ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Surcharge on all BB and FB TICKETS?

beaced

Hall of Famer
Jul 18, 2004
sunrise fl
Would it be possible/feasible to add a surcharge on to ALL TICKETS.? FIVE or TEN BUCKS PER Game?40,000 Butts could bring in two hundred to four hundred thousand Bucks per FB home games alone.

Rutgers can't pay NIL money directly to the students, so I don't know how that would work.

Rutgers can't pay NIL money directly to the students, so I don't know how that would work.

Correct.

But what Rutgers could do is remove the existing “donation requirement” they already charge and recommend moving those donations to TKR or some other collective.

Isn’t our media revenue about to double to over $100m?
Does the AD really still need to shake down fans?

People are already donating to pay for student sleep pods, free sneakers and merch and private flights to BIG Media Day.

P.S. Not every donation to the AD only goes to “facilities that benefit thousands of future athletes” like some keep saying.

Reactions: RUBlackout
Correct.

But what Rutgers could do is remove the existing “donation requirement” they already charge and recommend moving those donations to TKR or some other collective.

That won't work as Rutgers can't establish the donation amount for the NIL and use it for priority points.

Reactions: bac2therac
PSL's for all Rutgers events! Very possible, I think it would do wonders for attendance!

We need the money, but there should be a better way.

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

People are already donating to pay for student sleep pods, free sneakers and merch and private flights to BIG Media Day.

P.S. Not every donation to the AD only goes to “facilities that benefit thousands of future athletes” like some keep saying.
Wrong.

The season ticket seat contributions fund athletic scholarships. Exclusively. Many other donations go to other very specific purposes, not sleep pods, sneakers, flights.

Correct.

Someone should ask him next time they see him. And "shake down" is the wrong euphemism to use here. I know what a euphemism is. But it is purposefully inflammatory.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Any non Rutgers company can give deals to and sponsor players, but the the colleges themselves can not.

Once Rutgers gets better and start going to bowl games every year there will be more sponsors willing to pay and we will be able to get the 4 star players which will make us even better which will attractive bigger sponsors which will allow us to get 5 star players, which will allow us to get even better, which will attractive even bigger sponsors.

You get the idea.

Honest question I don't know the answer to ... can Rutgers donate to the NIL Collectives? If they wanted to, what would stop them from making a $5 million annual donation to the KTR collective?

Or simply having some portion of the B1G media rights diverted to a third-party NIL organization

I swear and promise to patronize any business that gives a legitimate NIL contract to an RU student athlete!

I’ll do my food shopping there
I’ll buy my car there
I’ll use them for storage
etc. etc. etc.

No matter what, it is legal now! They still say you can't use perks like 💰 to recruit. Well they really have come down hard on the Aggies and others. This is a free for all, you are safe unless you irk the wrong blueblood!

Great for the future of college sports, 😆.

I’m thinking we have posters sponsor players.

Can you imagine @bac2therac on Gavin’s helmet? 😂😂

There might be something to this. Obviously hitching you wagon to a high value poster could get you much coveted preferential positive treatment on social media but alot of likes as well. Imagine being immune from criticism

Reactions: TM94goRU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT