ADVERTISEMENT

Next year's starting lineup needs to be...

If Mag comes back, he's gotta be starting. 2 freshman and Gavin in the starting lineup.. Idk about that

We need a sharpshooter like Cam from the portal to balance out the team.
No, we need a real offense and not a playground shitshow with guards who don’t hunt for their own shots instead. DSelfish and JaMiss are not legit starters, even at mid major schools.

Last edited:
We don’t even know who will be on the roster. There’s going to be a minimum of 2 transfers in and 2 out
We don't know who will start until we see the final roster

Dylan JWill and Ace are locks

Cliff is a lock if he stays

Mag likely a lock as well if he stays

Will both Cliff and Mag be back? Probably not

A portal shooter could potentially start or be 6th / 7th man

Gavin possible starter. TBD how he looks by next season. If he puts on 15 lbs of muscle, watch out

Center
Ace
Gavin
Dylan
Jeremiah Williams
Worried about defense with this starting five. Need Mag in place if Gavin, but with GG the sixth man.

Would like Cliff at center. He was a terror on defense for us this year, and erased a lot of mistakes made by our perimeter defenders.

Worried about defense with this starting five. Need Mag in place if Gavin, but with GG the sixth man.

Would like Cliff at center. He was a terror on defense for us this year, and erased a lot of mistakes made by our perimeter defenders.
It's also TBD how good of defenders Dylan and Ace will be next season, especially early on. Having Cliff protecting the rim is huge

If Dylan and Ace are good defenders, which they should be capable of being...

Dylan JWill Ace Mag Cliff is a long athletic lineup that could be very good defensively and on the boards

It's also TBD how good of defenders Dylan and Ace will be next season, especially early on. Having Cliff protecting the rim is huge

If Dylan and Ace are good defenders, which they should be capable of being...

Dylan JWill Ace Mag Cliff is a long athletic lineup that could be very good defensively and on the boards
Yeah, that was my (unstated) point. Two freshmen — no matter how much potential they have on defense — plus GG is not the recipe for defensive success. We need Mag and Cliff OR similar type players to balance out the team.

We’re on the same page as usual.

No, we need a real offense and not a playground shitshow with guards who don’t hunt for their own shots instead. DSelfish and JaMiss are not legit starters, even at mid major schools.
We need both.

Anyone who thinks J William’s shouldn’t start at PG next year is nuts. The possibility of his return to play alongside Dylan changes my whole outlook on what’s possible. His vision is incredible including some of the passes that have resulted in turnovers - a stud recruit like Ace is going to field those (I don’t mean to pick on Wolf here either - he had a great game, Im just saying that with an elevated surrounding cast J Will brings tremendous value as a distributor).

We have no idea what kind of shooters we are getting in the frosh so it’s tough to say if we absolutely need a sharp shooter. We needed a distributor and found one in J Williams. Dylan needs to be a scorer - not focus on finding others.

I know you think you're being funny with your references to Simpson and Davis. Newsflash....you're not. You actually come off as maybe the biggest asshole on this board.

Be better.

Is the Ace/Davis relationship an issue for next years starting lineup?

Is there an expectation that Davis continues to start and/or get significant minutes?

I know you think you're being funny with your references to Simpson and Davis. Newsflash....you're not. You actually come off as maybe the biggest asshole on this board.

Be better.
Do you admonish those who say various players ‘suck’ ?

When you get to decide what my nicknames for others are, I’ll let you know. Until then, use the ignore feature.

Do you admonish those who say various players ‘suck’ ?

When you get to decide what my nicknames for others are, I’ll let you know. Until then, use the ignore feature.
OK Smelly69.

You do realize your "nicknames" make you sound like an ass, right? Do they make you feel better about yourself?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Eagleton96

Be better.
When I read his posts the image I get is an angry clown.

JWill can’t start for precisely that reason imo

Dude - stop. We’re not bringing in 3 new players to start alongside Ace and Dylan. Unless we fail to retain J Will on our end - he’s top priority of the guards to maintain. Period. And he’s only attempted 18 threes so far. At least 2 were before shot clock violations so I’m not sure it’s really even fair to count them with such low overall volume.

He’s also more important than keeping Mag by far.

Reactions: Scangg
Pass some over this way lol!!
I think JWill's an awesome player, and if Dylan can come in and shoot 35% from three this is all moot. But by all accounts perimeter shooting is the last part of Dylan's game to come along, and JWill has proven to be a ~25% 3PT shooter.

Pair that with Mag, Cliff, and Ace, and three-point shooting would look really rough once again imo.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
I think JWill's an awesome player, and if Dylan can come in and shoot 35% from three this is all moot. But by all accounts perimeter shooting is the last part of Dylan's game to come along, and JWill has proven to be a ~25% 3PT shooter.

Pair that with Mag, Cliff, and Ace, and three-point shooting would look really rough once again imo.
I don’t think Mag will be back. I’d be kind of surprised. Think we’re looking at J Will, Dylan and someone else (maybe a shooter?) at wing - possibly from the portal. Ace at the 4 and I’d love to keep Cliff at the 5 if he’d return.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT