ADVERTISEMENT

Ogbole

satnom

All American
Jun 29, 2002
First time in I don’t know when that it feels like RU has a capable backup at center. Ogbole has a presence and scratching the surface on what he can possibly be.

Maybe we don’t need a transfer center for next season. Also liked in the game when he was doing some things of note and wanted to stay on court rather than head to the bench for Cliff.

So far so good.

GO RU

He takes up a lot of space and can bang with the big guys. But he has to have huge hands but cannot hold on to a ball. Needs to work on that.

First time in I don’t know when that it feels like RU has a capable backup at center. Ogbole has a presence and scratching the surface on what he can possibly be.

Maybe we don’t need a transfer center for next season. Also liked in the game when he was doing some things of note and wanted to stay on court rather than head to the bench for Cliff.

So far so good.

GO RU
Needs to work on his hands, as they’re about as bad as Cliff’s. Receiving the entry pass, securing rebounds, etc. totally sub-par for a guy with his size and strength.

Needs to work on his hands, as they’re about as bad as Cliff’s. Receiving the entry pass, securing rebounds, etc. totally sub-par for a guy with his size and strength.
Do big guys typically have good hands? I feel that is often an issue actually.

I do think Ogbole needs to show improvement there, but few players see the jump in competition he has, I think he will settle in.

Also don't think Cliff's hands are that bad. I mean not great, but he does get a lot of touches.

So far so good.

GO RU
One of my litmus tests is, do I feel confident when I see him stepping onto the court, and the answer is definitely yes.

I feel like he gives us a much-needed physical presence in the paint. He plays within himself, contributes with rebounding, setting solid screens, good help defense, and generally plays with his head up, finding the open man.

As he develops better hand strength, he’ll become a legit weapon for us., on both ends of the floor.

He is Definitely a plus......size, rebounding, defense, shot blocking ....Outweighs bad hands, lack of touch on offense..

Do big guys typically have good hands? I feel that is often an issue actually.

I do think Ogbole needs to show improvement there, but few players see the jump in competition he has, I think he will settle in.

Also don't think Cliff's hands are that bad. I mean not great, but he does get a lot of touches.
Cliff's hands are also pretty bad. The best big man hands I've seen at RU was Myles Johnson who was also a great passer.

It's one thing to look the part, and it's another thing to develop the skills. Ogbole certainly looks like he could be a good center. But think about the things folks said about Wolfie last year and this offseason based on how he had looked, but not necessarily produced, on the court. Here's hoping that Ogbole becomes a good B1G center.

Reactions: RU-05 and satnom
It's one thing to look the part, and it's another thing to develop the skills. Ogbole certainly looks like he could be a good center. But think about the things folks said about Wolfie last year and this offseason based on how he had looked, but not necessarily produced, on the court. Here's hoping that Ogbole becomes a good B1G center.
To be fair Woolf never looked the part of a real center, we were just hoping he’d develop into a mismatch 5 — running the floor better than other bigs, beating them with crafty footwork / finisher, developing an outside shot, etc.

Ogbole on the other hand already has the size / physicality. Just needs to improve on positioning / instincts — and even if he never develops a real offensive game he can still be a plus in a backup capacity

To be fair Woolf never looked the part of a real center, we were just hoping he’d develop into a mismatch 5 — running the floor better than other bigs, beating them with crafty footwork / finisher, developing an outside shot, etc.

Ogbole on the other hand already has the size / physicality. Just needs to improve on positioning / instincts — and even if he never develops a real offensive game he can still be a plus in a backup capacity
Sooooo, considering that cliff will leave after this year (likely) is big O our center next year??? Or is the portal our friend for a center??

He’s huge. At a minimum, he provides defense and clogs the paint. Not much offensive game since he has issues holding the ball, but I’ll take what he provides on defense

No, he's not ready to be a starter next year. That would be scary. Is Lathan and Ogbole enough? It would be risky IMO
Juslin Bodo in the portal... Dude is a rebounding monster. He's going to end up at a high major by the time his career is over and be very very good. Might as well be us.

No, he's not ready to be a starter next year. That would be scary. Is Lathan and Ogbole enough? It would be risky IMO
Would agree we have to target a big. If Lathan comes in the summer and dominates his way to big minutes that’s great. But unfair to place expectations of 20+ mins a game on him from the jump

Reactions: Scangg
Wolf is a 4, possibly even a 3 with his quickness & surprising ball handling skills-
— with lots of off-season work EO could improve hands.. Cliff staying, I can now say with confidence (in my opinion) will be the key to us being a true National Contender next year!

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
Wolf is a 4, possibly even a 3 with his quickness & surprising ball handling skills-
— with lots of off-season work EO could improve hands.. Cliff staying, I can now say with confidence (in my opinion) will be the key to us being a true National Contender next year!
In no world is Wolf a 3. He can't even play the 4 since he has no outside shot whatsoever.

Mag Hyatt Harper Yeboah Eugene Oskar... these are the guys who have been playing the 4. All have some sort of perimeter game and can shoot a 3

We tried Wolf at the 4 to start the season and it was a complete disaster

Wolf is an undersized 5 better suited for a lower level unless he can develop an outside shot

If Cliff doesn’t return, we need to hit the portal for a starting center. Sommerville is the future, but we can’t rely on him for starter’s minutes as a true freshman, and Ogbole is more of a solid backup and nothing more.

I agree but as usual we have others who don’t think he should play. This young man only started playing at age 17-18 so he is years behind many others in experience . Enjoyed his interview and why he loves Rutgers .
Truth

Want to call EO our gentle giant but he isn’t exactly a softie on the court.

There were a number of posters in the off season who had Wolfie shooting threes.

In no world is Wolf a 3. He can't even play the 4 since he has no outside shot whatsoever.

Mag Hyatt Harper Yeboah Eugene Oskar... these are the guys who have been playing the 4. All have some sort of perimeter game and can shoot a 3

We tried Wolf at the 4 to start the season and it was a complete disaster

Wolf is an undersized 5 better suited for a lower level unless he can develop an outside shot
What are those guys gonna do with those wolf masks ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT