ADVERTISEMENT

My Thoughts on Washington

I’m not saying it’s an unwinnable game. I’m merely pointing out our depth on the lines will be tested. I’m assuming no Felter along the OL and our DL has looked like shit vs the run. And Illinois will be a tough game for us as well. Even though there’s no OSU, UM, PSU or Oregon on our schedule, there are also no gimmees in this league.
I thought Felter came back in the game.
Nebraska QB completes 80% of his thrown passes over the middle.
Shut this area down and wrap up on our tackling! Keys to victory.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I have thought about KM and SB in at the same time, but honestly it takes away what we like to do. We like to spread teams out to run the ball. In reality we would take a TE off the field to have SB on the field as an H, but I think we are worried about overworking SB. I think his foot injury is still an issue.
Yep I'm thinking only as a wrinkle. But we have seen monangai in this sort of blocking role - just on designed wimsatt runs. That part I have little doubt he could do well.

I have thought about KM and SB in at the same time, but honestly it takes away what we like to do. We like to spread teams out to run the ball. In reality we would take a TE off the field to have SB on the field as an H, but I think we are worried about overworking SB. I think his foot injury is still an issue.

KM is superb in pass blocking/blitz pickup but I' m not sure about lead blocking. Brian Leonard had the frame for it, KM doesn't

13. I expect us to get votes this week, but not crack the top 25. The Nebraska game is going to really show who we are.
Agree! We have somehow avoided losing the last two weeks and squeaked out close ones. These results are going to make the pollsters both think we were just lucky and the other teams are not that good. At best, some votes for the not top teams.
And I wonder if we could get KM and SB on the field at the same time.
I think this should be looked at. Both bring real danger for the defenses to cover and would certainly help keep them more honest not to mention open up some passing possibilities.

Being undefeated is great. Could not ask for more. But, as many have mentioned, our weaknesses are starting to show up and we need to clean up a lot of stuff too. Beating Nebraska could be the time for us to rise to the cream level.

Watch the tape again. I don't see our d line being below average. Wash was getting the ball out quick. Our lbs need to pick it up - one former stud recruit especially.

Also - Nebraskas d line has put up some good stats but I'm not seeing the o line being "very good." They've given given up 7 sacks and are ~90th in the country in rushing. And we don't even know if Illinois is all that good yet. We'll get a better idea tonight.
I thought Powell had a very good game overall but continued to show some rust. Djabome continues to progress but maybe not as fast as we need. Walker seems lost and at least one big run was because he missed a tackle. Abram Wright seemed to get more time on field towards end of game. Will he overshoot past Walker as season progresses?

Reactions: satnom
I thought Felter came back in the game.
Nebraska QB completes 80% of his thrown passes over the middle.
Shut this area down and wrap up on our tackling! Keys to victory.
Felter did come back and finished. Seems like a kid you would have to literally drag off the field even when he’s injured!

Reactions: Kbee3
Watch the tape again. I don't see our d line being below average. Wash was getting the ball out quick. Our lbs need to pick it up - one former stud recruit especially.

Also - Nebraskas d line has put up some good stats but I'm not seeing the o line being "very good." They've given given up 7 sacks and are ~90th in the country in rushing. And we don't even know if Illinois is all that good yet. We'll get a better idea tonight.
RU DT Kyonte Hamilton had 7 tackles - with 4 vs VT

LB (Djabome) was #1 tackler (10) and I like to see that instead of DBs.
Rogers and Igbinosun were #2 and #3.
Hamilton was #4th - good surprise
I didn't focus on DL yet but I'm used to small stats for DL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT