ADVERTISEMENT

NJ HS football starts this Friday. Week Zero.

RUfinally2008

All American
Aug 20, 2005
Every team plays 9 games before playoffs or consolation matches. The week zero games can be used in place of any other week if it helps you get enough power points to qualify
The entire Shore Conference team pages,schedules and travel directions are in a great free magazine you can get at any Jersey Mike's subs or online. Look for Shore Sports Network https://shoresportsnetwork.com/category/football/

Last edited:
Don Bosco opens this Friday night at home vs. archbishop. Should be a fun game! Starving for any football right bow

Reactions: RUfinally2008
My son and I went to the Freehold Twp vs Manalapan game last night. Manalapan smoked them 31-7. Manalapan has a kicker,Michael Calton a D1 kicker for sure. As a punter, booming high spirals 40 + yards. As a FG kicker, the elevation from the spot was amazing with a leg that could hit from 50. Every kick off was into the endzone and not returned. The last time I saw a leg like that at a HS game was in the early 80's when I saw Greg Montgomery kick for Red Bank Regional. Pretty sure he played around 10 years in the NFL.

Reactions: ScarletDave
In national games of interest, Mater Dei staged a major comeback to beat Bishop Gorman by a late field goal at BG. #1 Bosco went into a Texas and crushed Allen. IMG lost their home opener and second consecutive loss going back to last season. In NJ, Don Bosco won easily. BC opens season today.

My son and I went to the Freehold Twp vs Manalapan game last night. Manalapan smoked them 31-7. Manalapan has a kicker,Michael Calton a D1 kicker for sure. As a punter, booming high spirals 40 + yards. As a FG kicker, the elevation from the spot was amazing with a leg that could hit from 50. Every kick off was into the endzone and not returned. The last time I saw a leg like that at a HS game was in the early 80's when I saw Greg Montgomery kick for Red Bank Regional. Pretty sure he played around 10 years in the NFL.

Was surprised to see Manalapan down from Group 5 to Group 4. Playing in week 0 to get 9 games in before power points cutoff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT