ADVERTISEMENT

No. 1 Rutgers Field Hockey to Play No. 9 Liberty Sunday 1pm

And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have people who I guarantee watched MAYBE the last 3 games the team played, telling their coach what she should have done in an Elite 8 game in its final quarter.
Why? Because that's what know-it-all Rutgers fans do, no matter how lacking in expertise they are. It's the Dunning-Kruger effect at its very worst.
It’s called sports talk.
I love it

Absolutely gutted for the team. Tough way to lose after a remarkable season. Nothing to hang their heads about though, like any competitors, I’m sure they will for a day.

I’ll be curious to see how the team starts next season after losing arguably the best goalie in the country in Glatz.

It’s called sports talk.
I love it
Mr. Self Bump knows nothing about field hockey as he thinks he can apply a concept from football to what he saw for the first time at a high level over the last month. It's called chest-thumping b.s.
But you go ahead and keeping enjoying his bogus posts in this specific forum. This coach that has followed f.h. for years is going to pass. 👍

Reactions: Rutgers56
Mr. Self Bump knows nothing about field hockey as he thinks he can apply a concept from football to what he saw for the first time at a high level over the last month. It's called chest-thumping b.s.
But you go ahead and keeping enjoying his bogus posts in this specific forum. This coach that has followed f.h. for years is going to pass. 👍
Never read his post, don’t know who he is .
I admittedly know nothing about field hockey other than the obvious, was curious how the second shooter in shoot out was a freshman with 0 goals on the season.
Is that a legit question?

Reactions: newell138
Never read his post, don’t know who he is .
I admittedly know nothing about field hockey other than the obvious, was curious how the second shooter in shoot out was a freshman with 0 goals on the season.
Is that a legit question?
Sure. I wondered about that too.
Go back and read his angry "Rutgers always fails" and "they shouldn't have gone into defensive mode" (which they didn't) and then notice how he bumped it multiple times. Lame as hell.

Laid an egg a home. Take away 5 minutes and they were dominated by not being aggressive
And UM bit the dust to Harvard …
PSU 0-1 (Syracuse)
RU 1-1 (Liberty)
UM 1-1 (Harvard)
Iowa 1-1 (NW)
NW 2-0
UMD 2-0

PSU 0-1 (Syracuse)
RU 1-1 (Liberty)
UM 1-1 (Harvard)
Iowa 1-1 (NW)
NW 2-0
UMD 2-0

Shocking
Just checked - they lost in a shootout after a scoreless tie.

So it could be Liberty vs Harvard in the final.

But hoping it is NW defeating MD
(Or maybe NW beating Liberty)

I don’t know anything about FH, but some of these games seem like a crapshoot.
When they are so low scoring, 1 deflection often seems to make the difference in the outcome.

Last edited:
Shocking
Just checked - they lost in a shootout after a scoreless tie.

So it could be Liberty vs Harvard in the final.

But hoping it is NW defeating MD
(Or maybe NW beating Liberty)

I don’t know anything about FH, but some of these games seem like a crapshoot.
When they are so low scoring, 1 deflection often seems to make the difference in the outcome.

That's how I look at it. The top teams seem so close, it's almost random who beats each other up to this point. But no matter what, Rutgers hoisted field hockey hardware this year (B1G title). Other teams in the league, like my Terrapins, still have no guarantee of that. So still a great season...

PSU 0-1 (Syracuse)
RU 1-1 (Liberty)
UM 1-1 (Harvard)
Iowa 1-1 (NW)
NW 2-0
UMD 2-0
Let me correct myself girls played great just did not like the strategy. Coach played not to lose instead of playing to win. They almost lost to U Mich same exact way. You cannot be afraid to win. Pike did the same exact thing against Houston in NCAA's last year

I dont mean to insinuate the girls laid an egg...worded way incorrectly. Could they still have lost....yes but would have at least liked to see them play something on the other side of midfield., there was no attempt. They kept setting themselves up for failure passing the ball back instead of forward. They got lucky they made it to about the 3:30 mark doing so.

Let me correct myself girls played great just did not like the strategy. Coach played not to lose instead of playing to win. They almost lost to U Mich same exact way. You cannot be afraid to win. Pike did the same exact thing against Houston in NCAA's last year

I dont mean to insinuate the girls laid an egg...worded way incorrectly. Could they still have lost....yes but would have at least liked to see them play something on the other side of midfield., there was no attempt. They kept setting themselves up for failure passing the ball back instead of forward. They got lucky they made it to about the 3:30 mark doing so.
Played that way all year. They had a great defense & leaned on it a bit.

Played that way all year. They had a great defense & leaned on it a bit.
What do you think about having 2 Frosh taking penalties like that? I realize - like other sports - you know who can TYPICALLY do this BUT....under that kind of pressure...playing for the Final 4?? Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the girls, but what was coach thinking here?

What do you think about having 2 Frosh taking penalties like that? I realize - like other sports - you know who can TYPICALLY do this BUT....under that kind of pressure...playing for the Final 4?? Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the girls, but what was coach thinking here?

It doesn't matter who they are. You have to put your best 5 to shoot. In the shootout it's different than playing the full field. The 1v1 is about who can finish the best. Your best finishers are not always your most experienced or most talented players. No issue with coach decision here. The future is bright.

This was a 500 program when these 6 super seniors arrived and they've elevated to a national title contender. Heck they've gained a lot of new fans this past season. I remember going to games even before Civico was hired and we knew 90% of the crowd on a first name basis. The 6 super seniors and regular seniors should hold their heads high knowing the program is in a better place than they found it.

It doesn't matter who they are. You have to put your best 5 to shoot. In the shootout it's different than playing the full field. The 1v1 is about who can finish the best. Your best finishers are not always your most experienced or most talented players. No issue with coach decision here. The future is bright.

This was a 500 program when these 6 super seniors arrived and they've elevated to a national title contender. Heck they've gained a lot of new fans this past season. I remember going to games even before Civico was hired and we knew 90% of the crowd on a first name basis. The 6 super seniors and regular seniors should hold their heads high knowing the program is in a better place than they found it.
I get it..I do...just wondering in that kind of high-pressure situation were the 2 frosh READY? I mean they did both miss so I think the question has to be asked? Regardless, agree, what she has done is simply AMAZING and all KUDOS out to her, the staff and the team, for this past season! No doubt!

Funny thing...some here wanted her gone just a few ears ago...and I'm sure Hobbs has his concerns BUT made the right call her, got her whatever it was she needed, and BOOM!

The corner near the end of overtime #2 was deflected into the side of the net.
A foot to the right and they are on their way to Michigan and the final four,
Hope that young woman isn't haunted by that near miss her entire life.

The corner near the end of overtime #2 was deflected into the side of the net.
A foot to the right and they are on their way to Michigan and the final four,
Hope that young woman isn't haunted by that near miss her entire life.

I talked to one of the players mom's about that this morning. Really felt bad for her seeing that live. When you're at this level you want to win so bad and to come up just short hurts.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Liberty 3, Maryland 2, final in double OT. Wow. They scored on a breakaway with 93 seconds left in the OT period.

Harvard and Northwestern tied at 1 in the 2nd quarter.

Reactions: RUonBrain
RU getting closer to an eventual Final 4 … Lacrosse had a lead vs UNC with 3:54 left … FH had a lead until 3:31 left … took awhile to get to an Elite 8 … only a matter of time until someone punches it in! Maybe WSoccer?

Reactions: runrutgersrun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT