ADVERTISEMENT

National Collegiate Open, Sunday, 2/25

Scott wins in the consi-semi by TF 16-0 in 4:20.

No 3/4 match for 133 (Firestone) or 184 (Scott) for some reason.

Correnti looks like he has not bulked up at all since last year. Other than not looking hollow from sucking weight to get down to 197, he looks the same as last year. I had not seen him wrestle at all this year until today. When I saw him today I was very surprised. Yes, next year 285 could be a problem.

Any news on why Firestone did not wrestle his 3rd place match ...says it was forfeited
Here's your answer from Coach Pollard's Twitter account...

Firestone finishes the day with 5 wins and 1 loss, but can not wrestle for 3rd due to match count rule @NCOwrestling

2:00 PM - 25 Feb 2018

Meaning he and Scott lost? If so they probably wanted to head back to Jersey so they left for Home rather than hang around.

I'm wondering the same question.

He was a NCAA qualifier last year, it would be a shame if he doesn't continue to progress.
If he added pounds of muscle to his frame, I would think going back down to 197 would be a difficult task. Perhaps a mold like Jacob Kasper from Duke?

Regardless, this is a crappy situation.

Why is anyone surprised? Have you not seen him sitting matside at our matches?

I'm guessing when a wrestler red shirts, there's a chance he falls into the mind set of "my matches don't even count" and they decline or stand still, instead of improving.

Correnti looks like he has not bulked up at all since last year. Other than not looking hollow from sucking weight to get down to 197, he looks the same as last year. I had not seen him wrestle at all this year until today. When I saw him today I was very surprised. Yes, next year 285 could be a problem.

The only think I will say about this is there is still 9 months for him to bulk up or lose weight. Remember it is not just about putting on weight or dropping weight. It is doing it the right way. I think he will be OK come November 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loyal-Son
Meaning he and Scott lost? If so they probably wanted to head back to Jersey so they left for Home rather than hang around.
For a guy knowledgeable why say this ..they didn’t leave because they didn’t wanna hang around ..they didn’t wrestle because of match limits ..not cool to refer to them as not caring enough to hang around

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT