ADVERTISEMENT

No. RV/21 Rutgers Women's Soccer Travels to Penn State (Thur), Hosts Northwestern (Sun)

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
RV/21 Rutgers women's soccer travels to Penn State for its first road Big Ten match of the year on Thursday, Oct. 3. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET live on Big Ten Network.

The Scarlet Knights then return home to host the Northwestern Wildcats on Sunday, Oct. 6. As part of a doubleheader with Rutgers men's soccer, match time is set for 2 p.m. ET following the men's contest which begins at 11 a.m.

https://scarletknights.com/news/201...travels-to-penn-state-hosts-northwestern.aspx

Game on BTN network; I will be out but have already set the DVR(almost said VCR) lol! This game obviously tough but according to what Killer Bee said we will be down 3 guys who are playing on their national teams so we are really at a disadvantage and I fully expect O'Neill to really pack it in defensively and play for the tie!!

Game on BTN network; I will be out but have already set the DVR(almost said VCR) lol! This game obviously tough but according to what Killer Bee said we will be down 3 guys who are playing on their national teams so we are really at a disadvantage and I fully expect O'Neill to really pack it in defensively and play for the tie!!
Two are starting D players. His O players are here. He should do just the opposite.

Two are D players. His O players are here. He should do just the opposite.
Of course he should play more offensively to try and control the game but we know that’s not his MO and down not just 2 defenders but our best 2 we will be in trouble my prediction is PSU 3-0

I am not that familiar with Penn State this year but I suspect we will see a VERY defensive oriented approach from Rutgers, perhaps even a formation change with the intent of keeping Penn State off the board for as long and as much as possible with the hopes of sneaking in a goal to sneak in a win. I agree with rudad, try to control the game!!!

Come on ladies ... end RU’s recent B1G losing streak across all sports (soccer, field hockey, football, WSoccer, volleyball) ... only recent team with success in past week was WGolf!

Come on ladies ... end RU’s recent B1G losing streak across all sports (soccer, field hockey, football, WSoccer, volleyball) ... only recent team with success in past week was WGolf!

Highly unlikely. Playing better competition and we all know the entire athletic department is bad during conference play.

Totally inept at controlling the ball. Can't string two passes together with any regularity. As a result most of the first half spent chasing and defending their own end.

Nothing but defense, literally camped out in our own end for 45 minutes. Exhausting and takes away any attacking mentality.

Only down 1-0 ... PSU is tough at home ... and down some players ... but get that comeback to avoid 1-3 in conference!

Need at least 1 team to have .500 or better in conference this fall. You’re the best shot!

Binkley soft pass give away led to that PSU attack & goal. Not the first such pass. Many shortcomings. One, we have to convert chances, not keep banging them over the goal. Try to have a successful throw in. More of the same from Nneka trying to plow through 3 defenders. And who is this AH play by play PSU promoter & cheerleader?

Only down 1-0 ... PSU is tough at home ... and down some players ... but get that comeback to avoid 1-3 in conference!

Need at least 1 team to have .500 or better in conference this fall. You’re the best shot!
Not a chance we come back . With 11 minutes to go Ali has a semi break away and for some reason dribbles into the middle and passes all she had to do was stay on the same line she was on and shoot the ball on goal. It’s pouring there just get the ball on goal it’s a wet ball tough for the goalie to handle. Our continued lack of soccer sense just amazes me

Not a chance we come back . With 11 minutes to go Ali has a semi break away and for some reason dribbles into the middle and passes all she had to do was stay on the same line she was on and shoot the ball on goal. It’s pouring there just get the ball on goal it’s a wet ball tough for the goalie to handle. Our continued lack of soccer sense just amazes me
Unbelievable goal by Brittany Laplant!! 1-1 first time we had the ball in the half of the field in 12 minutes

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Watching the match, hope they win.Truthfully, don't know a whole lot. But, beating PSU in anything makes me happy.

Sayers in a quick transition 2-1 RU. Amazing given how little of the play was in PSU's end. PSU dominating the possession up until that point.

Direct TV application won’t let me see live ... started by from beginning.

Preparing for the usual PSU women vs RU women soccer game coming up. Same story for the last 5 years always absolute heartbreak

WOOOOO !!!!!! The curse is broken!! After heartbreak after heartbreak every year against PSU I hate that stupid soccer stadium the ladies pull it off and beat PSU with 3 goals (most ever scored by RU at PSU) and had the Nits their first EVER overtime loss at home in program history in front of their rainy screaming crying fans on BTN !!! Yay congrats ladies way to fight !!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT