New Grad Transfer Pat Andree

MCKnight2004

Senior
Oct 25, 2012

Pat Andree Lehigh 6’8”

Maybe hell come home to NJ.
Great 3 point shooter think he made 10
In one game once. Not most athletic. Think
His brother was at ND so can see them as an option.

He reminds me of McQuaid from Michigan State and Cline from Purdue. But in this highlight video you can't really tell whether the kid can play D, but I do like his ability to catch and shoot. We don't have someone like that on the team yet.

Good player----good kid-----can't play here.
Saw him play vs Monmouth this year and though he had a good game - he is not a Power Conference Caliber type of player. Capable of having good spurts (he's a good outside shooter) but he's a mid major type of player or if you need him for 5-7 minutes for a Power School conference. I'd pass.

Rutgers has reached out to him, per sources.

I know he is not athletic, but if he can really be that shooting big man, he will find a spot.

Plus, Mulcahy mid season will get him plenty of open looks.

Stationary shooter who could be effective with a Rutgers offense that has improved passing and dribble drives to the basket with the option for passes into the corners for open 3 pointers. What Rutgers lacks is players that can create their own shots off the dribble ,a skill set that Andree probably lacks.

Stationary shooter who could be effective with a Rutgers offense that has improved passing and dribble drives to the basket with the option for passes into the corners for open 3 pointers. What Rutgers lacks is players that can create their own shots off the dribble ,a skill set that Andree probably lacks.

His shot would transfer to this level. I know being local would preferable for him. I think on some level he would have a back up role at maybe 10-15 mpg. Would he take that as a grad transfer?

He is not super athletic. He is a high IQ basketball player that usually burns Rutgers when they face them.

Reactions: RU-Choppin-Ohio
He reminds me of McQuaid from Michigan State and Cline from Purdue. But in this highlight video you can't really tell whether the kid can play D, but I do like his ability to catch and shoot. We don't have someone like that on the team yet.
McQuaid, despite being a tall white shooter, is also an athletic very accomplished defender. This kid ain't that.

Reactions: Scangg and TRU2RU
Every team gets open looks if they pass the ball, set picks and not dribble too much. You dont need to be super athletic to get shots off. AND , if you have a low post presence like Myles Johnson and Eugene it helps even more.

McQuaid, despite being a tall white shooter, is also an athletic very accomplished defender. This kid ain't that.
We don't know that unless we both saw him play for a game or two. The kid shoots well, but as I stated above, we can't tell from the video if he can play D well. The players I mentioned (McQuaid and Cline) are the players who resemble this kid. Personally, I would love to actually get a grad transfer of the level of McQuaid or Cline. That would be huge for our team.

McQuaid was a bad defender but got a lot better. I think our coaches can get Andree up to a passable level.

Reactions: Jawat
The role of 10-15 minutes may not allure this student athlete too much.

What will is selling how he can help his home state go to the tournament for the first time in a looong time.

I think it would be a great get for a year. Out of HS, he would likely not be an RU prospect.

The role of 10-15 minutes may not allure this student athlete too much.

What will is selling how he can help his home state go to the tournament for the first time in a looong time.

I think it would be a great get for a year. Out of HS, he would likely not be an RU prospect.

I believe he played for Geoff Billet at CBA.

Reactions: higgins3
Does Pike envision a bunch of minutes with Eugene at the 5 and being able to defend screens differently with us changing 1 to 5 like a lot of programs?

Reactions: dkostus
Not a bad list of schools that think Andree could be a contributor. Sounds like someone that could help us out next year as a stretch 4.

Please yes . He would be such a great fit for us in so many ways.
True, but he would also be a great fit for every school he listed. Oh btw, Wake Forest is one of them. Interesting that Wake and Rutgers recruit many of the same kids. Must be a playing style thing.

True, but he would also be a great fit for every school he listed. Oh btw, Wake Forest is one of them. Interesting that Wake and Rutgers recruit many of the same kids. Must be a playing style thing.

Or maybe it's just me. I went to both. Lol

I would like to take a shot with this kid. We don't need any more guards but we need shooters. He could be a big addition. We've got a lot of slashers, but no real spot up shooters. With the other scholly, I want a big guy.

Not convinced Yeboah is an upgrade over anyone we already have, and he definitely can't play the 5 in the big10, and i question whether he can play the 4. Looks like a 3 to me.

I would like to take a shot with this kid. We don't need any more guards but we need shooters. He could be a big addition. We've got a lot of slashers, but no real spot up shooters. With the other scholly, I want a big guy.

Not convinced Yeboah is an upgrade over anyone we already have, and he definitely can't play the 5 in the big10, and i question whether he can play the 4. Looks like a 3 to me.
He can easily play the 4. And listen guys its okay to land a 1 year rental whos not a program changer. People here only want 4* freshman and nba bound grad transfers

I agree. When you are filling out the roster with a grad transfer it should be with someone that fills a void. Right now, that is a Spot Up Shooter with size. Issa was that guy but he is gone.

He can easily play the 4. And listen guys its okay to land a 1 year rental whos not a program changer. People here only want 4* freshman and nba bound grad transfers

You think Andree is nba bound?

No not close. And neither is Yeboah. Like 30 college players a year go pro out of 4000+

then i don't understand your response to me?

I think they are both good players. Just think Andree is the type of player we need. We are deep at 2,3,4. Need 1 and 5 and shooters at any position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT