ADVERTISEMENT

New recruit....

Looks like we have a transfer from California. Went to Blair..... Withdrew before playing.... I wonder when she is enrolling..... https://twitter.com/katehill44 I can't figure out how to post the picture of CVS and Bre. Welcome Bre! https://twitter.com/BreCavanaugh

Bre supposedly withdrew (taking leave of absence) from Cal due to health issues - concussion symptoms and was, about a month ago, expected to come back to Cal, it seems. Maybe there was some home sickness to go along with the concussions. Or maybe she prefers her doctors in NJ.

http://www.dailycal.org/2015/11/09/...d-breanna-cavanaugh-to-take-leave-of-absence/

I don't know the rules but I think since she enrolled I think she has to wait as a transfer, even though she did not play?

She was ranked around 90th by the recruiting services, so not a bad get for RU.

From an article from January 2015: "Bre Cavanaugh, a Blair Academy senior girls basketball player from Allamuchy, was recruited by Rutgers, Syracuse, Kentucky, Louisville and many other top tier programs, but has chosen to enroll at the University of California at Berkely [sic]and play point guard for the Golden Bears in the high profile Pac 12 Conference."

If it is similar to the situation like a transfer the men's program just had on campus for a visit she will be eligible to play starting next season. He left his program this season without playing a game which would put his eligibility at the start of next season when he chooses his new school. My opinion if it is similar situations.

If it is similar to the situation like a transfer the men's program just had on campus for a visit she will be eligible to play starting next season. He left his program this season without playing a game which would put his eligibility at the start of next season when he chooses his new school. My opinion if it is similar situations.
Actually, you're probably correct.

This young lady has already overcome a great deal. Hope she does very,very well. Welcome to Bre.

I love it when kids like this come to Rutgers. Congrats to Breanna, congrats to Stringer, congrats to Rutgers.

Reactions: MADHAT1
That is quite a story. No kids should have to endure that kind of treatment. So glad that some good folks came along to change things.

Looking forward to seeing Breanna play for us.

Welcome to The Banks, Bre!

Do the lingering concussion issues not concern anyone else?

Welcome to The Banks, Bre!

Do the words "concussion issues" not concern anyone else?
Not really a major concern, but does give one something to worry about.
Knee injuries are the ones that concern me the most.

Based on Bre's HS grades , academic eligibility shouldn't be a concern and
I'll consider the concussion nothing to be overly concerned about.
I'm sure RU's medical staff will have any health issues covered before she even steps on the floor.
Bre Cavanaugh is a good get and I'm glad she's joining the RU WBB program.

Reactions: dmd78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT