ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile ticket transfer to casual fans

Big boy stan

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2017
I have a group of 17 coming this weekend and all the tickets are in my Scarlet Knight app on my phone. I did not put them in the wallet yet. Guessing we may or may not be all entering together, so I would like to get them to the different families.

Most of the people are not big RU fans and dont have the app or an account.I would prefer not to go through explaining to them all why they need it. Anyone know the easiest way to pass out these tickets? Can they be printed at home?

I have a group of 17 coming this weekend and all the tickets are in my Scarlet Knight app on my phone. I did not put them in the wallet yet. Guessing we may or may not be all entering together, so I would like to get them to the different families.

Most of the people are not big RU fans and dont have the app or an account.I would prefer not to go through explaining to them all why they need it. Anyone know the easiest way to pass out these tickets? Can they be printed at home?

Unfortunately, there is only one way. I'm not sure if a screen shot of the ticket texted to your friends will work. I am going to try that this weekend as an experiment. Maybe others know.

Before anyone screams that Rutgers should fix this, it works this way for other teams. We bought 4 tickets for the game at Wisconsin, and each separate ticket holder was asked to open their own account on the Wisconsin athletics website. One person in our party could not be bothered, but they will travel with us and enter with us.

"If arriving separately, you can transfer a ticket or parking pass to each member of your party. This will allow you and your guest(s) to arrive at your own convenience. Via My Account 2.0, select the tickets you wish to transfer and enter their cell phone number. They will receive a text message instructing them to accept their tickets. They will need to log into their existing Rutgers account or simply create an account to accept their tickets. Once your guest(s) have accepted the transfer, they will be able to add the tickets to Apple Wallet or Google Pay."

Reactions: RUDiddy777
If you're nearby and will also see the people in your group during the week, you can try calling the ticket office and see if they'll issue printed tickets for you. They charge a $50 shipping fee which is obviously outrageous, but if you can pick them up from the RAC, it's free. I just had them issue me paper tickets for the rest of the season after missing half of the first quarter last week due to the scanner not reading my phone for some reason despite following the instructions perfectly. I'm not sure if they only do this for season ticket holders, but it's worth at least calling and asking.

Per the FAQs "On game days, please visit the ticket office at the North Gate of SHI Stadium for football and men’s lacrosse or the box office at the RAC for basketball and wrestling and present a valid form of photo ID with the name associated on the ticket account and the ticket office can reprint your tickets."

I wonder if I could just go to the ticket office and make something up and have them print out 15 tickets

You guys always use the Scarlet Knight app? I’m a STH but I never use the Scarlet Knight app once. I just clicked the link and added to the mobile wallet after receiving the email.

@Big boy stan
You transfer the tickets via email or text, right? They cannot just click the link and add them to the wallet?

Unfortunately, there is only one way. I'm not sure if a screen shot of the ticket texted to your friends will work. I am going to try that this weekend as an experiment. Maybe others know.

Before anyone screams that Rutgers should fix this, it works this way for other teams. We bought 4 tickets for the game at Wisconsin, and each separate ticket holder was asked to open their own account on the Wisconsin athletics website. One person in our party could not be bothered, but they will travel with us and enter with us.

"If arriving separately, you can transfer a ticket or parking pass to each member of your party. This will allow you and your guest(s) to arrive at your own convenience. Via My Account 2.0, select the tickets you wish to transfer and enter their cell phone number. They will receive a text message instructing them to accept their tickets. They will need to log into their existing Rutgers account or simply create an account to accept their tickets. Once your guest(s) have accepted the transfer, they will be able to add the tickets to Apple Wallet or Google Pay."

You guys are going to the Wisky game? The MRS wants to go too. We're considering driving out for the weekend.

Reactions: Knight Shift
@Big boy stan
You transfer the tickets via email or text, right? They cannot just click the link and add them to the wallet?
I am pretty sure that you can not transfer them after adding them to your phone wallet. At least that is what the FAQs say. Can anyone else confirm that?

Reactions: RutgersB1GTen
I am pretty sure that you can not transfer them after adding them to your phone wallet. At least that is what the FAQs say. Can anyone else confirm that?
Not true. I download all my tix and parking passes before the first game and have transferred tix and passes multiple times last year and this year. The tix and pass in my Apple wallet just become invalid.

I picked up four tickets for the MSU game via StubHub and just accepted a transfer for all four tickets to me, and the tickets are now in my Google Pay Wallet. Can I transfer them electronically from my Google Pay Wallet to the other three guys? Or do I have to present the tickets for all at the gate via my phone? TIA...

Not true. They remain available in your account to transfer or to download to mobile wallet etc. this is what you might do if you got a different phone.
But if you transfer them , and the recipients accepts the transfer, the one in your wallet is no longer valid so remember to delete it from your wallet.

Reactions: RutgersNo1
I picked up four tickets for the MSU game via StubHub and just accepted a transfer for all four tickets to me, and the tickets are now in my Google Pay Wallet. Can I transfer them electronically from my Google Pay Wallet to the other three guys? Or do I have to present the tickets for all at the gate via my phone? TIA...
No. But you can still transfer them from the manage tickets page I’m the app or the website.
The ones you have downloaded simply become invalid after you have transferred them and the reviews accepted them.

You guys always use the Scarlet Knight app? I’m a STH but I never use the Scarlet Knight app once. I just clicked the link and added to the mobile wallet after receiving the email.

@Big boy stan
Recipients of ticket transfers do not need the app. They can add to their wallet as you say.

You guys are going to the Wisky game? The MRS wants to go too. We're considering driving out for the weekend.
Yupper. We got a sweet deal on a house rental. Thought I mentioned this to you at the first tailgate-we are going with our daughter who works near Madison at Epic Systems and a longtime friend who is a Wisconsin alum.

Yupper. We got a sweet deal on a house rental. Thought I mentioned this to you at the first tailgate-we are going with our daughter who works near Madison at Epic Systems and a longtime friend who is a Wisconsin alum.

You talked to me about it.

We've got a hotel room & will probably drive out

The website is 100 times better for ticket transfers than the app. At least that's my experience. It's literally: login, click transfer tickets, pick the tickets, type in phone number, DONE.

In this situation, you would just have to type in a shit ton of different numbers but I don't see that as a deal breaker.

The website is 100 times better for ticket transfers than the app. At least that's my experience. It's literally: login, click transfer tickets, pick the tickets, type in phone number, DONE.

In this situation, you would just have to type in a shit ton of different numbers but I don't see that as a deal breaker.
Same in the app, but you can use the contacts in your phone. So no number typing if it’s already in your contacts.

Same in the app, but you can use the contacts in your phone. So no number typing if it’s already in your contacts.
That's good to know. I had trouble with app logging in and navigation so I never even got to the transfer part.

Not sure if they fixed it, but I'm pretty sure to login in, you may need to type your e-mail address in ALLCAPS.

Rutgers gonna Rutgers.
True. Except it’s the vendor not Rutgers. Pacolean I think.

I have to enter my email in all caps to log in to the app, but once that’s done then it uses the face is on iPhone so I have not logged in often.

True. Except it’s the vendor not Rutgers. Pacolean I think.

I have to enter my email in all caps to log in to the app, but once that’s done then it uses the face is on iPhone so I have not logged in often.
The Scarlet Knights App is a Pacolean produced app? Not sure. My kid laughed when I complained about this. Said it was a really simple one line of code to fix.

Reactions: Jimpeg
The Scarlet Knights App is a Pacolean produced app? Not sure. My kid laughed when I complained about this. Said it was a really simple one line of code to fix.
I am not certain, but on the manage tickets page of the app, at the bottom of the page it says: “powered by Pacolean”.
I’m certain that Rutgers doesn’t write their own e-commerce apps or websites. They are provided that by a vendor.

Yes it’s a stupid bug. User logins should always be case agnostic.
But as someone who has worked in the software industry for decades. Such bugs are a dime a dozen.

I am not certain, but on the manage tickets page of the app, at the bottom of the page it says: “powered by Pacolean”.
I’m certain that Rutgers doesn’t write their own e-commerce apps or websites. They are provided that by a vendor.

Yes it’s a stupid bug. User logins should always be case agnostic.
But as someone who has worked in the software industry for decades. Such bugs are a dime a dozen.
mess-up-mundane-detail.gif

Its just as easy to have little ticket stubs...worked for decades
It's easier having the stubs. I think we need a free credit, tutorial class for us older guys on how to use the app and transfer tix. I always enjoyed getting the UPS package and opening the booklet to look at all the tickets....(sigh) .

Reactions: bac2therac
Yeah I think a way around it is you can assign

@Big boy stan

I think a way around it may be to assign certain seats to your friends who will go in at a different time. Let them click your link and download the tix to their Wallet.

U just need to make sure u download the others and u both don’t download the same tix.

As the ticket "owner" for our group of 12, I always use the SK.com website, not the app, to transfer tickets and parking passes to everyone. Like you said, very simple - takes maybe 2-3 minutes to do all 12. And I always put my ticket in my wallet, since wireless bandwidth is iffy at the stadium.

Its just as easy to have little ticket stubs...worked for decades
Not when everyone might not be with you tailgating or if some need to do last minute transfers, like if they can't make the game for some reason - with physical tickets (when tickets were split up ahead of time) that's hard to do. No question e-tix are easier and more flexible.

If you're nearby and will also see the people in your group during the week, you can try calling the ticket office and see if they'll issue printed tickets for you. They charge a $50 shipping fee which is obviously outrageous, but if you can pick them up from the RAC, it's free. I just had them issue me paper tickets for the rest of the season after missing half of the first quarter last week due to the scanner not reading my phone for some reason despite following the instructions perfectly. I'm not sure if they only do this for season ticket holders, but it's worth at least calling and asking.
I have nine season passes in my group and we pay the 50 bucks each year for printed tickets
And every year there are tickets given to someone else , sometimes more than once per ticket
As long as the university will print them I run to this option
There is no advantage to having them on your phone , only disadvantages

Not when everyone might not be with you tailgating or if some need to do last minute transfers, like if they can't make the game for some reason - with physical tickets (when tickets were split up ahead of time) that's hard to do. No question e-tix are easier and more flexible.
There is a tailgate before every game and you can give the physical tickets at the tailgate
Parking passes are another story

Reactions: Kbee3
There is a tailgate before every game and you can give the physical tickets at the tailgate
I get the paper tickets as well as I have some older non-techie folks, BUT, all tickets and the parking pass remain transferrable electronically. That simply voids the paper. I've sold both tickets and parking on StubHub a few times without issue using the mobile ticket option.

Reactions: robcac26
I get the paper tickets as well as I have some older non-techie folks, BUT, all tickets and the parking pass remain transferrable electronically. That simply voids the paper. I've sold both tickets and parking on StubHub a few times without issue using the mobile ticket option.
Have done the same with our basketball to tickets on occasion

But overall, the paper tickets are better when dealing with multiple families over the course of a season

Reactions: ScarletR97
As I said in my earlier post, not everyone necessarily goes to a tailgate and people with paper tickets who can't make a game and want to transfer those tickets to someone else have to do a lot more work (and having to go to will call sucks vs. getting an e-ticket instantly).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT