ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Thread

Extremely uninspiring performance from MVB after his run at the B1Gs. He goes 0-2 with two ugly loses to average mid major opponents. Not much else to say.

Reactions: ScottRU93
At least we know who our 149 will be next year. No reason to worry about MVB taking it from Alvarez.

oh wait, I better be careful or Uncle Harley will reprimand me for having a different opinion

i have only one channel....i cant watch 6 matches......there s always next year for mvb

At least we know who our 149 will be next year. No reason to worry about MVB taking it from Alvarez.

oh wait, I better be careful or Uncle Harley will reprimand me for having a different opinion
Yeah that Harley's a real wise-ass jack o$f.

Disappointing tournament for MVB. Hate to say it, but those were the two worst matches he wrestled all year. He got away from scoring in solid positions, and tried to force moves in 50/50 spots. He has become too good to fall back on that. Nothing you can do now, but I was really hoping to see him carry out his hot streak from the Big Ten's.

Why the hard on for Howard? What’s the backstory with him other than he’s from nj.
We recruited him and he and his father basically said Rutgers is a joke. It was an unnecessary thing to say, but it really caused a few messy diapers around here.

His father has said he intends to wrestle another year. That was a crushing 4 point move as MVB was in control with riding time.
What's the point if he's going to wrestle like that in postseason. The kid really is a head case. It's a shame, because he's a very nice young man. You can't be beating guys like Kanan storr, and Griffin Parriott and losing to those other guys

What's the point if he's going to wrestle like that in postseason. The kid really is a head case. It's a shame, because he's a very nice young man. You can't be beating guys like Kanan storr, and Griffin Parriott and losing to those other guys
Inconsistency doesn’t make somebody a head case

Reactions: Leonard23
For anyone who hasnt seen the way Heil lost go check it out. I can't even imagine what the reaction here would have been if it was one of our guys. I have Heil in a pool so I was watching him too...just brutal

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
I wish MVB the best. I am sure no one is more disappointed with his performance than himself. Next year will be tough and no one knows what that brings. 149 looks good for us with Aragona/Alvarez & MVB, but one injury can change that.

I am sure MVB will evaluate the situation and then make the decision on whether to return. How is he with his degree? Is he close to a Masters?

Reactions: SCNJ
For anyone who hasnt seen the way Heil lost go check it out. I can't even imagine what the reaction here would have been if it was one of our guys. I have Heil in a pool so I was watching him too...just brutal
Is there a replay/highlight anywhere?

Right? How is using a stopwatch and going whistle to whistle not "concrete"?
Of course using a stopwatch is concrete.
Tim Shiels should be fired on the spot for that answer not allowing a stopwatch, as should all of the table and clock workers for the screw up. 1 ref even wanted to end the match but the other ref said no. Wonder if he's a Cowboy... Anyway, so many officiating mistakes in that 2OT. I thought Boo had a takedown before the :07 debacle because Heil was in the danger position for almost :05 but the refs and replay officials didn't. Then, after the clock never started the first :07, they refused to review it, listening to OKST that it wasn't reviewable, but even Tim Shiels said it was reviewable. Then, after the match ended they still refused to review it and Tim Shiels shrugged his shoulders like who cares. Disgraceful.
Is there a replay/highlight anywhere?
Go to the mat 7 replay from that session on ESPN3. Fast forward it to about 1:27ish

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT