ADVERTISEMENT

New SHI Stadium Entry Rules

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Rutgers will introduce security enhancement at all SHI Stadium gates with the implementation of a new walk-through weapons detection system. Fans are advised to arrive early to ensure a smooth entry into the stadium before kickoff. The system, familiar to spectators who have attended other events in the region, does not require individuals to empty their pockets to enter. Those attending the event are asked to follow the instructions of public safety personnel.

The bag policy from previous years remains in place, but fans with bags must enter through North Gate C, Auxiliary Gate 1, Auxiliary Gate 2 or between Gates G & H (students gate) for inspection. All other gates will not accept bags.

CASHLESS
SHI Stadium is now cashless at all merchandise and concession stands with the exception of parking lots, the ticket office and food trucks on The Rutgers Boardwalk. Cash-to-card kiosks (no fees) are available at sections 104 and 124 to convert cash to a debit card. Cards can be loaded for any value up to $500 and cards will work anywhere in the U.S. that accepts MasterCard. No cardholder information is gathered, while purchases and refunds are handled like any other credit card.

THE RED ZONE
A new Amazon Go concession stand, The Red Zone, is located on the first level near the southeast corner of SHI Stadium (behind section 127). Customers enter using a credit card or Amazon One to open an entry gate and start shopping. After shopping, walk through an exit gate and the payment system on file will charge for only what is taken out of the store.

Rutgers will introduce security enhancement at all SHI Stadium gates with the implementation of a new walk-through weapons detection system. Fans are advised to arrive early to ensure a smooth entry into the stadium before kickoff. The system, familiar to spectators who have attended other events in the region, does not require individuals to empty their pockets to enter. Those attending the event are asked to follow the instructions of public safety personnel.

The bag policy from previous years remains in place, but fans with bags must enter through North Gate C, Auxiliary Gate 1, Auxiliary Gate 2 or between Gates G & H (students gate) for inspection. All other gates will not accept bags.

CASHLESS
SHI Stadium is now cashless at all merchandise and concession stands with the exception of parking lots, the ticket office and food trucks on The Rutgers Boardwalk. Cash-to-card kiosks (no fees) are available at sections 104 and 124 to convert cash to a debit card. Cards can be loaded for any value up to $500 and cards will work anywhere in the U.S. that accepts MasterCard. No cardholder information is gathered, while purchases and refunds are handled like any other credit card.

THE RED ZONE
A new Amazon Go concession stand, The Red Zone, is located on the first level near the southeast corner of SHI Stadium (behind section 127). Customers enter using a credit card or Amazon One to open an entry gate and start shopping. After shopping, walk through an exit gate and the payment system on file will charge for only what is taken out of the store.

speaking of cash, I wonder how much of that cash from game day parking back in the day ended up in someone's pocket. No parking passes back then it was drive in, pay the guy and find a spot. Would have made a good Soprano's episode shaking down the parking lot guys

Fans can bring an entire meal into MetLife Stadium with no issue, but if someone dared trying to enter SHI Stadium with an apple, it would be immediately confiscated. sigh. Another year of stuffing water bottles, and food in my shorts and my and my shirt.
I stuffed a knockwurst in my shorts, and nobody except my wife noticed. 🥶

Awful that its cashless

Suck it up, buttercups, it is the way of the world. They have not accepted traveler's checks for a while too. Just got Nebraska's rules:

%7Be2e537e9-ccfe-4481-8eb7-922a0940a8cb%7D_WHATS_NEW-600.jpg

Reactions: Leonard23
To simplify, maybe this should read "all groups with wives and/or children must enter through North Gate C, etc".

I assume they are not accessing a credit card use fee like restaurants do since there is not a cash option inside the stadium??
Assume you can still use credit cards for purchases. The cash to card kiosk is an option for those who have cash only / no cc’s.

Reactions: Knight Shift

STADIUM ENTRY

BAG POLICY

CASHLESS

Amazon does such a great (and terrible) job of letting you spend money without noticing It. I have to point out to my wife once a year that the magic box delivery fairy isn’t free
Have noticed that their delivery drivers are back down to the large vans. During the pandemic and for a couple of years after, most of their deliveries were from private vehicles. Several of them drove off our driveway an on our lawn. We filed a couple of claims when they left ruts in the lawn, and Amazon paid what we requested without asking any questions. One guy went 4 feet oft he driveway during a storm and left 6 inch deep ruts in the lawn.

I like this alternative, as nobody will drive over my lawn.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Cashless will be hilarious when the inevitable massive hack takes place…or a carrington event ☀️

Guessing you don't manage to get out of that EMP bunker much these days. Sports and entertainment venues are all starting to trend (or have already changed to) cashless.

Suck it up, buttercups, it is the way of the world. They have not accepted traveler's checks for a while too. Just got Nebraska's rules:

%7Be2e537e9-ccfe-4481-8eb7-922a0940a8cb%7D_WHATS_NEW-600.jpg
Television timeout clock is a good idea

The key to avoiding men’s room lines and not missing game action is by accurately predicting an upcoming television timeout .
Plum knows !

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT