ADVERTISEMENT

New Boom! from Goody

What was Flo's take on the transfer?
Our upper weights have changed the past year from a weakness to a strength.
Hopefully Boone takes the next step and is competitive in the B10 (Being competitive in the B10 is a huge step)

What was Flo's take on the transfer?
Our upper weights have changed the past year from a weakness to a strength.
Hopefully Boone takes the next step and is competitive in the B10 (Being competitive in the B10 is a huge step)
Unless Boone goes in a deep dark place within himself and hits an epiphany it’s hard to imagine a big improvement here.. b10 returns 6AA at hwt along w/ another 2-3 very competitive guys.. just a stacked weight.

Curious pickup on the surface but he definitely has much more offense than Janzer. He is 7-7 vs. common opponents while Janzer is 4-7. Hopefully they can push each other for the next year, so as a 6th year guy and someone who probably isn't getting any money it's a nice addition to the room. Janzer was definitely undersized and with his lack of offense, the coaches obviously felt he still needs a lot of development.

Has a bunch of wins over NQs including Beard (PSU), Buchanan (Wyo), Sloan (SDSU), Aiello (UVA), Laird (Rider), etc. Was even more successful in loses against B1G foes as well as he lost to Penola (PU) 6-4 while Janzer lost by MD 10-1 and 4-0 earlier in the season

(vs. Sloan)
This is a very impressive/dominate
Unless Boone goes in a deep dark place within himself and hits an epiphany it’s hard to imagine a big improvement here.. b10 returns 6AA at hwt along w/ another 2-3 very competitive guys.. just a stacked weight.
True, but at least he shows a pulse out there compared to CC. Boone is going to let it fly.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Our own coach said that. So either he's lying or your sources are wrong.
Where have you seen Goodale say that recently? Things change training all year kids have hard time keeping weight on. I don't throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks. My sources are spot on

Janzers last year at 184, he and the coaches were worried he would not make the weight...it was a very tuff cut. Janzer is a short 197, but he is not a small 197
He is now he's a small 197. He was having a hard time keeping weight on this year. Those are the facts I know some don't want to believe it but it's true. Janzer is not a 197 anymore

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
He is now he's a small 197. He was having a hard time keeping weight on this year. Those are the facts I know some don't want to believe it but it's true. Janzer is not a 197 anymore
Wow, surprises me, but you have a good posting history so gonna believe you. Be interesting if coaches decide to redshirt Poz or not next year.

Everything in this thread is good news for RU and for Janzer. I was obvious 197 was not the best weight for Janzer. Janzer now adds depth and options at 184. Transfer in will be solid at 197 for next year.

PS...is there any chance Janzer transfers out, or is he still all in at RU?

Reactions: LETSGORU91
He's a small 197 now because he's thinking of dropping to 184. He wasn't a small 197 during the season. I don't see Poz redshirting next year. The best wrestler will start next year at 184.
125 Shawver/Raimo
133 Rivera
141 Alvarez
149 MVB/Aragona
157 Kanniard/MVB
165 Clark/Kanniard
174 Turley
184 Poz/Janzer
197 Bulsak/Janzer
285 Boone

We could really use a transfer at 165 and let Kanniard go 157, unless Clark or someone I’m not thinking of really develops.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Everything in this thread is good news for RU and for Janzer. I was obvious 197 was not the best weight for Janzer. Janzer now adds depth and options at 184. Transfer in will be solid at 197 for next year.

PS...is there any chance Janzer transfers out, or is he still all in at RU?
Bulsak is only here for one year.. so Janzer can either win the 97 spot or drop to 84 and Poz uses a RS or ride the bench for a year.

He's a small 197 now because he's thinking of dropping to 184. He wasn't a small 197 during the season. I don't see Poz redshirting next year. The best wrestler will start next year at 184.
125 Shawver/Raimo
133 Rivera
141 Alvarez
149 MVB/Aragona
157 Kanniard/MVB
165 Clark/Kanniard
174 Turley
184 Poz/Janzer
197 Bulsak/Janzer
285 Boone
Cant believe Aguilar would be an afterthought to even start now... I remember two years ago everyone was saying “future AA” etc...

Agreed. We can't keep neglecting the 165 lb weight. Donner just isn't good enough at this level to be the starter.
I wouldn't say we're neglecting it. We've missed on recruits and the ones we brought in haven't planned out. We always knew Donner was a depth/room guy. 9.9 only goes so far.
Cant believe Aguilar would be an afterthought to even start now... I remember two years ago everyone was saying “future AA” etc...
I don't recall everyone saying he was a future AA. Instead, I recall people always worrying about his size and strength and hoping he'd grow into the weight and get stronger because he'd get in on a lot of shots but couldn't finish.

Wow, surprises me, but you have a good posting history so gonna believe you. Be interesting if coaches decide to redshirt Poz or not next year.
Poz just took 4th in the country as a true freshman and will technically be a true freshman again next year. You don’t redshirt him to make a starting spot available for both Janzer/Bulsak who are fringe NQs.

I wouldn't say we're neglecting it. We've missed on recruits and the ones we brought in haven't planned out. We always knew Donner was a depth/room guy. 9.9 only goes so far.

I don't recall everyone saying he was a future AA. Instead, I recall people always worrying about his size and strength and hoping he'd grow into the weight and get stronger because he'd get in on a lot of shots but couldn't finish.
2 years ago when Aguilar went on his heater run.. a lot of the fan base was saying he was a future AA at his improvement rate... I was still skeptical bc he was still inconsistent.. once he started losing ppl started worrying bout his size n strength..

Idk how he regressed so much this year.. maybe from that cali trip w/ Glasgow.

Poz just took 4th in the country as a true freshman and will technically be a true freshman again next year. You don’t redshirt him to make a starting spot available for both Janzer/Bulsak who are fringe NQs.
Not sure I’d consider Bulsak a fringe NQ, as he is a 4x NQ w/ a 10th and 14th seed before.. but those seeds might have been obtained bc he was in a weaker conference.. and for w.e reason he always underperformed at nationals.

The perceived gap between bulsak and janzer is small rn so we really need whoever wins this weight to make a serious run at AA.

Did grello say if he was coming back or done? If he did, could he go 165?

Poz cannot redshirt. He can seriously win the national championship next year!

Janzer cannot make 184lb. He can come close to it, but will run into situations we saw with others who are too big for their weight, battling weight more than their opponents.

Poz cannot redshirt. He can seriously win the national championship next year!

Janzer cannot make 184lb. He can come close to it, but will run into situations we saw with others who are too big for their weight, battling weight more than their opponents.
This whole discussion about Janzer dropping weight is puzzling. Poz is precisely what we want in the line-up and as competitive as anyone else in college wrestling. A redshirt makes no sense to me. Janzer dropping to 184 makes him face Poz, where he doesn't stand a chance IMO. I do think weight training and eating well will strengthen his performance at 197 and make him competitive with Bulsak. I don't see Bulsak as strong as others do but do recognize the competition at 197 is very positive. With the two new transfers plus six incoming freshmen, and Colon presumingly coming off gray, there need to be some serious cuts to make a 30 man roster.

Someone mentioned Poz might use a rs.. if he did, which seems doubtful, then Janzer can slot in at 84 for a year... or if Janzer doesn’t beat out Bulsak at 197 then Janzer will have to ride the bench for a year. Hope that makes sense.
Okay, if Poz does something that doesn't make sense, then the rest will make sense.

Okay, if Poz does something that doesn't make sense, then the rest will make sense.
I did say Poz RS was doubtful... it’s basically bulsak vs Janzer for 197... not much to make sense. If Janzer wins the spot then Bulsak’s transfer seems questionable.. so whoever wins this weight needs to go and be a AA for the sake of the other one pushing them.

I did say Poz RS was doubtful... it’s basically bulsak vs Janzer for 197... not much to make sense. If Janzer wins the spot then Bulsak’s transfer seems questionable.. so whoever wins this weight needs to go and be a AA for the sake of the other one pushing them.
Face value, Bulsak gets 197. But it all comes down to what happens in the practice room.

Did not say he would, but redshirt decisions are usually complex decisions. Brooks from PSU has 3 years left, Hidlay 3 years left, UNI kid 4 years......
How did it work out for Zain Retherford after he placed 5th as a true Frosh, then redshirted the next season.

Reactions: nikoru09
Did not say he would, but redshirt decisions are usually complex decisions. Brooks from PSU has 3 years left, Hidlay 3 years left, UNI kid 4 years......
How did it work out for Zain Retherford after he placed 5th as a true Frosh, then redshirted the next season.
I think Cael told him to redshirt because he knew Penn State wasn’t winning the team title that year anyway.

Not a concern for Rutgers.

baf.gif

Reactions: koleszar
No kidding

It’s also becoming apparent that you are probably a Penn State fan who is here on an alternate account to troll Rutgers fan.
I was just thinking the same thing after his latest Rutgers put down. Maybe not Matter as he can't hide his disdain for Rutgers(kids psychotic) but you guys are definitely onto something.

Oh and by the way, "you missed the point". Somehow someway he can never articulate his point into written word as no one ever gets it according to him.

Last edited:
If Poz doesn't red shirt, he's a freshman again next year (isn't he)? If he does redshirt, wouldn't he then lose that extra year?

No kidding

It’s also becoming apparent that you are probably a Penn State fan who is here on an alternate account to troll Rutgers fan.
Geez you guys think everyone who disagrees with you is trolling RU ...in this thread he certainly wasn’t trolling that I can see ...saying we don’t have team title aspirations next year is kinda on point ..we ain’t there yet and his saying Poz should not RS next year I agree with ..no sure Janzer won’t beat out new guy anyway so why mess with Poz at all ...Matter ?....that guy is an idiot who hates RU ...I don’t see this guy spewing hate at all ...oh NO ...AM I A TROLL NOW LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT