ADVERTISEMENT

New Offer - Hason Ward: 2019

Just watched more of his film from TOS. I really hope we get this young man. His style of game is just what we need for this year and beyond. He would not redshirt. His athleticism is needed

Isn’t their talks or whispers about the grad transfer rule being shut down or changed in the future?

There was a proposed rule that would've made teams count a grad transfer scholarship for an extra year. So like under that rule we would get Yeboah this season then have a dead scholarship for the 2020-21 season.

It was voted down.

I keep watching this kid's highlights thinking he reminds me of someone - Jammin James.
If we don’t have minutes for him we can always red shirt Ron Harper Jr.

Pike missed the opportunity last year. He can make up for the glaring mistake in 2019-2020.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
We're not redshirting one of our best players.

I really hope we can get Hason. His athleticism is really outstanding. He can block shots and beat almost everyone down the court. He reminds me somewhat of Eric Clark our center from 1994-1998.

Reactions: RutHut
Ward reminds me of Deshawn Freeman.

Better passer though. Has a shot that has more potential as well.

Playing time is already very interesting right now. Add him to the fold we may have to petition the NCAA and B1G for a waiver to play 6 on 6 in all home games.

Yeah, I’m actually thinking that we’ll see a wholesale change at times... starting 5 piss Pike off at any point, all 5 replaced and we don’t miss a beat!

Why Rutgers has been bad over the years (personnel and not in order)

1. Power forward back to the basket not a big offensive threat, especially from the perimeter (except Jack)
2. We haven't had depth. Too many default minutes
3. We have not had a lot of length
4. We haven't had good outside shooters
5. We have lacked a wing over 6'6'' who was a protoype small forward
6. Lack of a true point guard

Little by little we are taking care of this list and this guy would certainly check more of those boxes.

Georgia just went 2-16 in the SEC and they have a top 10 class with one 5 star and three 4 stars. How much you think they're getting paid?

Reactions: Loyal-Son and AD888
yeah its amazing isn't it....the magic in the name georgia ......lousy season
produces a great recruiting class...dam, i hate these freaking crooked recruiting golden name schools....oh but, they have such great recruiters
i say bullshite...they have great bags of cash...and other perks.....no brain,
no problem ,will admit you...the 3 r's are a problem, no worries. your in
can't tie your sneakers. no biggie we have people who do that for you.
plus, lets not forget that ,butt ugly bulldog is our mascot....oh, one last thing
you needn't worry about attending classes...we have people who will do that for you also....welcome aboard top ten recruiting class

Any new updates on this kid taking an official visit to RU? Clock is ticking!

H

How about Somerset,NJ Roy Hinson another great Rutgers player that wasn't highly recruited?
If I recall correctly, Roy was seen as undersized and then had a growth spurt either between his senior year in HS and freshman year at RU or while he was in his first year at RU, can't remember which. He was raw when he came in the door, but you could see the potential.

If I recall correctly, Roy was seen as undersized and then had a growth spurt either between his senior year in HS and freshman year at RU or while he was in his first year at RU, can't remember which. He was raw when he came in the door, but you could see the potential.

I played against Roy is HS, he was a sophomore and very tall already. Later worked with his mom, she was all of 6'5".

Is the June 1st date still realistic for the practice facility to open?

I played against Roy is HS, he was a sophomore and very tall already. Later worked with his mom, she was all of 6'5".
I thought he was 6-6 or 6-7 coming out of HS and grew to 6-9. Now, 6-6 or 6-7 would be pretty tall to most of us in HS! I don't think he would have been under-recruited today though. Coaches would have seen his potential during the whole AAU circuit which would have generated more offers.

Is the June 1st date still realistic for the practice facility to open?

Looking like it might be a little later. Still set for a June opening.
So nothing set in stone for a visit from this kid Rich? Is there a back up plan? This just seems like such an ideal situation for us and for Ward. You’re never guaranteed playing time anywhere but for a freshman, he has a real opportunity to play.

So nothing set in stone for a visit from this kid Rich? Is there a back up plan? This just seems like such an ideal situation for us and for Ward. You’re never guaranteed playing time anywhere but for a freshman, he has a real opportunity to play.

Nope nothing yet. He just visited VCU and they look to be the favorite.

Nope nothing yet. He just visited VCU and they look to be the favorite.

Boooooooo!

I feel about the same. VCU is not in the BIG. They are pretty good but not like they were when Smart was their coach.The kid is local I would hope he would lean toward RU.

ADVERTISEMENT