ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile Tickets ready for download!!!

No, only Rutgers makes fans suffer uniquely. [roll]

However, you overlooked that Ohio State and Syracuse do not have @RutgersRaRa on their boards to remind them to put their tickets and parking pass in their glove box.

Still wondering if RaRa will be issuing reminders to us to reminder to put our phones in our glovebox the night before?
That's a major decision for me, and the jury is still out. I may want to milk this thing for another year, but the bigger part of me is saying,"let it go, it was a helluva run." I mean, if we're ever gonna be like Ohio State I clearly have to step down. But that would also make us equal to Syracuse, and we can't have that. So, Counsellor Knight Shift, we'll await the jury's verdict, and that's always scary.

Reactions: Knight Shift
A lot of other schools are going this same route. Ohio State and Syracuse are a few who has done away with paper tickets. People are more likely to remember to carry their phones than paper tickets.
I have never once in 16 years forgotten the tickets. Now pancake syrup for a breakfast tailgate, well that I can’t say the same thing.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
I down loaded the Rutgers App, clicked on temple game, got all the info like number of tickets,location etc. I see no bar code, I am confused.

Rutgers didn't write the app or build the electronic ticketing process. They have contracted with a vendor who did all that. I'm sure it's a tailored version of the same app and process being used at many other schools.

The problem seem to be a lack of instructions, and especially for people who are not smartphone savvy. The vendor really could have done a much better job of that - FAIL.

The good news is this is really a one-time issue of getting people used to the new process, and after that it has some distinct advantages (e.g. no postage and snail-mail mailing of tickets to the people in your group).

it really doesn’t help that Rutgers is contracted with Paciolan for ticketing. Much worse system than what the schools contracted through Ticketmaster have.

Rutgers didn't write the app or build the electronic ticketing process. They have contracted with a vendor who did all that. I'm sure it's a tailored version of the same app and process being used at many other schools.

The problem seem to be a lack of instructions, and especially for people who are not smartphone savvy. The vendor really could have done a much better job of that - FAIL.

The good news is this is really a one-time issue of getting people used to the new process, and after that it has some distinct advantages (e.g. no postage and snail-mail mailing of tickets to the people in your group).

That's my main complaint, lack of instructions. I figured it out eventually, but they could have provided instructions. I definitely needed the help of this board.

My buddy has Ped State season tickets and they're doing the exact same thing with tickets and and an app. He said they provided step by step instructions and he said it was easy to download tickets. However, he can't get the parking pass into his wallet, so they have their bugs too.

this is bullshit, i downloaded the scarletknights app and they ask me to log in and I put it in and its says its invalid..no the ****, its not

i changed my password. now it works, did the transfer but keeping all tickets in my party on one phone rather than fool around with the transferring to other phones

no one can convince me otherwise that its proper customer service to require the consumer to do all the work

For a majority of people, transferring digital tickets to people is much less work and effort than getting paper tickets into their hands.
Yes, assuming you can actually use the app to do so, but that's not always the case as you see in this thread.

That's literally what they did. The download to the digital wallet makes it so you don't have to access the network because the tickets are downloaded to your phone, making it easier to pull up the tickets so there's not a long line. Not that hard.
What about those who do not have a digital wallet?
Will a printed copy of the attachment to the e-mail even be accepted? Some people here seem to think so. What if they are denied entrance? Holy crap!
You assume everyone knows how to download the tickets to their phone. That is not true.
Some of the older fans near me don't even have a cell phone, believe it or not.

Great for Rutgers though!

If a non-season ticket holder buys/gets tickets from someone - now Rutgers has their information on record.
Rutgers can start marketing season tickets directly to that person.
Previously, Rutgers would have no idea they should be following up with that person to turn them into a STH.
Hahahahaha! Someone at Rutgers ticket office following up on anything! Hahahaha!

Hi-

Google Pay is an App that is on Android phones. If you have an Android phone, you have to use Google Pay. If you have an Apple Phone, you have to use their Apple Wallet.

Assuming you have an Android Phone, swipe up on your phone's home screen, and look for an Icon that looks like this, and has "G Pay" or "Google Pay" beneath the icon:

Google-Pay-hero.png

But you don't need to open Google Pay to download your tickets there. The process is automatic, once you access your tickets via the Scarlet Knights App.

1. If you do not have the Scarlet Knights App, you need to go to the Play Store App on your phone and search for Scarlet Knights. Download the App.

2. Open the Scarlet Knights App after downloading.

3. On the lower right corner of the app, tap on "tickets," and tap "Manage Tickets. This opens your ticket window,

4. You will need to log in with your e-mail address from which you receive e-mail from Scarlet Knights Athletics and your password. I had to check mine on my computer, and I used the same e-mail address and password that I use on the computer.

5. You should see all of your tickets for the upcoming season, starting with the Temple game. If you have more than one ticket, you will see a ticket icon with the number of tickets inside the ticket icon. Tap on the ticket.

6. Your tickets for that game will open. There will be a GPapy icon (that does not look like the one above) under each ticket. Tap on that icon, and your ticket will automatically go to your Google Pay App where you can retrieve it. You need to do this for each ticket in your group, including your parking pass.
The GPay icon in the ticket looks like this:

1*Far7X-rE0lv_JNRPocy9Tg.png

You will probably get more useful help here than from the Ticket Office. While I charge @koleszar $50 per ticket, I can help you for free.

You probably do not need to read it, but here is a link on how Google Pay works:

What a pain in the ass!
What about people who buy tickets to only one game? Will they have to go through this same bullshit?

Will a printed copy of the attachment to the e-mail even be accepted? Some people here seem to think so. What if they are denied entrance? Holy crap!
no one would be denied entrance. They might have to go to the ticket window to get a printed ticket, but it's not like they'd have to turn around and go home.

As a side note:
I received printed tickets a while back, but upon seeing the video here, I installed the RU app on my phone and went through the steps of transfer, just to see if I would be able to

I thought possibly the transfer ability would be turned off if you had printed tickets

It appears I could, having reached the last couple of steps to transfer

if you have the app on a smart phone it is fairly easy, and that is reassuring if the program eliminates printed tickets totally the future

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
I am not a tech person by any stretch . But this was very easy to use if you have an iPhone. Not sure what the hell people are complaining about . And if you know me , I complain when it’s warranted (and even sometimes when it’s not lol)

Reactions: Scarlet16E
I am not a tech person by any stretch . But this was very easy to use if you have an iPhone. Not sure what the hell people are complaining about . And if you know me , I complain when it’s warranted (and even sometimes when it’s not lol)
It was easy for me too. I just handed the phone to my wife and said, "here, figure this out". Viola' tickets. If not, my phone would have been launched off my top deck into the fruit orchard.

As a side note:
I received printed tickets a while back, but upon seeing the video here, I installed the RU app on my phone and went through the steps of transfer, just to see if I would be able to

I thought possibly the transfer ability would be turned off if you had printed tickets

It appears I could, having reached the last couple of steps to transfer

if you have the app on a smart phone it is fairly easy, and that is reassuring if the program eliminates printed tickets totally the future

With tomorrow's game being a weeknight my crew is coming at different times if they can make it at all. So before I started to transfer tickets and parking I decided to hit my ticket rep with a few questions that I think would be valuable for the board to know. Hope you all find this useful.

Q1 - If a friend transfers me a ticket and or parking will it show up in my app or will I have to download it to my wallet at the point of accepting?
A1 - If you are a season ticket holder and it is sent to your registered email they will show up in the app.

Q2 - Will I be able to transfer a ticket that was transferred to me and resides in my app?
A2 - NO! Once a ticket is transferred it cannot be retransferred it can only be sent back to the person that sent it to you. (which means you cannot act as a middleman) So if friend #1 has a ticket for your friend #2 #1 cannot send it to you to send to #2, you have to share #2's information with #1 and handle the transfer that way.

Q3 - If you have paper tickets and parking will they still show up in the app and can you use the app to transfer?
A3 - Yes, but once the transfer happens the paper becomes invalid and useless. So in my case I buy two parking passes one on my account and one on a friends account (which has paper) If he was to transfer me all of his parking tonight all of the paper is useless. Since I do not always need the second parking he will give me the paper and maintain the digital pass in his app. This way if I need to sell parking and I cannot meet up with the purchaser to give them the paper pass my buddy can still transfer them if need be. If they were all sent to me at the beginning of the season (see A2) I would not be able to transfer.

Hope people find this useful........

GO RU!

With tomorrow's game being a weeknight my crew is coming at different times if they can make it at all. So before I started to transfer tickets and parking I decided to hit my ticket rep with a few questions that I think would be valuable for the board to know. Hope you all find this useful.

Q1 - If a friend transfers me a ticket and or parking will it show up in my app or will I have to download it to my wallet at the point of accepting?
A1 - If you are a season ticket holder and it is sent to your registered email they will show up in the app.

Q2 - Will I be able to transfer a ticket that was transferred to me and resides in my app?
A2 - NO! Once a ticket is transferred it cannot be retransferred it can only be sent back to the person that sent it to you. (which means you cannot act as a middleman) So if friend #1 has a ticket for your friend #2 #1 cannot send it to you to send to #2, you have to share #2's information with #1 and handle the transfer that way.

Q3 - If you have paper tickets and parking will they still show up in the app and can you use the app to transfer?
A3 - Yes, but once the transfer happens the paper becomes invalid and useless. So in my case I buy two parking passes one on my account and one on a friends account (which has paper) If he was to transfer me all of his parking tonight all of the paper is useless. Since I do not always need the second parking he will give me the paper and maintain the digital pass in his app. This way if I need to sell parking and I cannot meet up with the purchaser to give them the paper pass my buddy can still transfer them if need be. If they were all sent to me at the beginning of the season (see A2) I would not be able to transfer.

Hope people find this useful........

GO RU!
Yes, point number three is what I was talking about

Number two is troubling. I will be transferring tickets to six people next year, it is their tickets each year

Often someone can't make the game so they want to give it to another friend, but they won't be able to?
the original transfer each year uses that up ?

I don't fully understand your friend one and two example

I'm not sure the answer given on Question #2 is correct.

My tickets are purchased as part of a group by a friend of mine.
He has transferred all my tickets and parking passes for this season to me. I did not purchase them from RU. He transferred them to me.
I have already downloaded each of these to my Apple mobile wallet.

But...if I go into the "manage tickets" page of the SK app, and select a ticket or parking pass, it gives me the option to transfer or sell the ticket. Clicking on transfer brings up a screen to enter someone's cellphone number.
Clicking on sell brings up options to list the ticket on stubhub.

Now I have not completed either of these actions so my test is incomplete, but it certainly appears that I can still transfer or sell each of the tickets that have been transferred to me.

I assume that if I did so, then the ticket in my mobile wallet would become invalid.

Maybe someone who has an extra ticket to tomorrow's game can do a test with a friend to see if this works.

Yes, point number three is what I was talking about

Number two is troubling. I will be transferring tickets to six people next year, it is their tickets each year

Often someone can't make the game so they want to give it to another friend, but they won't be able to?
the original transfer each year uses that up ?

I don't fully understand your friend one and two example

Initial thoughts based on conversation with the ticket office they would not be able to (this may not be correct see below). In my example you would be #1 who your transferred the ticket to would be "middleman" (me in my example) or the guy that cannot make the game and #2 would be the "other friend" you are referring to.

I'm not sure the answer given on Question #2 is correct.

My tickets are purchased as part of a group by a friend of mine.
He has transferred all my tickets and parking passes for this season to me. I did not purchase them from RU. He transferred them to me.
I have already downloaded each of these to my Apple mobile wallet.

But...if I go into the "manage tickets" page of the SK app, and select a ticket or parking pass, it gives me the option to transfer or sell the ticket. Clicking on transfer brings up a screen to enter someone's cellphone number.
Clicking on sell brings up options to list the ticket on stubhub.

Now I have not completed either of these actions so my test is incomplete, but it certainly appears that I can still transfer or sell each of the tickets that have been transferred to me.

I assume that if I did so, then the ticket in my mobile wallet would become invalid.

Maybe someone who has an extra ticket to tomorrow's game can do a test with a friend to see if this works.
I have not done a test either (I do not have an extra ticket to try that with tomorrow), I am just saying what the ticket office has said to me that unless the app was updated this year, in prior versions you were not able to transfer a transferred ticket. When a ticket is transferred the ticket in your wallet becomes invalid as you stated, When a transfer occurs a new barcode id created for the ticket.

As far as I know you have to have an account with RU and the app to "manage / transfer" tickets. If you transfer to someone and they put it in their wallet they cannot send it to anyone via the wallet. So maybe if a buddy cannot make it to a game they would have to contact the person that purchased the tickets and transferred them the ticket and tell them they cannot attend and transfer the ticket to person "x".

Like I said in my post this is what the ticket rep told me I have not tried any of this yet and will transfer my stuff tomorrow. Hopefully after to morrows game somebody has the ability clarify.

Initial thoughts based on conversation with the ticket office they would not be able to (this may not be correct see below). In my example you would be #1 who your transferred the ticket to would be "middleman" (me in my example) or the guy that cannot make the game and #2 would be the "other friend" you are referring to.

I have not done a test either (I do not have an extra ticket to try that with tomorrow), I am just saying what the ticket office has said to me that unless the app was updated this year, in prior versions you were not able to transfer a transferred ticket. When a ticket is transferred the ticket in your wallet becomes invalid as you stated, When a transfer occurs a new barcode id created for the ticket.

As far as I know you have to have an account with RU and the app to "manage / transfer" tickets. If you transfer to someone and they put it in their wallet they cannot send it to anyone via the wallet. So maybe if a buddy cannot make it to a game they would have to contact the person that purchased the tickets and transferred them the ticket and tell them they cannot attend and transfer the ticket to person "x".

Like I said in my post this is what the ticket rep told me I have not tried any of this yet and will transfer my stuff tomorrow. Hopefully after to morrows game somebody has the ability clarify.
Ok
If the person I originally transfer the ticket to, transfers it back to me, then I can transfer it to a third person
I think

I think the recipient of any ticket transfer has to install the app to receive that ticket (if they don't already have the app). Then they can download it to their mobile wallet from their app. I don't think it can go directly to their mobile wallet.

Once its in their app, the transfer option is there (as I described with my own example). I cant say whether it works, but the option is there.

This may be a case where the ticket rep didn't have the correct answer.

Ok
If the person I originally transfer the ticket to, transfers it back to me, then I can transfer it to a third person
I think
I believe that is true, but they would have to have the app with a season ticket account to send it back (I am assuming). If they are just clicking the link and putting it in their wallet I do not know of a way for you to get it back.

I just transferred my parking pass to another season ticket holder and they accepted it. The pass has now been removed from my app, I am going to see if they have the ability to go into their app and transfer the pass or send it back to me.

EDIT: As @Scarlet16E indicated the season ticket holder I sent the parking pass to has received the transfer and the app is showing that he HAS the ability to transfer the parking pass I sent.

Last edited:
Reactions: wheezer
I think the recipient of any ticket transfer has to install the app to receive that ticket (if they don't already have the app). Then they can download it to their mobile wallet from their app. I don't think it can go directly to their mobile wallet.

Once its in their app, the transfer option is there (as I described with my own example). I cant say whether it works, but the option is there.

This may be a case where the ticket rep didn't have the correct answer.

I am going to meet up with friends later tonight. They do not have the app and I will transfer them their tickets, and will see if they need to have the app or can put directly into their wallet (unless somebody knows this answer). Stay tuned, I will post an update later tonight.

I have an i-phone and in the end, it's not that complicated. However, there were two major screw ups.

First, they didn't provide step by step instructions, so you had to fiddle around with it until you got it to work. It turns out it's easy, but it would have been so much easier if they just provided instructions. In the past, when logging into my account online, I logged in with my account number. The app requires an email. They could have told us this. Also, the initial sign in page that comes up doesn't work. You could get very frustrated trying to sign in there. Thanks to this thread, I went into "manage tickets" and signed in there. If it weren't for this thread, who knows how long it would have taken me.

Second, they sent out a pin number with the email. It turns out this number is completely useless. Why did they send it out? It's obviously a mistake and they could have sent out an email telling us to ignore it. It was like some kind of sick joke.

I am going to meet up with friends later tonight. They do not have the app and I will transfer them their tickets, and will see if they need to have the app or can put directly into their wallet (unless somebody knows this answer). Stay tuned, I will post an update later tonight.

I just sent tickets to people that are not season ticket holders and they were not able to just put the ticket in their wallet. The link required them to have the app and create an ID.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT