ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure who to root for in tonight's Illinois-Mich St game

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
We probably don't want Michigan State coming off a loss, but if they beat Illinois, will that give them a lot more confidence going forward? This is a tough one to figure.

I'm rooting for MSU. Don't want Sparty coming into our game fresh off a loss.

Illinois because it enhances their national ranking which helps the B1G Ten.Michigan State will be at least a six point favorite playing on their home court where Rutgers has never won.

Sure would have liked to play MSU at home this year, the only time we play them.

It’s not like we gave up a home court game last year and then had to also play them away last year.

This seems imminently fair.

No conspiracy theory. Nothing to see here.

At least they moved up the starting time so there’s that.

MSU because Illinois will be good all season and doesn't look like a bad loss.

Rooting for Illinois easily. Let MSU fall to 1-4 in league and maybe having their confidence rattled, and let the B1G have two top ten teams.

I won't call it a heartbreaker but that was a tough loss. Not sure if the way it played out is good or bad for us.

Looked to me like MSU runs the same offense we run. Spread the floor, set one high pick, and let the ball-handler create. Otherwise they chuck up threes.

Btw, IL missed a couple of chippies late and Hawkins took an ill-advised three from way downtown that was a brick. Unnecessary with the lead they had at the time. They almost blew it.

I just wanted to see a good game... and I did.

I'm more concerned about how we play than MSU's mindset. I assume MSU is going to play inspired ball at home regardless of what happened tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT