ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Heads to Detroit for 2022 NCAA Championships / Tournament Thread

Dammit. Missed it. I went to Mat two on ESPNplus but it wasn’t there.

Freakin awesome!! First time all tournament my heart was pounding. Watching for the 30 or so seconds before Greg's reversal. My eyes were glued to the laces on his left(?) shoe slowly slipping out of Deprez's grip. Simply awesome! Congrats Greg! More to go though!!!

Not sure. I thought for sure he was going to give up 2 a few times that match. Excellent defense by him.
I thought he was dead meat 2 or 3 times and then he hits that switch at the perfect time to break the takedown attempt. It seems to throw everybody off.

Bulsak and DePrez looked like mirror images of each other out there. Same build, same demeanor and wrestling style. Looked like Buksak's leg was going to snap in third when he was trying to get that reversal, Awesome win.

Yeah that wasn’t a good look for Yianni. You can be pissed at yourself for not wrestling well but you don’t have to shit on your opponent and be an asshole.
Anyone got a clip of Yianii’s interview ??

Bulsak and DePrez looked like mirror images of each other out there. Same build, same demeanor and wrestling style. Looked like Buksak's leg was going to snap in third when he was trying to get that reversal, Awesome win.
I thought the same thing. If he pushed and Deprez pushed, snap goes the leg!! Someone earlier in the year mentioned Greg being one of the 2 or 3 most muscular guys at his weight. Seems like the last month, most guys are a mirror of him or bigger. We need big, strong, capable wrestlers in the upper weights like Bulsak. Sorry to see this guy go after only one year at the end of this tournament.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Man I'm really happy for Greg. He made the trip 4 times and never had the true AA feeling. Makes the transfer, goes through the Big10 gauntlet and persevered when it mattered most. Hopefully, he can keep winning.

Definitely a great win for the RU program. This will definitely look good for potential transfers.

Rivera gets a quick reversal and then picks up 2 back points. Leads 6-0 halfway through the 2nd.

Reactions: Bobbynieds
Second straight match that I cannot watch. When I click on the mat, it tells me I can’t get it in my area or some shit like that. I’m getting pissed off.

Not sure why all the hate on Yianni. Guy is his toughest critic and has the mind set to be the best. If he hurts your feelings you’re too soft! 🤣
Win with some class. Don't look like a dick doing it. I haven't disliked him up until about 25 minutes ago. Classless prick. And on national TV none the less.
Nice Tech SeaBass.
Did Rivera wrestle pissed or what?

Second straight match that I cannot watch. When I click on the mat, it tells me I can’t get it in my area or some shit like that. I’m getting pissed off.
Mine does that so I just keep going til I get the mat I want

You should have just paid the 4.99 to get access

He can criticize himself all he wants but when he puts down his opponent while doing it then he's crossed into asshole territory.
And there you have it. I was waiting for Matt to try and come back with some cute comment, but you cut to the chase. Do your talking on the mat, respect your opponent. Good coaches got that across to me throughout my career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT