ADVERTISEMENT

Next Week's Game

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Will tell us a lot about this coaching staff and this team. Lots of questions-

1. Will the defense make adjustments in the game?
2. Will Flood stick with Laviano if he is not effective?
3. Will RU be able to stop the run--Saquon Barkley had a great game yesterday?
4. Will RU have Hack under pressure?

I see the upcoming game as which team will play less worse. RU has issues and stuff to clean up and so does Penn State. PSU's offense is very suspect, and they have looked very mediocre against what appears to be a good Temple Team and a not so good Buffalo team.

Besides the secondary, which we knew was going to be learning on the job, a greater concern was RU's pass rush. Seemed Falk had eternity and no pressure most of the day yesterday.

There is a good thread on BWI breaking down yesterday's PSU Buffalo game.
http://bwi.forums.rivals.com/thread...eone-please-bottom-line-the-play-today.39561/

But as I said in this week's prediction thread, never predict this week's score based on last week's results.

And PSU has a RB issue like our QB issue. Several over at BWI are stating this sentiment:

"And SaQuon Barkley is far better than Akeel Lynch, but we'll lose another 3 games before he starts."

Sound familiar?

Hack will go wild if we don't put pressure on him. Give him time and he hits his receivers. If we can not pass, we can not run against their defense. No real secret to next week game.

Reactions: Saint Puppy
Will Hack go wild? I don't know maybe. I didn't see the PSU/Buffalo game but his stat line doesn't jump out you by any means. 14-27 for 128 yards and I don't think they sacked him either. So without that pressure of Temple his stat line doesn't look that much better to me. Maybe he turns it around on our secondary but I wouldn't just assume that he goes crazy on us.

If that happens then if you don't already have trepidation about the season ahead, then I think I'd get worried. If an offense that has looked totally inept can get it going to such a level on us then things probably are going to get bleaker.

Give almost any QB time in college and they will probably be able to rip you apart all other things being pretyy equal....and of course the converse of that is true too - get pressure on almost any QB in college and bad things are going to happen. Yes, we absolutely need to get pressure on Hack next week - and based on their OL we should be able to - whether we actually do or not is another question.

Will tell us a lot about this coaching staff and this team. Lots of questions-

1. Will the defense make adjustments in the game? 99% chance they wont
2. Will Flood stick with Laviano if he is not effective? 99% chance he will
3. Will RU be able to stop the run--Saquon Barkley had a great game yesterday? 70% chance. We actually do that well usually.
4. Will RU have Hack under pressure? Yes but having pressure and bring him down are two different things.

I see the upcoming game as which team will play less worse. RU has issues and stuff to clean up and so does Penn State. PSU's offense is very suspect, and they have looked very mediocre against what appears to be a good Temple Team and a not so good Buffalo team.

Besides the secondary, which we knew was going to be learning on the job, a greater concern was RU's pass rush. Seemed Falk had eternity and no pressure most of the day yesterday.

There is a good thread on BWI breaking down yesterday's PSU Buffalo game.
http://bwi.forums.rivals.com/thread...eone-please-bottom-line-the-play-today.39561/

But as I said in this week's prediction thread, never predict this week's score based on last week's results.

Will Hack go wild? I don't know maybe. I didn't see the PSU/Buffalo game but his stat line doesn't jump out you by any means. 14-27 for 128 yards and I don't think they sacked him either. So without that pressure of Temple his stat line doesn't look that much better to me. Maybe he turns it around on our secondary but I wouldn't just assume that he goes crazy on us.

If that happens then if you don't already have trepidation about the season ahead, then I think I'd get worried. If an offense that has looked totally inept can get it going to such a level on us then things probably are going to get bleaker.
I watch some of the temple and buffalo games and he hits his targets when he has time. Why do you think some people thinks he goes to the NFL.? 5-7 seconds in the pocket is long enough.

I watch some of the temple and buffalo games and he hits his targets when he has time. Why do you think some people thinks he goes to the NFL.? 5-7 seconds in the pocket is long enough.
I know he's a NFL prospect forget about that. I'm asking how he's performing now in games. How much pressure did Buffalo get on him? I don't think he was sacked. I'm assuming he must have had time in that game or at the very least wasn't hounded like he was in the Temple game.

If he's not getting pressured much and that was his stat line, I can't say he's going to go wild on us. He could our secondary is always a risk and our lack of pressure is a problem but how much better was Buffalo's defense yesterday compared to our own? Basically, I'm asking was Buffalo's D doing anything better than our D could in that game yesterday? If not and those were his stats then they seem meh to me. He could light it up on us but I wouldn't just assume that.

In every B1G game Rutgers margin for error is small.Without a pass rush comparable to last season PSU will have a easy win.Lets also not forget how the PSU defensive line dominated the line of scrimmage which limited Rutgers running game.

I know he's a NFL prospect forget about that. I'm asking how he's performing now in games. How much pressure did Buffalo get on him? I don't think he was sacked. I'm assuming he must have had time in that game or at the very least wasn't hounded like he was in the Temple game.

If he's not getting pressured much and that was his stat line, I can't say he's going to go wild on us. He could our secondary is always a risk and our lack of pressure is a problem but how much better was Buffalo's defense yesterday compared to our own? Basically, I'm asking was Buffalo's D doing anything better than our D could in that game yesterday? If not and those were his stats then they seem meh to me. He could light it up on us but I wouldn't just assume that.
Go to ESPN GO and you can watch any game that was on yesterday for the Penn State game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT