ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota

scarletnewyorker2006

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2012
Baltimore Inner Harbor
This game is by no means a guaranteed victory. Yes we bludgeoned them at home, but that was right after they gave up hope on having a season they could feel okay with, of beating .500 overall and maybe even going to the NIT if they improved from there. They had hope, and lost it just before playing us (always the best time to play a team—watch Penn St lose by 20+ in their next game). Now they’ve come to terms with it and are playing more competitively. Their best player has returned from injury, and they’re at home with a chance to play spoiler. Yes, we’re the definitive favorite, but I’m not taking a W for granted. Any B1G road win needs to be fought for and earned. I hope Caleb’s back doesn’t relapse. We need a strong effort before putting on our dancing shoes.

The guys need to channel the energy they had all OOC Q4 schedule when we beat every bad team by 35 points leaning nothing to chance. Minnesota is on that level and if we show up thinking we will simply walk in and win, we’ll be in for a surprise. Step on the throat and don’t let off til the buzzer sounds and then start dancing

Reactions: RU89
I remember the game last year. Minnesota was down 3 starters and Rutgers goes out and loses by 3. Payton Willis has a can't miss game and he scores 32. The end of game play is still a head scratcher. Mulcahy leaves shooter Luke Loewe open to double someone and Loewe hits a big game winning shot.

Absolutely, nothing is guaranteed.

The guys need to channel the energy they had all OOC Q4 schedule when we beat every bad team by 35 points leaning nothing to chance. Minnesota is on that level and if we show up thinking we will simply walk in and win, we’ll be in for a surprise. Step on the throat and don’t let off til the buzzer sounds and then start dancing
I think Minny is much better than the other Q4 programs we beat up. This is not Bucknell or Coppin State. Those teams are closer to Division 2 than they are to us. Minnesota is galaxies better than them.

Reactions: Arizona Knight
Every game is different. Minnesota is not going to lay down and rollover, especially after getting thumped at Piscataway. Nice when we are on the other side of a team scoring drought like last night at Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT