ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile ticket transfer to casual fans

I have a group of 17 coming this weekend and all the tickets are in my Scarlet Knight app on my phone. I did not put them in the wallet yet. Guessing we may or may not be all entering together, so I would like to get them to the different families.

Most of the people are not big RU fans and dont have the app or an account.I would prefer not to go through explaining to them all why they need it. Anyone know the easiest way to pass out these tickets? Can they be printed at home?

Here

IMO - there is no disadvantage to the electronic tix and one big advantage in that if I want to sell or transfer a ticket I do not need to meet up with the recipient.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I'm amazed at how much easier it is to deal with mobile tickets than it was with paper tickets.

guaton-computadora.gif

Reading this thread explains why we have long lines at the gates
You have it backwards, the lines were much faster with paper tickets, and it's not always the fan's fault. I missed half of the first quarter of the season opener because the scanner just wasn't reading some of my tickets for some reason. I followed the instructions perfectly like I've been doing for years and never had a problem until a week and a half ago. No idea what the issue was, but we had to stand there and wait for someone else to come by with a different scanner. While we were standing there waiting, there was another guy that had the same problem. He just ignored the worker who told him to stand and wait with us and just walked right in. There were never these kinds of glitches with paper tickets, and the paper tickets scan much faster too.

The first employee who tried to scan our tickets couldn't have been any more of a jerk about it though. She told me it was because my screen is cracked--my phone has a very small crack all the way on the side, nowhere near the barcode. She told me to pull up the actual ticket and not a screenshot, it was the actual ticket pulled up in my Google wallet. When I asked how many of our tickets she successfully scanned so that those people can go in and see the game, she refused to give us an answer and for some reason made my whole group wait for the other employee to come over.

As I said in my earlier post, not everyone necessarily goes to a tailgate and people with paper tickets who can't make a game and want to transfer those tickets to someone else have to do a lot more work (and having to go to will call sucks vs. getting an e-ticket instantly).

IMO - there is no disadvantage to the electronic tix and one big advantage in that if I want to sell or transfer a ticket I do not need to meet up with the recipient.
If you opt for the paper tickets, the electronic tickets are still valid. You can still transfer your electronic ticket.

You have it backwards, the lines were much faster with paper tickets, and it's not always the fan's fault. I missed half of the first quarter of the season opener because the scanner just wasn't reading some of my tickets for some reason. I followed the instructions perfectly like I've been doing for years and never had a problem until a week and a half ago. No idea what the issue was, but we had to stand there and wait for someone else to come by with a different scanner. While we were standing there waiting, there was another guy that had the same problem. He just ignored the worker who told him to stand and wait with us and just walked right in. There were never these kinds of glitches with paper tickets, and the paper tickets scan much faster too.

The first employee who tried to scan our tickets couldn't have been any more of a jerk about it though. She told me it was because my screen is cracked--my phone has a very small crack all the way on the side, nowhere near the barcode. She told me to pull up the actual ticket and not a screenshot, it was the actual ticket pulled up in my Google wallet. When I asked how many of our tickets she successfully scanned so that those people can go in and see the game, she refused to give us an answer and for some reason made my whole group wait for the other employee to come over.

If you opt for the paper tickets, the electronic tickets are still valid. You can still transfer your electronic ticket.

I would have walked in too...

Reactions: Local Shill
I would have walked in too...
After she noticed the other guy ignored her and walked in, she made us move further away from the entrance so we wouldn't follow him. That was when we asked how many of our tickets scanned and she refused to answer. Made no sense.

If you opt for the paper tickets, the electronic tickets are still valid. You can still transfer your electronic

There is no barcode on tickets in my mobile wallet. It says hold near scanner It uses RF identification.

I have no reason to want paper tickets

Which mobile wallet do you use? On Google wallet there is a QR code.

Ok so don't ask for them?
You quoted me and provided the info - just responding. I realize I don't need to ask for them if I don't want to.

Which mobile wallet do you use? On Google wallet there is a QR code.

Ok so don't ask for them?
Apple mobile wallet.
No QR code on the ticket itself. But if you click on a “ticket properties” link (3 dots menu icon) then there is a QR code among other things.

1. Mobile tickets are so much easier. I've been to multiple concerts where my friend forgot the paper tickets and his mom had to drive to PNC with them.

2. I really miss paper tickets. At the Metallica concert we were talking about old concerts and I've forgotten a bunch. Having the paper record was so nice and nostalgic. Mobile tickets just come and go now. No reference material when thinking about concerts from 20 years ago.

You quoted me and provided the info - just responding. I realize I don't need to ask for them if I don't want to.
Ah sorry forgot it was you I was replying to, but I was happy to find out when I requested paper tickets that the mobile ones are still valid, so I can still transfer a mobile ticket to someone else if I need to. Both paper and mobile tickets remain valid until one is scanned, then the other is void.

Apple mobile wallet.
No QR code on the ticket itself. But if you click on a “ticket properties” link (3 dots menu icon) then there is a QR code among other things.
Ah I don't have an iphone but I'll see if there's another wallet that uses RF instead of a QR code, maybe I'll give that a try this weekend. If it doesn't work, at least I'll have my paper ticket.

Reactions: RULoyal
Ah sorry forgot it was you I was replying to, but I was happy to find out when I requested paper tickets that the mobile ones are still valid, so I can still transfer a mobile ticket to someone else if I need to. Both paper and mobile tickets remain valid until one is scanned, then the other is void.
In the email that notifies you that the recipient has accepted the ticket transfer it states "Your original ticket(s) are now invalid and can no longer be used."

Reactions: Scarlet16E
In the email that notifies you that the recipient has accepted the ticket transfer it states "Your original ticket(s) are now invalid and can no longer be used."
Transferring the ticket may be different, but when I picked up my paper tickets, the rep told me the mobile ones are still valid until the paper one is scanned.

1. Mobile tickets are so much easier. I've been to multiple concerts where my friend forgot the paper tickets and his mom had to drive to PNC with them.

2. I really miss paper tickets. At the Metallica concert we were talking about old concerts and I've forgotten a bunch. Having the paper record was so nice and nostalgic. Mobile tickets just come and go now. No reference material when thinking about concerts from 20 years ago.
That’s actually a good point about the ticket stubs that this generation will never appreciate. I have a box full of old ones from concerts and sporting events, each one has a memory or story when I look at them

That’s actually a good point about the ticket stubs that this generation will never appreciate. I have a box full of old ones from concerts and sporting events, each one has a memory or story when I look at them
That is true and is a bummer because I've been saving mine as well and now I rarely have anything to add to the collection, but the flipside is that today's technology makes it so we don't need to look at a ticket stub to bring up memories--we can access pictures and videos from our phones whenever we want and relive the memories exactly how we witnessed them. Now yet another flipside of this is that when you go to a concert these days, you almost always have someone's phone partially blocking your view of the stage.

As the ticket "owner" for our group of 12, I always use the SK.com website, not the app, to transfer tickets and parking passes to everyone. Like you said, very simple - takes maybe 2-3 minutes to do all 12. And I always put my ticket in my wallet, since wireless bandwidth is iffy at the stadium.

@RU848789 - you seem to be among the most comfortable handling the eTix so I am bugging you. If I transfer 4 tickets to someone else, can that person then transfer those tickets to 4 different people? I have a total of 31 coming on Saturday and I'd like to not have to contact each person directly - especially since I don't even know many of them!

@RU848789 - you seem to be among the most comfortable handling the eTix so I am bugging you. If I transfer 4 tickets to someone else, can that person then transfer those tickets to 4 different people? I have a total of 31 coming on Saturday and I'd like to not have to contact each person directly - especially since I don't even know many of them!
I'm not RU#'s, but the answer is once someone has "accepted" a ticket transfer, they belong to that person.
The original owner no longer has any access to them.
The recipient can then transfer them to someone else if they wish.

I'm not RU#'s, but the answer is once someone has "accepted" a ticket transfer, they belong to that person.
The original owner no longer has any access to them.
The recipient can then transfer them to someone else if they wish.
Thanks!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT