ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL NET Thread - 2022/23

We jumped Maryland who beat UMBC last night.

Michigan falls from 81 to 110. Ouch.

Iowa (58) going to drop after a 16 point loss to Nebraska (78). That will pull Nebraska into Q2, at least for the time being.

Michigan (81) loses by 2 at home to Central Mich (292) and are going to drop like a stone, almost certainly into triple digits.
I pretty much go into a blink rage when I think of Juwan and Michigan so it's hard to cheer them to win anything even if it helps us.

We jumped Maryland who beat UMBC last night.

Michigan falls from 81 to 110. Ouch.
I’m glad we’re doing well but it makes no objective sense for us to jump Maryland right now. Everything about their resume is better than ours right now except that we destroyed terrible teams by a bit more than them. Horrible system that’s benefitting us for a change. Hope we can take advantage.

Reactions: RU-ROCS
I’m glad we’re doing well but it makes no objective sense for us to jump Maryland right now. Everything about their resume is better than ours right now except that we destroyed terrible teams by a bit more than them. Horrible system that’s benefitting us for a change. Hope we can take advantage.

That is strange that MD dropped. Most of their schedule didn't change much, though W Carolina dropped from 277 to 303 after a 25-pt home loss to UNC-G (but MD beat them by 20)

It looks like the UMBC game pulled them down from 27-->24 and pulled UMBC up from 210-->204

Have to assume it had to do with efficiency metrics.

We don’t really know all the details of the NET formula do we? Maybe First half efficiency matters somehow? Was a 2 point game at halftime

It's weird but I'm not knocking any system that now has us in the top 25. Lets keep the foot on the accelerator and get another lopsided W tonight.

Richmond beat Coppin State (NET 269) by 18 last night and their NET only improved from 146 to 142. I guess we will need to win by 20 just to tread water. It's not gentlemanly but we have to try to win this game by 30+.
Pike has shown, to me, he Gets It, and especially this year where he’s going for the throat and not letting up on the gas.

Good teams get the win; Great teams rip your throat out and stomp on you for good measure.

Pike has shown, to me, he Gets It, and especially this year where he’s going for the throat and not letting up on the gas.

Good teams get the win; Great teams rip your throat out and stomp on you for good measure.
Some of our fans still subscribe to the old way of waiting for something terrible to happen. In the past, Rutgers would be in a dogfight with lesser teams. Now, Rutgers puts them out of their misery early in games. Rutgers has grown and developed to the next level. Let's hope our fans catch up.

the Warren Nolan site is good because it puts up team sheets and you can easily check every schools schedule and resume

in fairness right now the sos overall is 171 and non conference at 305. In current time RU is a last 4 in type school given its resume..you see it with Lunardi and some others. I dont like bracketology at all this year because its oh so incomplete but some of these numbers are negative right now for RU with regard to sos. Obviously the overall sos will end up top 60, possibly top 40 but that takes time, our non conference sos will likely hover similar to last year near that 300 which isnt good

Id like to see those 3 Q3 games where RU went 2-1 all move to Q2: SHU, Wake and UMass Lowell, its possible at least for the first 2.

the Warren Nolan site is good because it puts up team sheets and you can easily check every schools schedule and resume

in fairness right now the sos overall is 171 and non conference at 305. In current time RU is a last 4 in type school given its resume..you see it with Lunardi and some others. I dont like bracketology at all this year because its oh so incomplete but some of these numbers are negative right now for RU with regard to sos. Obviously the overall sos will end up top 60, possibly top 40 but that takes time, our non conference sos will likely hover similar to last year near that 300 which isnt good

Id like to see those 3 Q3 games where RU went 2-1 all move to Q2: SHU, Wake and UMass Lowell, its possible at least for the first 2.

Exactly. Over SOS will be fine. You obsess about the schedule too much

Is the NET even an issue in late December??

There are so many injuries around CBB, that it's hard to keep up with just the ones in the B1G.

Indiana is missing a starter or 2.

Iowa missed Kris Murray for 4 games or so.

Caleb was really out of sorts and missed games early, he's just now getting into form. Mulcahy had an injury that forced RU off track.

Add in Michigan losing their starting PG, Malik Hall from MSU missed like 3 to 4 weeks, Minnesota missed 2 of its top 3 players for most of the OOC.

In terms of OOC, the Miami game was widely criticized as another ho-hum matchup since RU had played there multiple times in the ACC/B1G. But they're likely pushing into the Top 10 after another win.

Wake defeating Duke by double figures will help down the road. I don't think Temple or SHU will be looked at like Lafayette or others in years past. But SHU specifically looks like they're so out of sorts and another injury ravaged program, that it's best to wait for maybe after the Super Bowl and see where these teams are, when they get healthier.

RU is now #22

Results:
Q1 (1-30 Home, 1-50 Neutral, 1-75 Away)
16 - @Ohio St (L*)
20 - Indiana (W)
32 - @Miami (L)

Q2 (31-75 Home 51-100 Neutral, 76-135 Away)

Q3 (76-160 Home, 101-200 Neutral, 136-240 Away)
83 - UMass-Lowell (W)
84 - Wake Forest (W)
91 - Seton Hall (L)
179 - (N) Temple (L)

Q4 (161+ Home, 201+Neutral, 141+ Away)
230 - Rider (W)
247 - Bucknell (W)
273 - Coppin St (W)
327 - Sacred Heart (W)
344 - Columbia (W)
346 - Central CT St (W)

Upcoming
Q1 (1-30 Home, 1-50 Neutral, 1-75 Away)
4 - @Purdue
16 - Ohio St
20 - @Indiana
24 - Maryland
42 - @Illinois
46 - @Northwestern
51 - @Wisconsin
63 - @Penn St
67 - @MSU
68 - @Iowa

Q2 (31-75 Home 51-100 Neutral, 76-135 Away)
46 - Northwestern
63 - Penn St
67 - (N)MSU
68 - Iowa
74 - Nebraska

Q3 (76-160 Home, 101-200 Neutral, 136-240 Away)
110 - Michigan

Q4 (161+ Home, 201+Neutral, 241+ Away)
244 - Minnesota
244 - @Minnesota

Notes:
- Heading into the real meat of the schedule now. Only 3 games in Q1/Q2 in the first 13.... and we'll see 15 of the next 18 are in Q1/Q2.
- Need to accumulate some Q1 wins, which means OSU/MD at home, but also picking up a couple on the road. Monday would be a fantastic one to get.
- I have a feeling Minnesota will rise above the 240 line by the end of the season, so at least the away game will be Q3
- Iowa's looked bad, though, and might fall out of Q2 into Q3 if they keep on this trajectory

Reactions: LeapinLou
RU moves up 3 spots to #22 in KenPom. Now the real season begins.

Yeah, kenpom is predicting Monday's game at Purdue to be in single digits. The AdjEM difference between us is 5.7 points.... not sure what he uses as a home court advantage modifier, though. If this game were at home, it'd likely be a single possession prediction.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Yeah, kenpom is predicting Monday's game at Purdue to be in single digits. The AdjEM difference between us is 5.7 points.... not sure what he uses as a home court advantage modifier, though. If this game were at home, it'd likely be a single possession prediction.
I don't know Kenpom's exact home court advantage but it should be somewhere around 3 points per game. At 67 possessions the AdjEM difference between the teams translates to 3.82 points. So Purdue -7 at Purdue and probably like Purdue -1 if it were at the RAC.

Bart has Purdue -6.1 for the upcoming game, presumably he'd have it ~50/50 if it were at the RAC.

Reactions: RUChoppin
I don't know Kenpom's exact home court advantage but it should be somewhere around 3 points per game. At 67 possessions the AdjEM difference between the teams translates to 3.82 points. So Purdue -7 at Purdue and probably like Purdue -1 if it were at the RAC.

Bart has Purdue -6.1 for the upcoming game, presumably he'd have it ~50/50 if it were at the RAC.
Just reflecting on how good it is to be seen as within single digits of the number 1 team in the country. We will someday flip that script and be on top, but for now to have a highly competitive winning program feels great.

Reactions: fluoxetine

Agreed! And part of what has helped is the newbies, that require PT to develop and to see how they can help the team, are making impressive contributions. No drop off with Derek and Wolf in the game!

Reactions: RUHouston
Considering Mackey and the RAC (alternate song title before Elton settled on Benny and the Jets?) are probably the two best home court advantages in the B1G, maybe we'd be favored at home by a point or two.

Is the NET even an issue in late December??

There are so many injuries around CBB, that it's hard to keep up with just the ones in the B1G.

Indiana is missing a starter or 2.

Iowa missed Kris Murray for 4 games or so.

Caleb was really out of sorts and missed games early, he's just now getting into form. Mulcahy had an injury that forced RU off track.

Add in Michigan losing their starting PG, Malik Hall from MSU missed like 3 to 4 weeks, Minnesota missed 2 of its top 3 players for most of the OOC.

In terms of OOC, the Miami game was widely criticized as another ho-hum matchup since RU had played there multiple times in the ACC/B1G. But they're likely pushing into the Top 10 after another win.

Wake defeating Duke by double figures will help down the road. I don't think Temple or SHU will be looked at like Lafayette or others in years past. But SHU specifically looks like they're so out of sorts and another injury ravaged program, that it's best to wait for maybe after the Super Bowl and see where these teams are, when they get healthier.
SHU is up by 19 on St Johns with less than 4 mins to go.

Reactions: Scangg
St Johns is a mess.

Columbia beat Yale too, not sure how much that helps but a solid win for them.

SHU should see a bump in NET. They are currently #91 and just beat #96 by 22.

#84 Wake just knocked off #28 VTech by 2 at home, and will move up into the 70s.

#344 Columbia just beat #36 Yale by 2 at home, and may move up into the 200s

Reactions: Scangg and fatsam98
SHU should see a bump in NET. They are currently #91 and just beat #96 by 22.

#84 Wake just knocked off #28 VTech by 2 at home, and will move up into the 70s.

#344 Columbia just beat #36 Yale by 2 at home, and may move up into the 200s
Columbia will not be in the 200s. More like the 320s now

Opponents are on a roll.

Central Connecticut and Sacred Heart both win big too.
Both winning by 20 and Sacred Heart on the road. Plus Colombia taking down # 36 Yale is also a 30 point climb for them. Seton Hall beating St. John’s by more than 20 , moves them up 10-15 likely , and the team that Saint Puppy and Gumper said stinks , Wake Forest beats 2 of the top 4 teams in the ACC, Duke and Va. Tech back to back. What a glorious Net day for Rutgers. UMASS Lowell up 9 at half on the road at NJIT. Rider on the road coming up soon. Go for the full sweep and bring out the brooms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT