ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile Tickets ready for download!!!

Last time I checked the Devils aren't in MLB. Stick to the subject. I gave you two examples of organizations using their own apps with dynamic bar codes. Fraud needs to be stopped.
I gave you one too. Two actually...one was thru the team itself, the Devils (and was even a transfer from a season ticket holder), the other other was thru Ticketmaster with the Capitals.

And the subject we happen to be talking about is ticketing to live events. Doesn't matter if it's a concert, play or game...there are other options than just Apple Wallet or Google Pay. That's the point.

I had the same exact issue with logging in. Can someone tell us if you need a seperate password for the App?

also, if you transfer tickets to someone, do they need the APP in order to receive th etickets?
Lou: the app password is the same as your account password.
Previous emails from the ticket office said the person who will rec
This is major league bullshit

Global bs covid. Haha

I dont use google pay and neither does many old people..its a terrible policy
I did my ticket transfer online. It was SUPER easy! I have a total of 7 tickets and had to send 5 out + 1 PP for each game.

Was able to send all 30 tickets and 6 PPs out at once.

Really well done Rutgers!!
Damn I had hoped someone else would bitch.

Remember the old days when you didn't have unlimited DVR. Remember the old days when you had to wait until night time to go on the Internet bc you had one phone line.

Change is a good thing. Stagnation is how people get left behind. Adaptation.
Old people provide the lion share of the money to the program, maybe they should take that into consideration.

For me, when I hit the Manage Tickets option, the app just closes. Guess I'll try again tomorrow and call my ticket rep if it doesn't work.
I hit this issue also. Messed around and finally did this and its working now.

I'm on an Android phone

Go to your phone settings
Select Apps & Notifications
Select the Scarlet Knights App
Select Storage & cache
Select Clear storage
Select OK on Delete app data? box

Go back out of settings and open up the app again. It will function like its the first time you're ever logging in.
Select Tickets
Select Manage tickets
Your tickets/parking should show up and see options to select Transfer Tickets, Sell Tickets on StubHub etc...

As usual, this app really sucks and stability seems to be an issue.

I had no problem saving each ticket/pass to my gpay. Just have to do one at a time which is annoying. Not sure what happens to a ticket in your gpay after you transfer it though. Does it know that its been transferred or does it just stay there/become invalid automatically/does it disappear automatically ... I wonder.

You can also transfer your tickets through a browser logging on to the website directly.

Old people provide the lion share of the money to the program, maybe they should take that into consideration.

If this was the case you and I both know that someone else would complain that Rutgers has archaic policies. These are the same people that need the shiny new toy and don't care to send their own kids to Rutgers.

I had the same exact issue with logging in. Can someone tell us if you need a seperate password for the App?

also, if you transfer tickets to someone, do they need the APP in order to receive th etickets?
I saw this on the sk FAQs: seems like the person receiving ticket would need the app/an account although they'd get prompted if you try and they dont already have one... if im reading that correctly.

If arriving separately, you can transfer a ticket or parking pass to each member of your party. This will allow you and your guest(s) to arrive at your own convenience. Via My Account 2.0, select the tickets you wish to transfer and enter their cell phone number. They will receive a text message instructing them to accept their tickets. They will need to log into their existing Rutgers account or simply create an account to accept their tickets. Once your guest(s) have accepted the transfer, they will be able to add the tickets to Apple Wallet or Google Pay.

I hit this issue also. Messed around and finally did this and its working now.

I'm on an Android phone

Go to your phone settings
Select Apps & Notifications
Select the Scarlet Knights App
Select Storage & cache
Select Clear storage
Select OK on Delete app data? box

Go back out of settings and open up the app again. It will function like its the first time you're ever logging in.
Select Tickets
Select Manage tickets
Your tickets/parking should show up and see options to select Transfer Tickets, Sell Tickets on StubHub etc...

As usual, this app really sucks and stability seems to be an issue.

I had no problem saving each ticket/pass to my gpay. Just have to do one at a time which is annoying. Not sure what happens to a ticket in your gpay after you transfer it though. Does it know that its been transferred or does it just stay there/become invalid automatically/does it disappear automatically ... I wonder.

You can also transfer your tickets through a browser logging on to the website directly.
That worked, thank you very much!

I saw this on the sk FAQs: seems like the person receiving ticket would need the app/an account although they'd get prompted if you try and they dont already have one... if im reading that correctly.

If arriving separately, you can transfer a ticket or parking pass to each member of your party. This will allow you and your guest(s) to arrive at your own convenience. Via My Account 2.0, select the tickets you wish to transfer and enter their cell phone number. They will receive a text message instructing them to accept their tickets. They will need to log into their existing Rutgers account or simply create an account to accept their tickets. Once your guest(s) have accepted the transfer, they will be able to add the tickets to Apple Wallet or Google Pay.

Any reason we can't just screenshot the ticket and text it to someone instead of making bthem download an app?

Reactions: bac2therac
Any reason we can't just screenshot the ticket and text it to someone instead of making bthem download an app?
As noted above, this works fine for plane tickets.
@MrsScrew - I can handle some things?

UglyGoodBoubou-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsScrew

This was coming regardless of COVID.
Heard someone talking about it a couple years ago on a podcast.
A big "concern" for arenas/teams is not knowing who is actually in the building at any given event.

By forcing the user to associate an account with each ticket admission - they have much better information on who is in the arena with each ticket.
You can't just give away/sell tickets to a stranger and then the event (and the original ticket holder) have no idea who actually used the ticket and got into the event with 10s of thousands of people.

Multiple reasons: security, emergency situation (know who may be at or not at the event) and obviously greater marketing information on attendees.

A big "concern" for arenas/teams is not knowing who is actually in the building at any given event.

By forcing the user to associate an account with each ticket admission - they have much better information on who is in the arena with each ticket.
You can't just give away/sell tickets to a stranger and then the event (and the original ticket holder) have no idea who actually used the ticket and got into the event with 10s of thousands of people.

Multiple reasons: security, emergency situation (know who may be at or not at the event) and obviously greater marketing information on attendees.
Sometimes the simplest answer…

Reactions: NickRU714

It's only until facial recognition is rolled out everywhere.
Then they will just scan your face at the entrance - cross check against the ticket database - and allow admission.

All the old people won't have to worry about carrying their phones at the event!

Terrible for our society

Then they will just scan your face at the entrance - cross check against the ticket database - and allow admission.

All the old people won't have to worry about carrying their phones at the event!

Then theyll deny you because of your political affiliation

Reactions: motorb54
Terrible for our society
C'mon man. Seriously, get with the times. You sound like a 95 year old. Know some older folks who refused to get EZ pass because they did not want anyone "tracking" them. I asked them- are you on the run from the law? There are multiple ways big tech can and probably is tracking you already.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Terrible for our society

Great for Rutgers though!

If a non-season ticket holder buys/gets tickets from someone - now Rutgers has their information on record.
Rutgers can start marketing season tickets directly to that person.
Previously, Rutgers would have no idea they should be following up with that person to turn them into a STH.

Reactions: Terry_2426

To your original point on tracking. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure someone can simply text an image of their ticket with the QR code to someone else, and that could thwart the system. We have done this frequently with airline tickets in the US and in Europe.
Will be interesting to see if a gate attendant asks someone for their name on a texted image file a ticket.

To your original point on tracking. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure someone can simply text an image of their ticket with the QR code to someone else, and that could thwart the system. We have done this frequently with airline tickets in the US and in Europe.
Will be interesting to see if a gate attendant asks someone for their name on a texted image file a ticket.

NJ Transit and Dunkin Donuts have gotten around this.
They put a moving image on the screen when you show your "ticket" or try to pay in person with your app.

If it is a picture/text then no moving image and they know it's not real.

I would assume that when you "show" your ticket they will be a spinning R or something.

They put a moving image on the screen when you show your "ticket" or try to pay in person with your app.

I would assume that when you "show" your ticket they will be a spinning R or something.

Actually, this is Rutgers. I'm not going to assume that.

As long as the ticket hasn't already been used, you probably will be able to screenshot and text.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Also, airline tickets already have a name attached to them and require ID before using.
You aren't transferring ownership.

If you tried to take a screenshot and send your airline ticket to someone else it's not going to work.

Reactions: Knight Shift

Don't see anything moving on my Google Pay downloaded tickets. Wonder if they can "modify" tickets that are in my Google Pay Account. The tickets are different from other tickets we have in our Google Pay App in that they are 2 separate screens- one with the details and an icon that says "hold to reader," however, you have to select "show code" to go to a separate screen to display the QR code.

Older fans many have issues with all of this, mainly because the Scarlet Knights App is really not a very user friendly app. Will be interesting to see how stacked up the north gate is with fans having problems with their mobile tickets.

Just got the email to download the season parking passes in the past 10 minutes.
on my account it says my parking passes were PRINTED on 7/22

how did they word the notification to you, did they mention printing at all?

for the last couple of basketball seasons where fans were allowed, they sent out a credit card size card, that had a bar code, and was good for the entire basketball season for
entrance

you also could transfer a ticket on line if necessary

I think this would have been a good option for football

Great for Rutgers though!

If a non-season ticket holder buys/gets tickets from someone - now Rutgers has their information on record.
Rutgers can start marketing season tickets directly to that person.

Previously, Rutgers would have no idea they should be following up with that person to turn them into a STH.
Again, the simplest answer…😉

That’s what this thing is really about: how to get people to spend more money. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickRU714

I'm somewhat tech savvy and always have my phone so I'm not overly concerned, although I do enjoy my routine of heeding the advice of @RutgersRaRa and making sure I have my tickets and my parking pass together and ready to go.

However,

your theory won't work when I sell my tickets because there won't be a ticket database for Joe Schmo who bought my tickets

The issue I see with all of this is that prior to this year you had a ticket in your hand for parking or the game. Now, I see people waiting until the last minute scrolling through their phone looking for the pay store or app or screenshot where the ticket is and this is what is going to hold things up as far as efficiency

I'm somewhat tech savvy and always have my phone so I'm not overly concerned, although I do enjoy my routine of heeding the advice of @RutgersRaRa and making sure I have my tickets and my parking pass together and ready to go.

However,

your theory won't work when I sell my tickets because there won't be a ticket database for Joe Schmo who bought my tickets

The issue I see with all of this is that prior to this year you had a ticket in your hand for parking or the game. Now, I see people waiting until the last minute scrolling through their phone looking for the pay store or app or screenshot where the ticket is and this is what is going to hold things up as far as efficiency
It’s a valid point.

But as someone said earlier…we’ll figure out by the second or third game.

Reactions: MrsScrew
It’s a valid point.

But as someone said earlier…we’ll figure out by the second or third game.
Waiting for the posts of people who left their phone at home and did not realize it until they got to the game. It will happen. A couple/few times per year, I forget my phone on way to work and roll without it.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
Waiting for the posts of people who left their phone at home and did not realize it until they got to the game. It will happen. A couple/few times per year, I forget my phone on way to work and roll without it.
There seems to be a remedy already in place for tickets if that were to happen.

But not sure how you handle that for parking passes.

My friend who has my tickets and parking passes on his account transferred them all to me today.
I got a text to accept the transfer, did so, and it opened my SK app and showed me the tickets. Then I selected each and added them to my apple mobile wallet (by the way that's the same place all my airline boarding passes go - it's no different).
Worked pretty well, I have to say.

One side note on this. Now that parking passes are mobile, like this, they will have to scan the code when everyone enters the lots (no more tearing the pass). Otherwise the same pass could be used over and over again.

My friend who has my tickets and parking passes on his account transferred them all to me today.
I got a text to accept the transfer, did so, and it opened my SK app and showed me the tickets. Then I selected each and added them to my apple mobile wallet (by the way that's the same place all my airline boarding passes go - it's no different).
Worked pretty well, I have to say.

One side note on this. Now that parking passes are mobile, like this, they will have to scan the code when everyone enters the lots (no more tearing the pass). Otherwise the same pass could be used over and over again.

They've been scanning phones for basketball and wrestling parking already. Will be no different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT