ADVERTISEMENT

Not the Christmas Present We Want - Hope Pat Mineo's Report is Wrong

Racpack

Senior
Jan 21, 2012
"Big holiday news brewing, and it only adds to the mystery that is and always has been- Nick Suriano!
Suriano now training for trials full-time at Sunkist in Arizona with Mark Perry... Looks like he will relocate there and not return to Rutgers or college wrestling. Bummer for Scarlet Knight fans, but I guess he feels like he found a home there and the training partners to get him ready for trials."

Terrific. There goes the top 10 finish but let’s be done with all the drama already.

Really thought he wanted that shot at Lee.

Goody just said he was in AZ but that he still expecting Nick back once the season started so who really knows. Pat usually has good information when it comes to Nick but as we know things always change and no one bats .1000

This wouldn't be a surprise either way at this point though.

Maybe he will return next year and finish up college academics and wrestling. Is this a possibility? $$$$

No one knows what Nick is doing including Nick, it all comes down to what Bobby Suriano wants for his son.

• Wow
Reactions: Leonard23
Whatever the Surianos want I hope they achieve. If that does not include RU so be it. He gave us our first NCAA champ and for that we should be ever indebted. The fact he is still out there makes me think he will not return. His dear friend Peter Lipari is at ASU so that gives him a familiar face to hang with.

I know people have different opinions on Reece bringing Tomasello into the RTC to train, and maybe I’m in the minority but Reece should have given the Surianos a heads up. Nick’s unwillingness to train at the RTC right now isn’t helping things for RU.

You could be right. The Tomasello visit should not have happened without giving Suriano a heads up. Princeton and Reece probably were brining him in to train Glory. If Reece and Princeton wanted to bring in Stieber to train Kolodzik, wouldn’t Goody have demanded that Ashnault be told in advance.

Still believe if Nick returns we compete for a trophy,

If Nicky does not return Sammy the bull slides into the 133 spot. Not a bad replacement

I differ on my opinion about Nick Suriano. As amazing as his accomplishments have been for this University, I question his character. He seems very self-serving and that only "he" matters. I've yet to meet anyone, who says Suriano is a good person with an approachable personality.

Since no one else asked, is it better to train with Micic and Perry or Molinaro over Pritzlaff, Ashnault, Rivera, Alvarez? Is Zeke Jones the selling point? Seems like a wash. Oh well. Hopefully, Perry doesn't take after his brother and recommend Bobby to start taking Ostarine and Nick accidentally drinks it...

Would be great if Nick came back at some point.

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Boys
I know people have different opinions on Reece bringing Tomasello into the RTC to train, and maybe I’m in the minority but Reece should have given the Surianos a heads up. Nick’s unwillingness to train at the RTC right now isn’t helping things for RU.
I thought it was extremely idiotic on Reece's part not to consult with RTC club members 1st. His first responsibility is to those who belong to that club. It's what he's being paid for, not some outdated allegiance to OSU athletes.

I don’t know what the Jersey rules are for Covid but wouldn’t Nicky have to quantum’s for 14 days coming from Arizona? Complicates things.

I thought it was extremely idiotic on Reece's part not to consult with RTC club members 1st. His first responsibility is to those who belong to that club. It's what he's being paid for, not some outdated allegiance to OSU athletes.
That’s old news ..why keep harping on it ...he was in the room after that happened...everyone was prospecting what our lineup with him was gonna be with him and Seabass in it ....he marches to the beat of his own drum and always has ....so what’s new ...IF he wrestles again for college I say it will be here .....so let’s dwell on what we do have instead of what we could have ..Aguilar, Alvarez,Seabass,MVB, Kanniard, 165?,Grello,Poz,Janzer,Collucci ....still not bad lineup ...

I differ on my opinion about Nick Suriano. As amazing as his accomplishments have been for this University, I question his character. He seems very self-serving and that only "he" matters. I've yet to meet anyone, who says Suriano is a good person with an approachable personality.

The things that make him rough around the edges as a person are also what makes him a great wrestler.

Reactions: rags and rpiseman
That’s old news ..why keep harping on it ...he was in the room after that happened...everyone was prospecting what our lineup with him was gonna be with him and Seabass in it ....he marches to the beat of his own drum and always has ....so what’s new ...IF he wrestles again for college I say it will be here .....so let’s dwell on what we do have instead of what we could have ..Aguilar, Alvarez,Seabass,MVB, Kanniard, 165?,Grello,Poz,Janzer,Collucci ....still not bad lineup ...
Ah yes because we have so much new, news coming out from so manny different sources to go over. This place has been so a buzz with activity I can't keep up. How dare I discuss something with fellow Rutgers wrestling fans from days gone past.

I'll await your new gripping news on those wrestlers you just discussed, you know news that we haven't already broken down 100 times in the recent months. Hell you must at least have a schedule for us, don't you?

Last edited:
I think the answer to the Tomasello showing up a year and a half ago has no bearing on this recent rumor about Nicky training in Arizona. I believe that is what the poster meant.

I would think the more people you can train with, the better.
It is not like he is going to some community college to train with Div. 3 wrestlers.
I am just hoping for a 2021 season in January.

I would love to see Nick put on a RU singlet again.
Once he used his olympic redshirt, I figured he would never wrestle college again.
Either way, I will root for him.

The things that make him rough around the edges as a person are also what makes him a great wrestler.
I agree, the kid is Jersey tough, there's no question about that. My feelings and sentiments are that it's his way or the highway. Bringing tomasello in wasn't the smartest move on Humphreys part, but Bob suriano could have approached it differently. He didn't have to tell the coaches to F off. I feel like a lot of Nick's behavior trickles down from his father. Again, just my observation. Never met the kid.

I think the answer to the Tomasello showing up a year and a half ago has no bearing on this recent rumor about Nicky training in Arizona. I believe that is what the poster meant.
That was my point ...some guys just won’t let it go ...like a broken record

Ah yes because we have so much new, news coming out from so manny different sources to go over. This place has been so a buzz with activity I can't keep up. How dare I discuss something with fellow Rutgers wrestling fans from days gone past.

I'll await your new gripping news on those wrestlers you just discussed, you know news that we haven't already broken down 100 times in the recent months. Hell you must at least have a schedule for us, don't you?
At least I don’t beat old news to death just to hear yourself talk ....

Here’s some gripping news..I told you all Glasgow would never wrestle here again and I was right ....Vulakh with his back problems won’t either ...that’s a shame but back issues are career breakers for wrestlers .....

Here’s some gripping news..I told you all Glasgow would never wrestle here again and I was right ....Vulakh with his back problems won’t either ...that’s a shame but back issues are career breakers for wrestlers .....
What? Where is this Vulakh info coming from? Has he not been practicing?

tenor.gif

Reactions: koleszar
Isn't that a big cut for MVB?
I thought last time he tried going that weight he struggled.

My comment from April 28: "Is Vulakh expected to be healthy? Back problems can be chronic ". I'm not totally shocked at the news but am disappointed. Maybe I'm more sensitive to the news since it is Rutgers but it seems kids come to Rutgers to convalesce. Is it my imagination that every year there are multiple injuries at the beginning of the season?

Van Brill dropping weight doesn't sound promising to me unless he can do it without losing strength. If he can, hopefully he'll be more than a .500 wrestler. Jo Jo and Angelo have to go up in weight to meet someone coming down - another eight pounds on Jo Jo's back when he's caught on bottom.

The Nick thing aside, I'm glad to see Aguilar and Sammy at their respective positions. Hope they don't get injured.

I did notice two wrestlers missing from the roster. Still one or two to go in order to meet the 30 limit.

How is the Heavyweight Situation looking?
Is it Collucci's or does he have competition?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT