ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile Tickets ready for download!!!

Well thank God I have nothing to do tonight. Saving these tickets to the Google wallet is a royal PITA.
RU app➡️tickets ➡️manage tickets➡️open tickets➡️save one ticket➡️go back to app➡️tickets➡️manage tickets➡️view all tickets➡️open tickets➡️save next ticket➡️repeat x12 for 6 games & 2 tickets each game➡️repeat 4 extra time for tOSU game, 2 extra times for Wisconsin & 2 extra times for Maryland➡️repeat for parking pass for each game 🤦‍♀️

As @RutgersRaRa just said to me, it's not like Rutgers isn't a school with a $3 billion dollar budget with free student labor who could actually make an app that is sensible
Technology it makes everything so much easier than simply ripping a ticket out of a book. At least that's what all the Tech savvy people on here tell us anyway.

Technology it makes everything so much easier than simply ripping a ticket out of a book. At least that's what all the Tech savvy people on here tell us anyway.
Does it make it easier for every single person, every single time? No. But it's no more difficult for the vast majority of people and makes certain situations infinitely easier.

Which they do
You make it sound like they have an Option to Pay a Fee for this upfront and clear. They don't.
College football is a sport of tradition. Plenty of "old farts" as some like to call out. "OFM" Young fats are being subsidized by us old farts. Just call us Sir and Maam, Be polite, and we'll buy you a pretzel. 😀

Finally got my tickets downloaded. What a headache. I've had season tickets for 30 years and I have never signed in with my email, only my account number. I don't know what they were thinking? "Screw em. Just let them download the app and fumble around with it and let them get frustrated." or "We could make this easy, but that would require five minutes of our time, so let them waste their time."

Here's an idea. Provide step by step instructions. How hard would that have been?

Finally got my tickets downloaded. What a headache. I've had season tickets for 30 years and I have never signed in with my email, only my account number. I don't know what they were thinking? "Screw em. Just let them download the app and fumble around with it and let them get frustrated." or "We could make this easy, but that would require five minutes of our time, so let them waste their time."

Here's an idea. Provide step by step instructions. How hard would that have been?
The most recent email from Athletics seems to do just that.

Still cannot get it to work. I can log-in on the computer with no issues, the app will not let me sign-in and says invalid credentials.......Oh well.

Reactions: Leonard23
Still cannot get it to work. I can log-in on the computer with no issues, the app will not let me sign-in and says invalid credentials.......Oh well.
When I try to log in from the main page of the App, I get an error. However, if I select "tickets" in the lower right corner, I find I am logged in. Did you try that. Also, you can log in once on the tickets page. The app is definitely very buggy.

Reactions: Scarlet16E
When I try to log in from the main page of the App, I get an error. However, if I select "tickets" in the lower right corner, I find I am logged in. Did you try that. Also, you can log in once on the tickets page. The app is definitely very buggy.

Yeah tried both, main page gives me an error and today the ticket section is giving me invalid credentials. yesterday the ticket portion said I I did not access to the page. I will just have to log-in from the browser on my phone and download them that way. The app definitely blows.....

The app and evenue ticket site are very buggy. I've had numerous issues and discovered that both work better on my phone when using a cell connection rather than connected to Wi-Fi. I can't get either to work on Wi-Fi.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Yeah tried both, main page gives me an error and today the ticket section is giving me invalid credentials. yesterday the ticket portion said I I did not access to the page. I will just have to log-in from the browser on my phone and download them that way. The app definitely blows.....
See below
The app and evenue ticket site are very buggy. I've had numerous issues and discovered that both work better on my phone when using a cell connection rather than connected to Wi-Fi. I can't get either to work on Wi-Fi.
I think I cracked the code!!!
Harkening back to my RU days, and went to the ASB building on Busch campus, stood in the add/drop line for 2 hours. . . . . . . no, that's not it.

Seriously, the problem may be that the general Scarlet Knights App does not recognize your ticket credentials. I tapped on "Create a new account" in the main page. I created a new account with the same e-mail and password as my Ticket account. I am now able to log into the main account on the Scarlet Knights App.

Do I get a prize or something?

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23

See below

I think I cracked the code!!!
Harkening back to my RU days, and went to the ASB building on Busch campus, stood in the add/drop line for 2 hours. . . . . . . no, that's not it.

Seriously, the problem may be that the general Scarlet Knights App does not recognize your ticket credentials. I tapped on "Create a new account" in the main page. I created a new account with the same e-mail and password as my Ticket account. I am now able to log into the main account on the Scarlet Knights App.

Do I get a prize or something?

Ok, I finally got in. As stated previously I was getting access denied yesterday so today I cleared the cache and app data. Once I did that I was forced to enter my credentials again and was not able to log-in. What I had eventually noticed is once you put the cursor in the password field the phone thinks you are about to write a new sentence and automatically capitalizes the first letter you type. Since passwords are case sensitive this was screwing up my password I use (this does not happen in the browser). Once I got logged in I was getting a message that they are unable to load my account details, since I was on wifi I decided to turn off the wifi connection as mentioned by @Leonard23 and then my tickets loaded when using the cellular network. Hope this helps other that are having similar issues.

Ok, I finally got in. As stated previously I was getting access denied yesterday so today I cleared the cache and app data. Once I did that I was forced to enter my credentials again and was not able to log-in. What I had eventually noticed is once you put the cursor in the password field the phone thinks you are about to write a new sentence and automatically capitalizes the first letter you type. Since passwords are case sensitive this was screwing up my password I use (this does not happen in the browser). Once I got logged in I was getting a message that they are unable to load my account details, since I was on wifi I decided to turn off the wifi connection as mentioned by @Leonard23 and then my tickets loaded when using the cellular network. Hope this helps other that are having similar issues.
My password begins with a capital letter, so that was not a problem for me. Your issue seemed different. When I created my account for the overall Scarlet Knights app, which I suppose is the master account, and the tickets portion of the app being a subaccount, everything righted itself.

Typical Rutgers rollout. Reminiscent of programmer Michael Bolton

i-must-have-put-a-decimal-point-in-the-wrong-place-or-something-shit-i-always-do-that-i-always-mess-.jpg

Am i missing some step here?
I forgot my login to the overall app (on iphone)...did forgot pw and was emailed a temporary random letter pw. I used this to login but now the app has no way to change that temp pw to a permanent one for moving forward. I went onto the ticket portion of the sk website on my computer and got my login set up there and that also works within the ticket tab/area within the app. However, there seems to be no way to update the password for the overall app. I tried using the login i have for the ticket section but that doesnt work. I emailed the customer support from the app so if i see anyone else had this issue i can pass along their response.

UPDATE: This is the reply i received from the customer rep. Im semi-shocked at the ridiculousness of this but at the same time not surprised:

There is currently not a way to manually change your password in the mobile app, but the app will keep you logged in every time you open it.
We have it set up this way for your convenience, so you do not have to worry about logging into your account each time you open the app and remember a password.
With this said you should be good to go. On the off chance you get logged out again, you can go through the reset password process and log back in.

Last edited:
Am i missing some step here?
I forgot my login to the overall app (on iphone)...did forgot pw and was emailed a temporary random letter pw. I used this to login but now the app has no way to change that temp pw to a permanent one for moving forward. I went onto the ticket portion of the sk website on my computer and got my login set up there and that also works within the ticket tab/area within the app. However, there seems to be no way to update the password for the overall app. I tried using the login i have for the ticket section but that doesnt work. I emailed the customer support from the app so if i see anyone else had this issue i can pass along their response.

UPDATE: This is the reply i received from the customer rep. Im semi-shocked at the ridiculousness of this but at the same time not surprised:

There is currently not a way to manually change your password in the mobile app, but the app will keep you logged in every time you open it.
We have it set up this way for your convenience, so you do not have to worry about logging into your account each time you open the app and remember a password.
With this said you should be good to go. On the off chance you get logged out again, you can go through the reset password process and log back in.
Yeah, I've still been unable to login to the app itself. I tried logging in and creating a new login. None work for me, and each time I've tried it locks up the app so that I have to remove it from my iphone and re-download it.
I'm on an iphone 6 so I'm thinking it may not like my old ios version.

But...it doesn't really matter. As others here have said, if I skipped the app login (skip button), then go to the tickets menu (bottom-right) I was able log into my SK.com account there, and manage my tickets including downloading them to my apple mobile wallet. Also the other menu options such as "Schedule" work just fine.

Didn't get an email, have not idea how to do a mobile ticket. What is google pay?
Called and no one has returned my call.
Can you drive to the ticket office and have someone help with this?
I use my phone to make phone calls.

Didn't get an email, have not idea how to do a mobile ticket. What is google pay?
Hi-

Google Pay is an App that is on Android phones. If you have an Android phone, you have to use Google Pay. If you have an Apple Phone, you have to use their Apple Wallet.

Assuming you have an Android Phone, swipe up on your phone's home screen, and look for an Icon that looks like this, and has "G Pay" or "Google Pay" beneath the icon:

Google-Pay-hero.png

But you don't need to open Google Pay to download your tickets there. The process is automatic, once you access your tickets via the Scarlet Knights App.

1. If you do not have the Scarlet Knights App, you need to go to the Play Store App on your phone and search for Scarlet Knights. Download the App.

2. Open the Scarlet Knights App after downloading.

3. On the lower right corner of the app, tap on "tickets," and tap "Manage Tickets. This opens your ticket window,

4. You will need to log in with your e-mail address from which you receive e-mail from Scarlet Knights Athletics and your password. I had to check mine on my computer, and I used the same e-mail address and password that I use on the computer.

5. You should see all of your tickets for the upcoming season, starting with the Temple game. If you have more than one ticket, you will see a ticket icon with the number of tickets inside the ticket icon. Tap on the ticket.

6. Your tickets for that game will open. There will be a GPapy icon (that does not look like the one above) under each ticket. Tap on that icon, and your ticket will automatically go to your Google Pay App where you can retrieve it. You need to do this for each ticket in your group, including your parking pass.
The GPay icon in the ticket looks like this:

1*Far7X-rE0lv_JNRPocy9Tg.png

You will probably get more useful help here than from the Ticket Office. While I charge @koleszar $50 per ticket, I can help you for free.

You probably do not need to read it, but here is a link on how Google Pay works:

Hi-

Google Pay is an App that is on Android phones. If you have an Android phone, you have to use Google Pay. If you have an Apple Phone, you have to use their Apple Wallet.

Assuming you have an Android Phone, swipe up on your phone's home screen, and look for an Icon that looks like this, and has "G Pay" or "Google Pay" beneath the icon:

Google-Pay-hero.png

But you don't need to open Google Pay to download your tickets there. The process is automatic, once you access your tickets via the Scarlet Knights App.

1. If you do not have the Scarlet Knights App, you need to go to the Play Store App on your phone and search for Scarlet Knights. Download the App.

2. Open the Scarlet Knights App after downloading.

3. On the lower right corner of the app, tap on "tickets," and tap "Manage Tickets. This opens your ticket window,

4. You will need to log in with your e-mail address from which you receive e-mail from Scarlet Knights Athletics and your password. I had to check mine on my computer, and I used the same e-mail address and password that I use on the computer.

5. You should see all of your tickets for the upcoming season, starting with the Temple game. If you have more than one ticket, you will see a ticket icon with the number of tickets inside the ticket icon. Tap on the ticket.

6. Your tickets for that game will open. There will be a GPapy icon (that does not look like the one above) under each ticket. Tap on that icon, and your ticket will automatically go to your Google Pay App where you can retrieve it. You need to do this for each ticket in your group, including your parking pass.
The GPay icon in the ticket looks like this:

1*Far7X-rE0lv_JNRPocy9Tg.png

You will probably get more useful help here than from the Ticket Office. While I charge @koleszar $50 per ticket, I can help you for free.

You probably do not need to read it, but here is a link on how Google Pay works:

Damn the $50 bucks would be worth it. IKEA instructions are easier than that novel of gibberish.

Did you have any luck with tickets?

So glad I decided to go with real tickets. Sounds like we landed on the moon 50 years ago a lot easier than trying to access the cell phone tickets.

Next episode: Rutgers rolls out a new version of the app midway through the season with a completely different user interface, and a new set of bugs.

A lot of other schools are going this same route. Ohio State and Syracuse are a few who has done away with paper tickets. People are more likely to remember to carry their phones than paper tickets.

A lot of other schools are going this same route. Ohio State and Syracuse are a few who has done away with paper tickets. People are more likely to remember to carry their phones than paper tickets.
No, only Rutgers makes fans suffer uniquely. [roll]

However, you overlooked that Ohio State and Syracuse do not have @RutgersRaRa on their boards to remind them to put their tickets and parking pass in their glove box.

Still wondering if RaRa will be issuing reminders to us to reminder to put our phones in our glovebox the night before?

Are OSU and Syracuse fans also losing their collective minds and throwing a temper tantrum?

Reactions: Terry_2426
Couldn't have had an easier time getting the tickets on my phone and getting them to the proper people. Feel bad for people having an issue, seems like android is more difficult than Apple for some reason

Rutgers didn't write the app or build the electronic ticketing process. They have contracted with a vendor who did all that. I'm sure it's a tailored version of the same app and process being used at many other schools.

The problem seem to be a lack of instructions, and especially for people who are not smartphone savvy. The vendor really could have done a much better job of that - FAIL.

The good news is this is really a one-time issue of getting people used to the new process, and after that it has some distinct advantages (e.g. no postage and snail-mail mailing of tickets to the people in your group).

Reactions: Terry_2426
I have never, ever, brought a cell phone with me to a ballgame, concert, movie, or play. Part of the point of going to an event is to not be disturbed. Yes, I know there are people who have to keep in touch for sick parents, little children, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT