ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile Tickets ready for download!!!

I assume anyone who forgets their phone will be parking at the RAC and bussing over to the stadium.

At least, however, you can get your tickets at will call if you have your photo ID, I was told.

Heck ... now that I think about it ... maybe I'll go to will call and get tickets from them on game day every game just so I don't have to carry my phone around with me the entire day.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
My question is how the officers who directed traffic into the lots based on the color of the hangtag are going to do it when the tag is digital.

My prediction for the Blue Lot on September 2nd.

WA0e.gif

My question is how the officers who directed traffic into the lots based on the color of the hangtag are going to do it when the tag is digital.
Had that happen to me years ago because of glare and incompetence.

I'm somewhat tech savvy and always have my phone so I'm not overly concerned, although I do enjoy my routine of heeding the advice of @RutgersRaRa and making sure I have my tickets and my parking pass together and ready to go.

However,

your theory won't work when I sell my tickets because there won't be a ticket database for Joe Schmo who bought my tickets

The issue I see with all of this is that prior to this year you had a ticket in your hand for parking or the game. Now, I see people waiting until the last minute scrolling through their phone looking for the pay store or app or screenshot where the ticket is and this is what is going to hold things up as far as efficiency
If you send someone a screenshot of a ticket from your account, assuming they don't have difficulties with resolution or other potential scanning inefficiencies, the screenshot will work-- no database is necessary. After their ticket is scanned nobody else's screenshot of that image, if one exists, will gain them entrance, as it functions the same way a hard-copy ticket does.

Yes, before they gave fans the option of getting real tickets through the mail, they were going to allow people to show ID at the ticket windows to get real tickets and that was what folks who didn’t have their cell phones with them could do as well. So glad I won’t have to do that. I have been told the real tickets will be mailed in about nine or ten days. Will include the Free tickets for the Maryland game.

on my account it says my parking passes were PRINTED on 7/22

how did they word the notification to you, did they mention printing at all?
Nothing about printing, it was an almost identically formatted email to the one sent earlier for the season tickets, only that this one in the body of the email where it lists the 2021 season home games where you can click on each one, the heading above that said (going by memory a bit) "season parking pass purchase" instead of "season ticket purchase".

Again, this was in the two emails I received yesterday, three hours apart, not in my account. I haven't even logged into my account yet since then.

Let's hope someone has thought that through or this season will end up being a much slower process of lot entry as everyone will need to slow down more often and folks unsure of where to go will be crawling to a stop more and then have to display and wave their phone out the window to whomever is looking to direct them accordingly. Much easier for them to do when they can see the tag hanging from the windshield in the near distance.

Reactions: koleszar
The app and mobile site still aren't working on my phone, so the only way I can access my tix account on my phone is through Chrome in desktop mode. But I can't actually access it or my tix because it displays the following error message:

Use your mobile device
Sorry, this page can only be viewed on a mobile device. Try again from your phone.

Anyone else having issues?

I would try removing the app and re-installation
Thankfully, that worked today but didn't yesterday. I still don't know why the website isn't working for me. I'm also a little concerned that the app may not work when I actually need to use it.

Reactions: Scarlet16E
* Let's hope someone has thought that through or this season will end up being a much slower process of lot entry as everyone will need to slow down more often and folks unsure of where to go will be crawling to a stop more and then have to display and wave their phone out the window to whomever is looking to direct them accordingly. + Much easier for them to do when they can see the tag hanging from the windshield in the near distance.
* Me too.

+ As I said earlier, that happened to me becuse of glare an someone's (not mine) attitude.

Thankfully, that worked today but didn't yesterday. I still don't know why the website isn't working for me. I'm also a little concerned that the app may not work when I actually need to use it.
Once you add the tickets to your mobile wallet you don’t really need the app again.
So no worries.

Reactions: Leonard23
Well thank God I have nothing to do tonight. Saving these tickets to the Google wallet is a royal PITA.
RU app➡️tickets ➡️manage tickets➡️open tickets➡️save one ticket➡️go back to app➡️tickets➡️manage tickets➡️view all tickets➡️open tickets➡️save next ticket➡️repeat x12 for 6 games & 2 tickets each game➡️repeat 4 extra time for tOSU game, 2 extra times for Wisconsin & 2 extra times for Maryland➡️repeat for parking pass for each game 🤦‍♀️

As @RutgersRaRa just said to me, it's not like Rutgers isn't a school with a $3 billion dollar budget with free student labor who could actually make an app that is sensible

Last edited:
Well thank God I have nothing nto do tonight. Saving these tickets to the Google wallet is a royal PITA.
RU app➡️tickets ➡️manage tickets➡️open tickets➡️save one ticket➡️go back to app➡️tickets➡️manage tickets➡️view all tickets➡️open tickets➡️save next ticket➡️repeat x12 for 6 games & 2 tickets each game➡️repeat 4 extra time for tOSU game, 2 extra times for Wisconsin & 2 extra times for Maryland➡️repeat for parking pass for each game 🤦‍♀️

As @RutgersRaRa just said to me, it's not like Rutgers isn't a school with a $3 billion dollar budget with free student labor who could actually make an app that is sensible
^This post should be pinned.

Reactions: MrsScrew
I assume anyone who forgets their phone will be parking at the RAC and bussing over to the stadium.

At least, however, you can get your tickets at will call if you have your photo ID, I was told.

Heck ... now that I think about it ... maybe I'll go to will call and get tickets from them on game day every game just so I don't have to carry my phone around with me the entire day.
You got a cell phone so you don’t have to carry it with you?

I'm somewhat tech savvy and always have my phone so I'm not overly concerned, although I do enjoy my routine of heeding the advice of @RutgersRaRa and making sure I have my tickets and my parking pass together and ready to go.

However,

your theory won't work when I sell my tickets because there won't be a ticket database for Joe Schmo who bought my tickets

The issue I see with all of this is that prior to this year you had a ticket in your hand for parking or the game. Now, I see people waiting until the last minute scrolling through their phone looking for the pay store or app or screenshot where the ticket is and this is what is going to hold things up as far as efficiency
Depending on where you sell your tickets, as long as you’re transferring the tickets instead of just providing a picture of the barcode, there will usually be a database for Joe Schmo who bought them

This was coming regardless of COVID.
Heard someone talking about it a couple years ago on a podcast.
A big "concern" for arenas/teams is not knowing who is actually in the building at any given event.

By forcing the user to associate an account with each ticket admission - they have much better information on who is in the arena with each ticket.
You can't just give away/sell tickets to a stranger and then the event (and the original ticket holder) have no idea who actually used the ticket and got into the event with 10s of thousands of people.

Multiple reasons: security, emergency situation (know who may be at or not at the event) and obviously greater marketing information on attendees.
100% spot on. The added information is worth tons of extra money.

Horrible customer service

Here is the issue..its the ticket office jobs to do the work NOT the customer

The customer is now forced to do a bunch of things just to get the tickets

Reactions: wheezer
I hit this issue also. Messed around and finally did this and its working now.

I'm on an Android phone

Go to your phone settings
Select Apps & Notifications
Select the Scarlet Knights App
Select Storage & cache
Select Clear storage
Select OK on Delete app data? box

Go back out of settings and open up the app again. It will function like its the first time you're ever logging in.
Select Tickets
Select Manage tickets
Your tickets/parking should show up and see options to select Transfer Tickets, Sell Tickets on StubHub etc...

As usual, this app really sucks and stability seems to be an issue.

I had no problem saving each ticket/pass to my gpay. Just have to do one at a time which is annoying. Not sure what happens to a ticket in your gpay after you transfer it though. Does it know that its been transferred or does it just stay there/become invalid automatically/does it disappear automatically ... I wonder.

You can also transfer your tickets through a browser logging on to the website directly.
Thanks it worked, my rep did not know how to do this

Thank God we don't have to deal with those cumbersome printed tickets anymore!!! And it only cost me $1,200 for the privilege of using my phone instead of a ticket that cost 10 cents to print.

This is sooooo much easier:

On an Android phone

Select Storage & cache
Select Clear storage

Go back out of settings and open up the app again.
Select Tickets
Select Manage tickets
Your tickets/parking should show up and see options to select Transfer Tickets, Sell Tickets on StubHub etc...

Reactions: wheezer
Thank God we don't have to deal with those cumbersome printed tickets anymore!!! And it only cost me $1,200 for the privilege of using my phone instead of a ticket that cost 10 cents to print.

This is sooooo much easier:

On an Android phone

Select Storage & cache
Select Clear storage

Go back out of settings and open up the app again.
Select Tickets
Select Manage tickets
The tickets cost WAY more than 10 cents to print lol. Plus, printed tickets are an option anyway, so if it's that big of a deal then you can avoid the phone option regardless.

Not having real tickets saves Rutgers a boatload of money. I get that. But nobody can say this is a better or easier way to get your tickets. On top of that, I want to see you guys download your Free Rutgers magnet and lanyard through your cell phone lol.
didn't the $25 fee you paid cover that?

Reactions: rurichdog
You can e-mail the image of the ticket to yourself and print it from the computer. The barcode or QR code or whatever they use should be scannable on paper. But I would be sure to have the ticket on your phone too.
Not a bad idea for the parking pass. Print it in color and have on your dash or mirror.

Not really...

They are, you call the box office and say you want a reprint you physically go to the box office on the first game day and get them printed for the full season again.

If someone had that big of a deal with phone tickets, they aren't forced to have them. And if someone is calling now and the box office says it's too late for paper tickets, hang up the phone and reach out to your rep directly or call again next week because it's absolutely not too late for hard copy tickets.

I just tried logging into my account on the website to see my tickets, and I can't get anywhere near the ticket site. Keep getting sent to the Scarlet Knights shop and get this:

JaQMyoY.png

Found this page:

All tickets will be distributed via mobile delivery, including:
- Football tickets and parking
- Men’s basketball tickets and parking
- Women’s basketball tickets
- Wrestling tickets and parking
- Men's lacrosse tickets

There will be no physical ticket books or season ticket cards for season ticket holders.
Print at Home (PDF) tickets will no longer be available.
Season ticket holders will have access to My Account 2.0 to manage their tickets beginning with the 2020 football season.

Safety

Mobile ticketing will allow for a safer gate entry with contactless scanning capabilities on iPhone and Android devices. Furthermore, transfer tickets to friends and family through mobile devices, eliminating the physical exchange of tickets.
Flexibility
Real-time changes to event dates and times are reflected immediately on digital tickets. Mobile tickets also allow guests to manage tickets from their mobile phone with My Account 2.0. That includes the seamless transfer, exchange or resell of tickets and parking via the Scarlet Knights App.
Efficiency
The streamlining of the gate entry procedure.
Ease of Use, Peace of Mind
Through My Account 2.0, you always have your tickets on you. You may download, transfer, exchange or resell your tickets at anytime. It also adds a layer of security, guarding against the production of fraudulent and counterfeit tickets.
Fiscal Responsibility

The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically impacted the global economy, and Rutgers Athletics is not immune. To continue to provide a championship-level environment for our student-athletes the elimination of cost associated with physical ticket production will allow for funds to be utilized in a manner that positively impacts our student-athlete experience.​
New this season, parking will be mobile-only. Download your parking pass to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay before arriving at your parking lot. The mobile parking pass will appear color-coded based upon your lot. Present the parking pass on your phone at entry and the parking attendant will scan. Please do not screen shot or duplicate any parking passes or tickets, barcodes that show as a duplicate scan will be prohibited from entering into the lot. Also new for this season, parking is now transferable from patron to patron through My Account 2.0.
years ago my rep told me this was happening . WAY before Covid. Half the above is pure BS spin. No agent needs to touch my paper tix when I hold it out to be scanned. it is what it is, but just hate the BS.

They are, you call the box office and say you want a reprint * you physically go to the box office on the first game day and get them printed for the full season again.

If someone had that big of a deal with phone tickets, they aren't forced to have them. And if someone is calling now and the box office says it's too late for paper tickets, hang up the phone and reach out to your rep directly or call again next week because it's absolutely not too late for hard copy tickets.
Totally agree with you there.

No way it's "too late" at this point.

* But my understanding (from the FAQ part) with this is it's just for that particular game?

Any reason we can't just screenshot the ticket and text it to someone instead of making bthem download an app?
2 years ago when I got these for Football I did this as well as save as PDF and print them out. Both worked. I assume as long as whatever is printed can be scanned.

* But my understanding (from the FAQ part) with this is it's just for that particular game?
Not really...
The suggestion for next year us to contact the ticket office or your rep well in advance of the renewal deadline and tell them you want printed tickets
I am guessing I did it about 4 months ago
Or ask your rep how soon in advance the school has to know your intentions

my thought is the FAQ’S are dealing with more single game scenarios and just not outright saying they’d reprint the whole season. If it was my staff, I’d be telling them to just reprint the whole season on the spot if the fan is suggesting they’ll be showing up before every game anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT