ADVERTISEMENT

Next year's starting lineup needs to be...

I'm with what scangg posted earlier in this thread.

Guards: Williams, Harper, and hopefully a portal G with high 3Pt% ability. I only see room/minutes for one of Davis and Simpson, and think Davis is more likely than Simpson to accept a 4th G role next year.

Wings: Ace, Gavin... Grant and Dortch cannot be counted on yet as worthy of minutes. Add either Mag staying, or look for a portal F with range.

C: Cliff if he wants in... Lathan will get some minutes. The other backup 5 is a question for sure. Ogbole? Wolf? If Cliff leaves, portal target #3 is a C that can get 25 minutes at a B1G level.

Scholarship #13 for Oskar seems perfect for all the reasons stated above.

• Love
Reactions: Scangg
Conifer, I would love to have Gavin as that guy, but as of now he's too inconsistent. I think Pikiell needs to go into the portal a pluck someone like what we had last year in Cam Spencer.
I still feel like he will come around as a shooter. We all know he can do it. Plus, at least when he played vs. Maryland last time, he was tough to get a shot past.

I know less than all of you about it, but I think he can play and will be much better next year...

ETA: but yeah, I definitely would expect your coach to go out and get a lockdown shooter from the portal no matter what...

Last edited:
Reactions: RU MAN
I still feel like he will come around as a shooter. We all know he can do it. Plus, at least when he played vs. Maryland last time, he was tough to get a shot past.

I know less than all of you about it, but I think he can play and will be much better next year...

ETA: but yeah, I definitely would expect your coach to go out and get a lockdown shooter from the portal no matter what...
Ha, the kid filled up the box score last night. I'm not very smart at basketball (or much else), so I came back to gloat...

24 minutes
14 points
3 rebounds
2 assists
1 steal
1 block

Reactions: socaldave
We don't know who will start until we see the final roster

Dylan JWill and Ace are locks

Cliff is a lock if he stays

Mag likely a lock as well if he stays

Will both Cliff and Mag be back? Probably not

A portal shooter could potentially start or be 6th / 7th man

Gavin possible starter. TBD how he looks by next season. If he puts on 15 lbs of muscle, watch out

^^^ This.

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT