ADVERTISEMENT

Mulcahy

He was losing or not closing out because he was so commited to helpside. Doesn't quite have the speed to recover. Folks busting his balls for trying to be a great teammate first.
Somebody finally convinced him to just play ball.
well, to me, the good news when I noticed this (during his "slump".. which can be more than scoring) was this it looked very different than his typical play.. and he has been back to that these last two games.. plus he shoots now.

Reactions: Scarlet83
easily the next fan favorite...kid has stepped up his play as a frosh. gonna be a factor from here on out. Wait until next year.

You a had it right when you said, “gonna be a factor from here on out.” THIS YEAR. and we need him.

Paul’s Bball IQ is through the roof. And as many have said here, his pace of learning in the top hoops conference is extremely impressive.

Have to laugh at sour grapes on NW site. Keep saying Paul would have gone there but didn’t have the grades

Getting him to apologize is like pulling teeth.
wordplay-2.jpg

Reactions: BillyC80
He is giving us good minutes. Good to know we have that when other guards have an off day. Coach should consider some zone D to help him out.

He puts down only 2 people on the team, his hate for Paul is exceded
Only by his hate for Steve P.
So what do Steve and Paul have in
Common ? Does hate Piekel
Because he recruited Paul?

I don't say this often but he's always been a pretty crappy poster. He pretty much hates everything Rutgers (which he will whiningly deny).

And I still don't believe he's not the rich the dentist who wrote that scathing op-ed in The Star-Ledger (which he also denies).

If he was awkward or had poor shooting form I would say it would be harder for him to improve. But that's not the case. He has good form and is very coordinated. I think he improves if he puts the work it.
Love the kid as a player - great vision, great passer, but I don't think his shooting form is anything to write home about. He shoots like an eight grader.

His shot looks pretty good to me.
This "shooting" thing is so weird... for most of the season he'd turn down open shots to get the ball inside... why are people criticising his shooting when..

8th in minutes per game (though that is changing)

He's 4th on the team in FG% at 56.8%

35% from 3.. for 3rd on the team

2nd in assists per game next to geo

7th in blocks

8th in FT% at 60%.. that's not good

8th worst in turnovers per game

8th in points per game

8th in rebounds per game

9th in steals per game

I don't understand the shooting criticisms

Reactions: BillyC80
Paul is the real deal. I said this a year and a half ago after seeing him play 11 times in high school. All I would read is guys saying he couldn't move well enough, he was too slow and many saying he wouldn't be in our main rotation. The guy can play and his last 2 games he has really stepped it up and is playing more than 20 minutes a game and is on the floor down the stretch. He is our future at the point. I am so happy that he is at RU. A few SHU guys posted in the fall that he was not that good and asked how long it would be before he would leave. I think they are eating their words now as are many RU posters who doubted him.

Reactions: Scarlet83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT