ADVERTISEMENT

New Offer - Hason Ward: 2019

H

How about Somerset,NJ Roy Hinson another great Rutgers player that wasn't highly recruited?
----
Roy flew under the radar....I have mentioned here before, that at one time, the Knightline show after games show used to have hosts that were tuned into the recruiting scene, particularly the NJ area.

a young caller to an after game show, sounded about 10 years old, called and asked if RU was interested in Hinson.....the hosts did not respect the "kid" and asked him if Roy was his brother, etc...in a mocking tone..... I would bet that these guys felt a bit foolish soon after Roy signed on and showed his skills

We know where this is going. Unless we get a legit defensive minded big man grad transfer, let’s save the ship for next year.

Why would we do that if Hason can help us a lot for 4 years? A grad transfer is only at RU for one year and then we are looking for another big man. I like Hason's skills and think he will continue to improve. We already have at least 3 scholarships next year for Omoruyi, Carter and Yeboah and kiss could be a grad transfer. The first 3 are all big men if we added a grad transfer big man we would be looking for 4 big men in the same year. That might be difficult.

I feel about the same. VCU is not in the BIG. They are pretty good but not like they were when Smart was their coach.The kid is local I would hope he would lean toward RU.

If he wants to play right away as a freshman then Rutgers isn't the right place for him.

We should be targeting a sit-out transfer or a guy like Myles Johnson who could take a redshirt year to round into shape.

Reactions: Scangg
I believe he would get about 10 mpg. With a sit out transfer you are always at risk to losing them eventually as a grad transfer. You might get a guy to sit out a year and only play one year. Kiss could transfer after 2 years playing which would be March 2020. Jacob Young could do the same in March 2020 but only have played one season. It is a crap shoot. That is my opinion and you have your own. I prefer having guys play as freshman and after 4 years get a new guy.

I wish when people make these kinds of declarations, there is a qualification that you either have inside knowledge or you're just speculating.

247 writer Andrew Slater put in a crystal ball for VCU over this past weekend....that's where the skeptics are in, along with RU being very, very late to this recruitment.

247 writer Andrew Slater put in a crystal ball for VCU over this past weekend....that's where the skeptics are in, along with RU being very, very late to this recruitment.

So the question is.....will he commit before giving Rutgers an OV and a chance?

I wish when people make these kinds of declarations, there is a qualification that you either have inside knowledge or you're just speculating.
Richard Schnyderite has previously said something along the lines of VCU being the school to beat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT