ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Day 2 Thread

I don't understand this sport at times.. that looked clear as day to me in real time.

Team Scores
Functions
Printed on 03/22/2024 03:37 p.m.

Team Scores
Penn State​
86.5​
Michigan​
50.5​
Arizona State​
44.5​
Iowa State​
42.0​
Iowa​
41.5​
Ohio State​
36.0​
Virginia Tech​
35.5​
NC State​
33.5​
Missouri​
33.0​
Oklahoma State​
33.0​
Cornell​
32.5​
Nebraska​
29.0​
Northern Iowa​
26.5​
South Dakota State​
24.0​
Stanford​
20.5​
Wisconsin​
20.0​
Lehigh​
18.5​
Minnesota​
17.5​
Air Force​
15.0​
Oregon State​
13.5​
Rutgers​
13.5​
Indiana​
13.0​
Pittsburgh​
13.0​
Columbia​
12.5​
North Carolina​
12.5​
West Virginia​
11.5​
Lock Haven​
9.5​
Navy​
9.5​
Campbell​
9.0​
Little Rock​
9.0​
Maryland​
8.5​
Pennsylvania​
8.0​
Oklahoma​
7.5​
Appalachian State​
7.0​
Binghamton​
6.5​
Bucknell​
6.5​
Army West Point​
6.0​
Rider​
6.0​
Wyoming​
5.5​
Central Michigan​
5.0​
Virginia​
5.0​
Michigan State​
4.0​
North Dakota State​
4.0​
Ohio​
4.0​
Princeton​
3.5​
Cal Poly​
3.0​
California Baptist​
3.0​
George Mason​
3.0​
Northern Colorado​
2.5​
Northwestern​
2.5​
Purdue​
2.5​
Illinois​
2.0​
Buffalo​
1.5​
Chattanooga​
1.5​
Harvard​
1.5​
Franklin and Marshall​
1.0​
Gardner-Webb​
1.0​
LIU​
1.0​
Utah Valley​
1.0​
VMI​
1.0​
Cleveland State​
0.5​
SIU Edwardsville​
0.5​
American​
0.0​
Brown​
0.0​
Clarion​
0.0​
Hofstra​
0.0​
Northern Illinois​
0.0​
The Citadel​
0.0​

We’re staring at a possibility of 3 all Americans and much of the thread is complaining. Incredible.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Expectations!!!!
We have lofty ones.
it didnt look promising with poz losing in 3rd, but he came back and changed our luck
RU is typically a very good second session team

Reactions: runrutgersrun
We’re staring at a possibility of 3 all Americans and much of the thread is complaining. Incredible.
Not surprising, but it does suck. I first got the page before I logged in and it was terrible. Only overperformance is acceptable (like B10 tourney) and then the board is quiet. Honestly if kids read this stuff, why would they want to come here? To get get criticized by a bunch of old weirdos on a chat board? This is very hard and these guys are trying to do it at the highest level.

Shawver has the easiest path to AA and beating Teske will be tough. Yara and Poz, it’s gonna be really hard Poz gets the 8 seed and Yara the 2

Not surprising, but it does suck. I first got the page before I logged in and it was terrible. Only overperformance is acceptable (like B10 tourney) and then the board is quiet. Honestly if kids read this stuff, why would they want to come here? To get get criticized by a bunch of old weirdos on a chat board? This is very hard and these guys are trying to do it at the highest level.

Rutgers season will be determined by the next 3 matches.
They have wrestled all year to come down to this.
Is that fair? Probably not, but it is what everyone measures the team by.
All Americans (Until there is a team champion)

Rutgers season will be determined by the next 3 matches.
They have wrestled all year to come down to this.
Is that fair? Probably not, but it is what everyone measures the team by.
All Americans (Until there is a team champion)
Someone that just gets it is Messenbrink.. he says the outcome doesn’t matter to him as much as how he wrestles.. he rather lose a match and wrestle great then win a match and wrestle like shit… he’s just focused on constant improvement and wrestling his match… mindset of a champion right there..

Just like how the outcome of these next 3 matches shouldn’t be the be all and end all… if you focus on constant improvement and wrestling to the best of your abilities every second then the results will take care of it self..

Someone that just gets it is Messenbrink.. he says the outcome doesn’t matter to him as much as how he wrestles.. he rather lose a match and wrestle great then win a match and wrestle like shit… he’s just focused on constant improvement and wrestling his match… mindset of a champion right there..

Just like how the outcome of these next 3 matches shouldn’t be the be all and end all… if you focus on constant improvement and wrestling to the best of your abilities every second then the results will take care of it self..
Also, having achieved only the third B1G Conference Tourney Champion is a big accomplishment and a big deal.

Wrestlers i want to see lose
1) Fix
2) Braedon Davis (PSU 125)
3) Every wrestler facing RU :)

I will remember a few more later.
Usually, i dont mind PSU wrestlers due to the fact they always give praise to a higher power.
They have been a few cocky PSU wrestlers, but many of them seem grounded.

Rocco Welsh is becoming a problem and he's only a true freshman. 2 of his 4 losses this year were to Ruth and he just beat him in OT. His other loses were close decisions (1 to 2 points) to Starocci and Griffith.
Been saying to watch out for him ever since he came on the scene for anyone that wanted to listen… the crazy part is Rocco only broke his RS bc Kharchala went down wit an inj….. Rocco got a good chance to make the finals this year…

Reactions: njsportsphan
Been saying to watch out for him ever since he came on the scene for anyone that wanted to listen… the crazy part is Rocco only broke his RS bc Kharchala went down wit an inj….. Rocco got a good chance to make the finals this year…
DOes OSU have a realistic chance to contend with PSU in a year or two?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT