ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Brackets

Early top-three at #Midlands54. Bonus points propelling the Scarlet Knights!
2694.png
1. #RUWR - 30.5 2. Iowa - 22.5 3. Nebraska - 22.5

Reactions: KidDagger
This is definitely the most bonus points I've ever seen from us in a tournament like this. I know it's early, and we've had a couple upset losses against us, but I'm very happy so far.

We really are grueling on top. Ride outs for whole periods, back points galore. Eventually everyone is just going to pick neutral instead of down automatically vs. RU

I know tournaments aren't won in the first or second round, but seeing RU ahead of Iowa in the standings brings a big smile to my face!

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Giraldo vs Bannister next round should be interesting.

Gravina gets Baker again from Princeton. He mauled that kid in November

E. Saavedra actually won Midlands last year. The Columbia coach was going crazy when his kid upset him in the first round (see his twitter post). #5 seed this year, I believe.

Reactions: RUpop
Do you think we'll be seeing more of this in the future? Have a guy sit out a year from college (free redshirt), then redshirt again sometime in his collegiate career? Man against boys argument.

I wonder if the NCAA would put the kibosh on it...if they even care.

More & more kids are doing 1 or more of the following to get an athletics advantage (some are doing it for academic advantages too): repeating a year in grade school or middle school, taking a prep year after high school, & taking a gap year after high school & wrestling at the OTC or a RTC/club like FLWC. Logan Stieber was 20 when he won his 1st national title & 24 when he won his last.

125: No. 3 Shakur Laney (Ohio) double legs Brandon Paetzell (#RUWR) on the SV restart to win, 5-3. Paetzell drops into wrestle backs.

Mulligan beat pafumi 7-2

This is fun! Seeing the Scarlet Knights' tweeter to see the mat location, and watching the match. Good thing I got a trip monitor - otherwise, I would not be able to get any work done... Go RU!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT