ADVERTISEMENT

Next year

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
Based on what we are seeing, safe to say that there is not much talent on this team. Why not target some quality transfer players, with one year left, who see the possibilities with our wonder kids coming in?
There is simply no way I believe Dylan and Ace can do it all by themselves. Give them the support they need.

Reactions: BOGDANOVICH
Coach Pikiell understands he only has Bailey and Harper for one year.It better be highly successful or recruiting in future years will resemble the performance of this seasons team.Very few of the current roster should return and their replacements from the transfer portal need to be players that have the talent to score points against league opponents.

3 and D bigger guard and starting caliber 5 are two biggest needs for next season from the portal

Reactions: FMT
I think people are overestimating good transfers showing up because they get to play third and fourth fiddle to two 18 year old lottery picks. It will be all about how much we can pay a transfer, which limits our choices.

I think people are overestimating good transfers showing up because they get to play third and fourth fiddle to two 18 year old lottery picks. It will be all about how much we can pay a transfer, which limits our choices.

Disagree completely. Players want to play on the big stage with the best players. Do you think all those 5 star Duke players that go to Duke every year are worried about whether they'll be the 3rd option?

Disagree completely. Players want to play on the big stage with the best players. Do you think all those 5 star Duke players that go to Duke every year are worried about whether they'll be the 3rd option?
No they go to Duke because of the tradition, coaching, quality of development and now the NIL. We don’t have that. Some on here are like Ace and Dylan alone will bring great transfers. That I disagree with.

No they go to Duke because of the tradition, coaching, quality of development and now the NIL. We don’t have that. Some on here are like Ace and Dylan alone will bring great transfers. That I disagree with.

Aside from money, kids are most attracted to situations where they feel they have the best chance to excel.

That’s the challenge - if we’re targeting for “fit” for the second starting guard spot which we should be doing, it may have to be a mid major kid. We want / need a Markquis Nowell type, but those kids (elite ball distributors) are also usual pretty loyal to their original school (Geo and Caleb type personalities). That’s why I brought up the Davidson kid. But then there’s a risk we end up with another Noah. Even still, a high volume shooting PG is not going to work well alongside Dylan. That’s the reason I’m unsure of Simpson’s future. He’ll be a junior and he’s shown no signs of being anything but that regardless of efficiency. Davis will be a spark plug type slasher which will be a great compliment. Maybe with better surrounding players Gavin can become a sharp shooter - more situational. I struggle to picture a role that would work for Derek. He’s not going to want to be a mere role player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT