ADVERTISEMENT

O/U for how much in-game announcers talk about CFP instead of our game

MGSA99

All American
Jan 15, 2002
I've seen them do this countless times. It's almost as if the gane on the field is just background and completely irrelevant to the main event later. Saw it when they were broadcasting a weekday MAC game before the big #1 vs #2 Ohio State-Michigan game of 2006.

It will help if the game is competitive. Of course there is going to be a lot of focus on the playoff games after.

It will help if the game is competitive. Of course there is going to be a lot of focus on the playoff games after.
It looks like the announcers are Taylor Zarzour (play-by-play), Matt Stinchcomb (analyst), and Alyssa Lang (sideline). They typically do SEC games during the regular season.

Last edited:
I think they will talk about Rutgers a lot, mostly about how RU was able to get to the bowl game in time. If Rutgers happens to be competitive and win, everyone will talk about Rutgers a lot.

There will be plenty of CFP talk. Exactly how much will be determined by the closeness of the game.

Reactions: RW90
70/30 CFP unless Rutgers is winning in a “MAJOR UPSET” of a highly ranked ACC/ESPN team.

I used to listen to Taylor Zarzour and Greg McElroy on Sirius XM every morning. That was a great show. Too bad Taylor left once ESPN started the SEC Channel.

I've been watching games all week. There has been very little talk about the playoff games. All crews seem to being staying on the game they are calling. I don't see that changing tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT