ADVERTISEMENT

My son just committed to the United States Naval Academy!

Does he have any idea of what he wants to do?

Is he going to the prep school first?

He is not sure what he wants to do yet. I guess they expose him to different areas (pilot, surface, submarine, marine ground, special ops, intelligence) and then he decides. He won't be going to the prep school first.

Best news I've seen on this board in awhile. Congratulations to your son & your family. A proud moment for all of you.

He is not sure what he wants to do yet. I guess they expose him to different areas (pilot, surface, submarine, marine ground, special ops, intelligence) and then he decides. He won't be going to the prep school first.

Good. A year at USNAPS is like being a Plebe twice. And nobody wants to do that. lol. The only reason I ask is because it has become Navy's way of redshirting athletes (in addition to the original purpose of bringing some kids up to speed in math and lab sciences).

It's been more than a few since I've been anything other than a visitor there, but if either of you have questions about anything let me know--especially anything to do Naval Special Warfare Command or Naval Intelligence.

Congratulations to you and your son. What an awesome trip you are all about to go on for four great years. Son is a 2013 grad. If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to email me. Anything from IDay to PPW, to Army/Navy info be glad to help. jhatski@aol.com

Thanks. I may take you up on that.

Big congrats to both you and your son! Must be a very proud moment for your family.

Congratulations and you have every reason to be very proud of your son...I also live in the Boston area ( north shore). Where did your son go to high school? My son went to St John's Prep in Danvers ( which is also Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly's alma mater).

He goes to Noble & Greenough in Dedham.

Good. A year at USNAPS is like being a Plebe twice. And nobody wants to do that. lol. The only reason I ask is because it has become Navy's way of redshirting athletes (in addition to the original purpose of bringing some kids up to speed in math and lab sciences).

It's been more than a few since I've been anything other than a visitor there, but if either of you have questions about anything let me know--especially anything to do Naval Special Warfare Command or Naval Intelligence.

Thanks. I'm sure we'll have some questions for you.

The young men and women of The Service Academies are the Cream of America's youths.God Bless them and Protect them at all times. congratulations to you and your Family.

Class of 2021. Very proud of his accomplishment, and on Veteran's Day. Now I have another school to root for. Go Navy, Beat Army!

And Go RU!

I’m very very sorry to hear that!

P.S. Just kidding and congrats!

Congrats to your son & your entire family. My nephew graduated from the Naval academy in 2008. He was a pilot and those are expected to be in the navy for at least 10 years. My wife and I visited the Naval Academy and loved it. Annapolis is a wonderful town. I have been to at least 4 Navy football games. Our nephew now works in Wash DC at what he calls the Pentagon Annex. He is also attending Georgetown in the evenings for a master's degree. He was deployed 3 times but he loves his navy experience. In less than 3 years his 10 year commitment will be up and he will have to make a decision to stay in the navy or to become a reserve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT