ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile Tickets ready for download!!!

I had the same exact issue with logging in. Can someone tell us if you need a seperate password for the App?

also, if you transfer tickets to someone, do they need the APP in order to receive th etickets?

the app takes you to your ticket account so your password that you use on the website should get you into the ticket section on the app (mine did)

In the past, you just needed someone's email address to transfer tickets and they had 24 hours to open the email and access the tickets. Not sure what the process will be now.
I'm still going to pay the $10 bucks just to have some backup. If Rutgers could fvck up people being allowed to bring in seat cushions they'll fvck this one up.

this is actually a pretty smart idea

You can e-mail the image of the ticket to yourself and print it from the computer. The barcode or QR code or whatever they use should be scannable on paper. But I would be sure to have the ticket on your phone too.

Damn ... that's a good idea. Thanks!

Yeah, I have it on my phone now. I just don't feel like carrying my phone around the stadium for 3 1/2 hours just for a transaction that takes 2 seconds.

This is major league bullshit

Global bs covid. Haha

I dont use google pay and neither does many old people..its a terrible policy

I knew Bac and I would eventually find something to agree on.

Yeah, I had to install Google Pay and add a screen lock to my phone -- which I never had before -- just for Google Pay to work. This is absurd.

I'm offering a special today. I'll print out your ticket for free, and @koleszar 's tickets for $20/per ticket, provided he provides me with wrestling tickets at cost. [roll]
giphy.gif

I did my ticket transfer online. It was SUPER easy! I have a total of 7 tickets and had to send 5 out + 1 PP for each game.

Was able to send all 30 tickets and 6 PPs out at once.

Really well done Rutgers!!

what I'm not sure about, because I don't use Google Pay, is how/why am I supposed to move my tickets from the app to Google Pay? Why can't I just bring the ticket up in the app &/or take a screen shot of it the way I have done in the past?
Google pay is the android version of apple wallet. They want people to download to it so the can just open it without the internet. Using the app slows entry if the local tower or stadium WiFi is overloaded on game days.

I have to raise my rates, as my ticket scalping business took a beating during the pandemic.

Also, holy smokes, the Scarlet Knights App is a Knightmare. We have 2 club seats. The App requires you to download each ticket one at a time, each club pass one at a time, and each parking pass one at a time. So, it's download a ticket, go to Google Pay, back to the app, open the ticket window, scroll down to the right tickets/club/parking pass, download again. Took close to an hour for 6 games.

Will print your tickets for $50/ticket.

I have to raise my rates, as my ticket scalping business took a beating during the pandemic.

Also, holy smokes, the Scarlet Knights App is a Knightmare. We have 2 club seats. The App requires you to download each ticket one at a time, each club pass one at a time, and each parking pass one at a time. So, it's download a ticket, go to Google Pay, back to the app, open the ticket window, scroll down to the right tickets/club/parking pass, download again. Took close to an hour for 6 games.

Will print your tickets for $50/ticket.
It's called progress so it has to be better, the younger guys on here told me so. Remember the good old days when you simply ripped tickets out of a book. What did that take? 5 mins. total for 6 games.

It's called progress. Remember the good old days when you simply ripped tickets out of a book. What did that take? 5 mins. total for 6 games.

Remember the old days when you didn't have unlimited DVR. Remember the old days when you had to wait until night time to go on the Internet bc you had one phone line.

Change is a good thing. Stagnation is how people get left behind. Adaptation.

so say you have 5 tix, how does that work, is the ticket taker going to check each person in your party or do you say I have 5 with me

It's called progress so it has to be better, the younger guys on here told me so. Remember the good old days when you simply ripped tickets out of a book. What did that take? 5 mins. total for 6 games.
Well, since I'm a clutz, I almost always tore my tickets and/or parking pass the wrong way. One time, I tore the bar codes off the bottom, showed up at the gate, and the gate attendant knew us and the kids and laughed at me and let us in. So, I'm happy with the progress.

And while @e5fdny said he "got" his tickets, I'm betting neither he nor @knightfan7 have theirs downloaded in Google Pay or Apple Wallet, and I win the prize this year.

Remember the old days when you didn't have unlimited DVR. Remember the old days when you had to wait until night time to go on the Internet bc you had one phone line.

Remember for a live, in person event you only had to wait to get in depending on the speed of the turnstile or the fingers of the ticket taker.

There is nothing wrong with the type of person who remembers this.

Last edited:
Well, since I'm a clutz, I almost always tore my tickets and/or parking pass the wrong way. One time, I tore the bar codes off the bottom, showed up at the gate, and the gate attendant knew us and the kids and laughed at me and let us in. So, I'm happy with the progress.

And while @e5fdny said he "got" his tickets, I'm betting neither he nor @knightfan7 have theirs downloaded in Google Pay or Apple Wallet, and I win the prize this year.
I do not.

checkmate. ♟

Reactions: Knight Shift

We had what was called a VCR. Also people could always get a second phone line.

Reactions: Rutgers8086
Not having real tickets saves Rutgers a boatload of money. I get that. But nobody can say this is a better or easier way to get your tickets. On top of that, I want to see you guys download your Free Rutgers magnet and lanyard through your cell phone lol.

I'm offering you a birthday special. If @koleszar ponies up $50/ticket, I'll download yours for free. Watching me struggle with the app and curse is free entertainment. Better than having a clown at your birthday party.
@MrsScrew may have been right when she said that maybe it's me.
@e5fdny don't do it. He'll probably photocopy your tickets and scalp them for a huge upcharge. Then you'll get to your seats happy as can be, till you see psu fans sitting in them.

Why cant they just email tix and they scan like what would be done at a concert

That's literally what they did. The download to the digital wallet makes it so you don't have to access the network because the tickets are downloaded to your phone, making it easier to pull up the tickets so there's not a long line. Not that hard.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
I have no need for google pay and another app on my phone to go ble up information

If you actually read something you'd learn NFC (nearfield communication) payments are safer than sticking your credit card into a terminal (credit card skimming is real). Both Apple Pay and GPay autogenerate a random CC number to mask your CC number to minimize fraud risk.

Every Apple or Android device comes with Apple Pay or GPay already downloaded so your point makes no sense.

If you don't want people to gobble up data, why are you on the internet right now? Someone is tracking your browser history through cookies.

I don't get why I can't just be given a link to an image of a ticket and print it at home. This is done all of the time with places like Ticketmaster. I've attended Broadway plays with tickets I've printed at home. Wouldn't cost Rutgers a single penny in printing costs. Just give me a damn link to something I can print at home. Why is that not possible?

As Knight Shift suggested, I could try printing the ticket as it appears in Google Pay ... but who knows if that would be accepted at the gate?

It literally takes 2 seconds to have a ticket scanned when entering the stadium. But because of that 2 seconds, I need to have my phone on me for an entire football game? I'm not on tic-toc or instagram or facebook or twitter. I don't take my phone anywhere ... ever. But now I have to. Plus now I have to enter a pin number to "unlock" my phone whenever I use it simply because Google Pay won't work otherwise.

(P.S. Get off my lawn!)

Last edited:
If you actually read something you'd learn NFC (nearfield communication) payments are safer than sticking your credit card into a terminal (credit card skimming is real). Both Apple Pay and GPay autogenerate a random CC number to mask your CC number to minimize fraud risk.

Every Apple or Android device comes with Apple Pay or GPay already downloaded so your point makes no sense.

If you don't want people to gobble up data, why are you on the internet right now? Someone is tracking your browser history through cookies.
But we already paid for these a long time ago. And probably almost the whole ticket base did not use either of those formats to pay.

The suggestion of just emailing them and storing them on our phones by ourselves seems fine to me.

Rutgersk1d, I don’t know if you need to have your personal rep. do it or if anyone can at the main office-866-445-4678. It took my rep. maybe 30 seconds to do it. Said they will be in the mail with my Season Tickets.

Reactions: RutgersK1d
Type up your complaint and put it in the mail to Rutgers.
I tried this once with Matt Colagiovanni Rutgers Senior Associate Athletics Director for Facilities, Events and Operations. Basically got back in a nice way, too bad we fvcked you and screwed you over but we're not going to lift one finger to make amends. Go Rutgers and we look forward to having you at one of our events again.

I don't get why I can't just be given a link to an image of a ticket and print it at home. This is done all of the time with places like Ticketmaster. I've attended Broadway places with tickets I've printed at home. Wouldn't cost Rutgers a single penny in printing costs. Just give me a damn link to something I can print at home. Why is that not possible?

As Knight Shift suggested, I could try printing the ticket as it appears in Google Pay ... but who knows if that would be accepted at the gate?

It literally takes 2 seconds to have a ticket scanned when entering the stadium. But because of that 2 seconds, I need to have my phone on me for an entire football game? I'm not on tic-toc or instagram or facebook or twitter. I don't take my phone anywhere ... ever. But now I have to. Plus now I have to enter a pin number to "unlock" my phone whenever I use it simply because Google Pay won't work otherwise.

(P.S. Get off my lawn!)

This

Ive been doing this livenation events

Reactions: IMARUFAN
But we already paid for these a long time ago. And probably almost the whole ticket base did not use either of those formats to pay.

The suggestion of just emailing them and storing them on our phones by ourselves seems fine to me.

You clearly havent been to a baseball game then. MLB makes you download their own app to go to games. At least with Apple Pay and GPay, every phone already has it.

You should be thankful that Rutgers isn't doing what MLB and NJTransit have done with the dynamic bar codes to prevent fraud. Screenshots not accepted for either of them. Welcome to the 21st century. Get busy living or get busy dying....

I just tried logging into my account on the website to see my tickets, and I can't get anywhere near the ticket site. Keep getting sent to the Scarlet Knights shop and get this:

JaQMyoY.png

Found this page:

All tickets will be distributed via mobile delivery, including:
- Football tickets and parking
- Men’s basketball tickets and parking
- Women’s basketball tickets
- Wrestling tickets and parking
- Men's lacrosse tickets

There will be no physical ticket books or season ticket cards for season ticket holders.
Print at Home (PDF) tickets will no longer be available.
Season ticket holders will have access to My Account 2.0 to manage their tickets beginning with the 2020 football season.

Safety
Mobile ticketing will allow for a safer gate entry with contactless scanning capabilities on iPhone and Android devices. Furthermore, transfer tickets to friends and family through mobile devices, eliminating the physical exchange of tickets.
Flexibility
Real-time changes to event dates and times are reflected immediately on digital tickets. Mobile tickets also allow guests to manage tickets from their mobile phone with My Account 2.0. That includes the seamless transfer, exchange or resell of tickets and parking via the Scarlet Knights App.
Efficiency
The streamlining of the gate entry procedure.
Ease of Use, Peace of Mind
Through My Account 2.0, you always have your tickets on you. You may download, transfer, exchange or resell your tickets at anytime. It also adds a layer of security, guarding against the production of fraudulent and counterfeit tickets.
Fiscal Responsibility

The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically impacted the global economy, and Rutgers Athletics is not immune. To continue to provide a championship-level environment for our student-athletes the elimination of cost associated with physical ticket production will allow for funds to be utilized in a manner that positively impacts our student-athlete experience.​
New this season, parking will be mobile-only. Download your parking pass to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay before arriving at your parking lot. The mobile parking pass will appear color-coded based upon your lot. Present the parking pass on your phone at entry and the parking attendant will scan. Please do not screen shot or duplicate any parking passes or tickets, barcodes that show as a duplicate scan will be prohibited from entering into the lot. Also new for this season, parking is now transferable from patron to patron through My Account 2.0.

You clearly havent been to a baseball game then. MLB makes you download their own app to go to games. At least with Apple Pay and GPay, every phone already has it.

You should be thankful that Rutgers isn't doing what MLB and NJTransit have done with the dynamic bar codes to prevent fraud. Screenshots not accepted for either of them. Welcome to the 21st century. Get busy living or get busy dying....
I went to a Devils game where I had a piece of paper I printed at home with a bar code on it that was scanned by the person at the turnstile. Easy in.

Same thing for a Capitals game in DC. Easy in too. Oh wait that was just on my phone but not Apple Wallet or Google Pay.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
I tried this once with Matt Colagiovanni Rutgers Senior Associate Athletics Director for Facilities, Events and Operations. Basically got back in a nice way, too bad we fvcked you and screwed you over but we're not going to lift one finger to make amends. Go Rutgers and we look forward to having you at one of our events again.
My post was sarcasm. Impressed that you still have a type writer or word processor. 😀

I went to a Devils game where I had a piece of paper I printed at home with a bar code on it that was scanned by the person at the turnstile. Easy in.

Same thing for a Capitals game in DC. Easy in too. Oh wait that was just on my phone but not Apple Wallet or Google Pay.

Last time I checked the Devils aren't in MLB. Stick to the subject. I gave you two examples of organizations using their own apps with dynamic bar codes. Fraud needs to be stopped.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT