ADVERTISEMENT

Ogbole

Mike B on the podcast mentioned each outing he has looked more confident and relaxed. Correct his slippery hands and Ogbole is a decent sub this year and next. I don’t believe Cliff comes back ( never say never) in 24-25 but then EO , Somerville and a portal B1G becomes very important. Would love a quad tower threat of Mawot , Lathan, Emmanuel and Cliff… with Ace , Dylan , JW. , JM , DS , GG , Noah …

Mike B on the podcast mentioned each outing he has looked more confident and relaxed. Correct his slippery hands and Ogbole is a decent sub this year and next. I don’t believe Cliff comes back ( never say never) in 24-25 but then EO , Somerville and a portal B1G becomes very important. Would love a quad tower threat of Mawot , Lathan, Emmanuel and Cliff… with Ace , Dylan , JW. , JM , DS , GG , Noah …
Agreed but this is Noah's last year

Agreed but this is Noah's last year
We were referring to and I believe Mb also was talking to Crouthmel about Ogbole not Noah. Not sure this is Noah’s final year.i may be mistaken on his time left.

I think people are a bit too down on AW. He's got good hands and good instincts as a "receiver": he's ready when a pass comes to him, handles it cleanly, and doesn't miss the easy ones. At 6'9", he'll be able to handle many centers we face though of course he's gonna have trouble with a 6'11"+ guy IF THAT GUY CAN PLAY. I think he needs to be more aggressive though his rebounding numbers are pretty good. Who knows what the portal may bring, but if the C options next year are him, EO, and Lathan, I think there will be some matchups where he gets under 10 mins, others where he'll get 20.

I think people are a bit too down on AW. He's got good hands and good instincts as a "receiver": he's ready when a pass comes to him, handles it cleanly, and doesn't miss the easy ones. At 6'9", he'll be able to handle many centers we face though of course he's gonna have trouble with a 6'11"+ guy IF THAT GUY CAN PLAY. I think he needs to be more aggressive though his rebounding numbers are pretty good. Who knows what the portal may bring, but if the C options next year are him, EO, and Lathan, I think there will be some matchups where he gets under 10 mins, others where he'll get 20.
AW ? We are talking about EO and Noah…

We
AW ? We are talking about EO and Noah…
We're talking about EO in terms of him and Lathan being the options at center mext year, sans the portal. There are also dismissive comments regarding Antoine. I think he's an option, as well.

You old guys are too much!
Zebnatto, RC '74

We

We're talking about EO in terms of him and Lathan being the options at center mext year, sans the portal. There are also dismissive comments regarding Antoine. I think he's an option, as well.

You old guys are too much!
Zebnatto, RC '74
Hey just pointing out that AW ( assume is Austin Williams) not either of the two you were discussing. I have enough issues remembering what I had for dinner last night.

To be fair Woolf never looked the part of a real center, we were just hoping he’d develop into a mismatch 5 — running the floor better than other bigs, beating them with crafty footwork / finisher, developing an outside shot, etc.

Ogbole on the other hand already has the size / physicality. Just needs to improve on positioning / instincts — and even if he never develops a real offensive game he can still be a plus in a backup capacity
Hard to improve instincts.

My good man try to focus here … EO… NF… when you posted AW please mention which AW… Wolf is a 4 … has a decent handle … could be number 8-9-10 if he works hard.
Whatever, but I thought the context would make it pretty obvious. Mentioning 6’9” seemed like a tip-off.

Last edited:
In no world is Wolf a 3. He can't even play the 4 since he has no outside shot whatsoever.

Mag Hyatt Harper Yeboah Eugene Oskar... these are the guys who have been playing the 4. All have some sort of perimeter game and can shoot a 3

We tried Wolf at the 4 to start the season and it was a complete disaster

Wolf is an undersized 5 better suited for a lower level unless he can develop an outside shot
Hey, he made a three at least once. Basically a sharpshooter by our standards.

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
If Cliff doesn’t return, we need to hit the portal for a starting center. Sommerville is the future, but we can’t rely on him for starter’s minutes as a true freshman, and Ogbole is more of a solid backup and nothing more.
No doubt a big is our top portal need. In Sommerville, Ogbole, and Wolf... we have a stud true freshman, a project who is a physical specimen, and a project who is athletic but undersized and under skilled. It's not the worst situation to be in. But for a team with aspirations, it's much less than you want. It's possible that our NIL is tapped out and we can't get anyone that's a clear upgrade. That would be a disappointment, but not a total disaster given that it's possible that one or all three of the projects we have will step up.

Reactions: Scangg
No doubt a big is our top portal need. In Sommerville, Ogbole, and Wolf... we have a stud true freshman, a project who is a physical specimen, and a project who is athletic but undersized and under skilled. It's not the worst situation to be in. But for a team with aspirations, it's much less than you want. It's possible that our NIL is tapped out and we can't get anyone that's a clear upgrade. That would be a disappointment, but not a total disaster given that it's possible that one or all three of the projects we have will step up.
This is spot on

Reactions: Eagleton96
The bold part is the key. Without Cliff, and with our best chance in decades for a deep run in the big dance, we absolutely must have a solid veteran force at the 5-spot, even if it’s primarily an elite defensive stopper.

Reactions: Eagleton96
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT