ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska staff - Verduzco & Verducci

I remember Verduzco, father of Perris, "let me smoke a blunt", but who the heck's the other guy?
The son of one of NJ’s all-time best high school football coaches, Tony Verducci, who coached at Seton Hall Prep in West Orange, NJ. The brother of Sports Illustrated’s senior baseball sportswriter and FOX and MLB baseball analyst Tom Verducci as well. If the Seton Hall Prep TE Busby ends up at Nebraska, Verducci may have served one of the reasons he is on the staff — connections (opening doors, making calls) to the NJ high school football coaching establishment.
I assume we have a”Senior Offensive Analyst” who opens doors for Coach Ash in western Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLewis1968
I remember Verduzco, father of Perris, "let me smoke a blunt", but who the heck's the other guy?

Played at Seton Hall Prep in the 70's where is father was long time and very successful head coach.His Uncle Frank Veducci was also a long time NJ HS coach, most notably at Barringer where he changed HS football by filing a suit to get the suburban conferences to bring in urban schools as members. This was due to the urban schools missing out on playoffs due to low power points of their urban opponents. Also opened up the Iowa pipeline to NJ when Andre Tippet went to Iowa from Barringer.

The current Frank Verducci has coached in may places over the years.There was a contingent of NJ HS coaches pushing for him to get the Rutgers HC job after Shea. Probably best that it went to that other NJ Italian.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Jason Verduzco was an Illinois QB cut from the same cloth as Doug Flutie. A talented athlete. Not sure if one of the Verduzco’s mentioned above in this thread is Jason’s Dad.

He certainly has his way of doing things and on how he targets a QB.

Before Fall camp starts the QB’s go to his house for a full day. He has them take a 725 question test that includes football stuff he asked them to learn, character situations in general and various other topics. It is segmented our throughout the day while he cooks Italian food for them that they eat on breaks.

The players love him and he is thorough with each whether they are the starter or the 5th string walkon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT