ADVERTISEMENT

New Boom - Cali Connection

barbosa

From Flo subscription required.

See him ranked 15th at 144. Nini is ranked 17th at 138.

14-Ethan Parco (Los Gatos, CA) JR

15-Andrew Barbosa (Palm Desert, CA) JR

16-Richie Grungo (St. Augustine Prep, NJ) SR

17-Yannis Charles (St. Joseph Regional, NJ) JR

18-Julian George (Christian Brothers, NJ) SR

19-Ryan Ford (Bergen Catholic, NJ) JR

20-Matt Repos (Central Dauphin, PA) SR

Last edited:
barbosa

From Flo subscription required.

See him ranked 15th at 144. Nini is ranked 17th at 138.

14-Ethan Parco (Los Gatos, CA) JR

15-Andrew Barbosa (Palm Desert, CA) JR

16-Richie Grungo (St. Augustine Prep, NJ) SR

17-Yannis Charles (St. Joseph Regional, NJ) JR

18-Julian George (Christian Brothers, NJ) SR

19-Ryan Ford (Bergen Catholic, NJ) JR

20-Matt Repos (Central Dauphin, PA) SR
What month are you looking at Flo rankings

Not sure. I just googled him and that was what I saw. Thought it was interesting to see several NJ guys ranked near him.

Last edited:
What month are you looking at Flo rankings
The latest Flo rankings-April 11, 2023(they still have Sr's in the rankings) Barbosa is not ranked in the top 20 in his weight class. In two Class of 2024 top 150 rankings that I have seen he is not listed in the top 150.

Still very glad to get him, this is the 2nd California kid in last couple years, there is a lot of talent in Cali and a good pipeline to open up.

From reading seem had bad injuries Frosh and Soph years. Some saying late bloomer and could be a steal.

In fairness, Gayer was a true freshman. Not saying he will be a world beater but its also not like he was a top 10 guy. Lets see what happens over next year or so.
Truth is, most likely nothing will happen… unless you go into deep waters and dedicate 100% to the sport huge lvl jumps are rare..

Truth is, most likely nothing will happen… unless you go into deep waters and dedicate 100% to the sport huge lvl jumps are rare..
When I brought up Gayer, it was out of disappointment since we heard early on that he had good potential, then any talk faded away. It was at a weak weight and we needed someone to break through. I don't know that Barbosa will be any better. He lost to two unranked wrestlers at the NHSCA Nationals and did not place. His second loss was a 33-second pin to Bergen Catholic's August Hibler. I have no idea what he was given to come but do hope Goodale is using his limited funds wisely.

Reactions: KidDagger
When I brought up Gayer, it was out of disappointment since we heard early on that he had good potential, then any talk faded away. It was at a weak weight and we needed someone to break through. I don't know that Barbosa will be any better. He lost to two unranked wrestlers at the NHSCA Nationals and did not place. His second loss was a 33-second pin to Bergen Catholic's August Hibler. I have no idea what he was given to come but do hope Goodale is using his limited funds wisely.
It’s bc we tend to overhype where a wrestler is from too much.. or how many state titles he has.. when in reality, what really matters is can they hang with the elites(aka big board ranking) and/or if not yet most important attribute is good attitude and always looking to improve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT