class but as hard and as tough as Maietti was he was overrun once we got into the meat of the schedule in November ... Good luck to him, Mo Jabbie and all the rest.
He was the worst center we've had since Dallas Hendrickson. Bujari, Nelson and Blaszczyk ran circles around him at the position. Hell I'd even take Caleb Ruch over him in his one year of playing the position. Now that doesn't make him a bad kid, just his play on the field can be easily replaced. I don't think many watch the Oline in depth during games, it's really not the fun exciting part of the game, though many like to say they do.

I have no problem with Grad Transfers. They did their time and if they are looking at grad schools to improve their employment opportunities that is fine with me.

He was the worst center we've had since Dallas Hendrickson. Bujari, Nelson and Blaszczyk ran circles around him at the position. Hell I'd even take Caleb Ruch over him in his one year of playing the position. Now that doesn't make him a bad kid, just his play on the field can be easily replaced. I don't think many watch the Oline in depth during games, it's really not the fun exciting part of the game, though many like to say they do.
I certainly would agree with that assessment the young guy was overmatched ... crazy to think even Seymour a B1G and strong guy and a starter to boot never really blossomed ... had difficult at RT for 4 years think about that... good luck to Maietti where ever he lands ... maybe Texas or Alabama?

I certainly would agree with that assessment the young guy was overmatched ... crazy to think even Seymour a B1G and strong guy and a starter to boot never really blossomed ... had difficult at RT for 4 years think about that... good luck to Maietti where ever he lands ... maybe Texas or Alabama?

LOL. If Maietti ends up at Bama or Texas then all of our posting privileges should be suspended for at least a week!

Did Flood recruit Maietti from Don Bosco during his time at RU?

Last edited:
2016 Class- Krimin 0.855, Lonsdorf 0.813, *Maietti 2 star 0.781*
Hard worker and probably good kid but a 2 star starting for 3 years R-Fr. to R-Jr (2017-19) is kind of saying something about Flood and Ash OL recruiting and Ash's decision making. All 3 on the 2 deep last year, but they have the most experience on the team.

OL recruit 2017- Clark 0.94, Vretman 0.855, Beaty 0.844, Bowles 0.839
2018- O'Neal 0.852, Sutton 0.844, Rosso 0.826
2019(redshirted)- Hanson 0.83, Oskarsson 0.826, Cooper 0.826

As long as we don't lose O'Neal or Sutton 6'4" 280, we should be fine.
Last year's depth chart to start the year was

LT O'neal 6'4" 305 Lonsdorf 6'6" 304
LG Venesky 6'3 306 Vretman 6'6" 305
C Maietti 6'1 291 Owen Bowles 6'4" 300
RG Krimin 6'5 309 Manny Taylor 6'5" 312
RT Seymour 6'6 324 Rosso 6'6" 290

Seymour, Venesky and Taylor are gone and why are there a bunch of tackles in the guard spots. I was always led to believe that tackle spots are the taller guys with good feet and Guards and Centers are shorter more athletic guys for the QB to see the field better. Why wouldn't they move O'neal and Sutton at the Guards, Vretman, Krimin, Lonsdorf and Rosso battle for the tackle spots. Just need to find backup guards and either Bowles at center or a new guy.
Because you need athleticism to play tackle at this level, Oneal and Sutton have it while most of others you mentioned probably dont

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT