ADVERTISEMENT

ND -3 MD

jreinsdorf

All American
Jun 28, 2006
Easy question. Who ya got? Maybe I’m a B10 homer but I cant give anyone 3 the way Wierman is playing.

Agreed. ND is obviously very good at every level but Weirman can be a great equalizer.

Anyone watch that Tufts RIT game? Talk about offense.
Yep. Son is rising junior at RIT and we were streaming it. The first half was nuts.

This is a funny weekend for me. My daughter just graduated from ND and we’ve gotten to know a lot of the ND lacrosse families. They are really a good bunch of people and a good group of young men (the ones I’ve met). I am really nervous about a hot MD team, but think NDs middie depth and the Kavanghs will get them the win.

Anyone watch that Tufts RIT game? Talk about offense.
I was there with my boys sitting amongst the Tufts fans. That first half was an awesome display of Nascar offenses. Very entertaining. I was impressed by the althetism of the offenses on both sides. Defenses were a step slow it seemed. That RIT goalie wasn't seeing anything for a long time. The heat eventually slowed down the pace.

I was there with my boys sitting amongst the Tufts fans. That first half was an awesome display of Nascar offenses. Very entertaining. I was impressed by the althetism of the offenses on both sides. Defenses were a step slow it seemed. That RIT goalie wasn't seeing anything for a long time. The heat eventually slowed down the pace.
So cool you were there. We wanted to go but just couldn’t make it work.

Reactions: mdk01
Who is the Tufts coach and OC (if they have one)? This is not the first year they've had a high powered offense

5-3 ND end of 1st after a 2 hr weather delay.

Weirman winning face off battle. Surprised Maryland is pressing pace and going for early offense. That plays right into ND’s hands. Need to extend possessions and eliminate turnovers.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Huge mistake not working the shot clock in the and not converting in the first quarter. They don’t have the horses to run and gun with ND. Going to need to be patient and try to chip away if they have any chance of getting back in this game.

Reactions: Wagram97
This is "getting taken behind the woodshed," having to drop your pants, and not getting a reach-a-round. OOOOOOF!

Looks like MD defense is asleep. ND offense is ridiculous. They employ so much motion it's really throwing MD off.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Neither goalie started well, but Entemann got hot but McNaney never did. That let ND get on a roll and end it early.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Just a terrible beatdown for a championship game. Ten goal margin, incredible. Has there ever been a more lopsided final in D1?

OK. I looked it up. Syracuse beat Loyola 21-9 in 1990, at our place, no less! And Maryland dropped a final to Princeton in 1997 and 1998 by scores of 19-7 and 15-5. 98 was at our place also.

OK. I looked it up. Syracuse beat Loyola 21-9 in 1990, at our place, no less! And Maryland dropped a final to Princeton in 1997 and 1998 by scores of 19-7 and 15-5. 98 was at our place also.

I was at '98. That championship was decided in the semis. Classic match between Princeton and Syracuse. They were clearly #1 and #2 that year, but the Baltimore Mafia arranged the seedings to assure a Southern team made the finals

Reactions: newell138
Just a terrible beatdown for a championship game. Ten goal margin, incredible. Has there ever been a more lopsided final in D1?
And could have been worse except Notre Dame took their foot off the pedal.

Good on the Terps to earn their place on Monday, but that was fugly...

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
We'll see. The portal is reduced to a trickle. 4 of the top 5 scorers gone. Goalie gone. FOGO gone. I rarely agree with Quint and Carc but I think they got it right when they said next year will be wide open

LOL I knew that would get a rise out of some guys.

Hey in the crazy world of college athletics today 2 straight National Titles is a dynasty.

We don't do much in the portal in all sports. More Grad transfers than anything else. Many of the undergrad transfer candidates claim they lose too many credits if they attempt to come to Notre Dame.

LOL I knew that would get a rise out of some guys.

Hey in the crazy world of college athletics today 2 straight National Titles is a dynasty.

We don't do much in the portal in all sports. More Grad transfers than anything else. Many of the undergrad transfer candidates claim they lose too many credits if they attempt to come to Notre Dame.

If you want to manipulate the definition to fit your facts of course they are a dynasty. But I look for more than a 2 year stretch for a dynasty. And I actually think the past three years will be seen as something of an anonmaly affecting Notre Dame, Rutgers and many others. And, Cali referred to it, without Tevlin and Fake Notre Dame doesn't win it in '23. It was legal, but not dynastic.

We'll see. The portal is reduced to a trickle. 4 of the top 5 scorers gone. Goalie gone. FOGO gone. I rarely agree with Quint and Carc but I think they got it right when they said next year will be wide open
I agree things will be wide open, but just an FYI - Chris Kavanagh and Jake Taylor are back next year on attack for ND. So is WIll Lynch at FOGO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT