ADVERTISEMENT

Official NCAA Selection Show thread

The Big East could get 3 teams to Sweet 16 to carry the conference and UConn could go back to back....but the league has a lot of local media hype in our area. If this isn't a slap in the face of reality, not sure what is.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
😅🤣😂😃😀

cdscdscs.jpg

NCAA has two Colorado teams as play in games.

How is Dayton ranked so high. Dont get it.

Play in games as predicted for 10 seeds.

They obviously don’t pay all that much attention to conferences tourneys.

No it’s not.
Look at Seton Hall’s OOC.
That crushed them
I'm not surprised that SHU didn't get in, but thought that the Johnnie's had a shot, especially after they blew out SHU and gave UConn a good game in the BE tourney. Rick Pitino didn't make the big dance, but his son did, lol.

Too bad that Princeton lost in the Ivy tournament, they would have been a fun team to watch dancing.

Reactions: biazza38
Now we know, most of the drama the last couple of days only mattered for the winners of the tournaments…and that’s if they weren’t already in….basically, the committee did their work last week and only plugged in the surprised winners…e.g., Oregon, NC State etc
But what else can they do? They have to put the AQs in and then it’s “oh well…” The bubble was weak this year but really nothing broke right for those teams. A-10, ACC, AAC, Mountain West were all crappy results for bubble teams just to name a few.

But what else can they do? They have to put the AQs in and then it’s “oh well…” The bubble was weak this year but really nothing broke right for those teams. A-10, ACC, AAC, Mountain West were all crappy results for bubble teams just to name a few.
I would think teams that made late runs in their tournaments but fell short of winning should matter a little. It didn’t happen this year, but if Ohio State made the BiG final, it should matter.. in this case, it wouldn’t

I would think teams that made late runs in their tournaments but fell short of winning should matter a little. It didn’t happen this year, but if Ohio State made the BiG final, it should matter.. in this case, it wouldn’t
My point is the surprise AQs handcuffed them somewhat. But in the end, what are we talking about? A handful of teams that may have a beef this year?

Reactions: Mr Magoo
One thing for next year, we better beat Seton Hall. Yes the great Aguirre.

ALL the CBS analysts predict UConn to win the national championship for the second straight season.Houston or Kentucky are mentioned as likely UConn opponent.

I have watched college bb since 1976 and Depaul is the worst major college team I have seen.
God is that a shame to read. I have been watching as long as you and they were always so good when we were growing up. Almost beat ISU and Bird in the Final Four.

Reactions: shields
Don't worry...next year, we'll hear again how CBS/TV has influence on the committee even though there has never been a reason to believe that it's true.
You’re going to run with that….
Good luck with that….

NET is used for seeding - not for selection
The logic seems awkward. If the net 28 or 29 means that according to that metric, you’re the 28th or 29th best team in the nation but you don’t get selected in the field as large as the tournament then it has zero use and zero credibility. If it is so far off from reality, why is it used for Any purpose at all, just throw it out. . I suppose I’m being obtuse but it seems contradictory.

Reactions: biazza38 and kcg88
If a NET 28 doesn't get you in then I do not understand why they bother. Commish just has to make excuses like for us last year.
Shame. Oh well I guess there's the NIT that our experts want to go away.
net is not for selection its a sorting tool and can be used for seeding...I think the SOR was used to ding the Mountain West across the board

Reactions: RUChoppin
The logic seems awkward. If the net 28 or 29 means that according to that metric, you’re the 28th or 29th best team in the nation but you don’t get selected in the field as large as the tournament then it has zero use. If it is so far off from reality, why is it used for any purchases lol. If it’s for seating purposes, then you’re a seven or eight seed. I suppose I’m being up to, but it seems contradictory.
mid majors are always outliers

Indiana State beat no one ooc and only Drake once big deal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT