ADVERTISEMENT

One Thing That Disappointed Me Today

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
With the score 66-7 with about 2:45 to play I was disappointed that GS didn't put Austin Albericci into the game to hand off a couple of times. I think that he is a 5th year senior who except for holding on a couple of kicks in last year's bowl game has never played a down. This is a kid who has showed up for 4+ years knowing that his chance of actually playing is as close to zero as you can get but is always into the game on the sideline. Looks like a great team mate.
Thought it would have been a nice gesture.

Last edited:
I don't think that is on Greg to say which players are going in on individual plays in the game. Put that on OC or position coaches of who they put in. They may have wanted additional reps and looks for other young guys before B1G opponents come up. I would think Greg says let's get some guys some reps when it is out of hand, but not hand select who.

I don't think that is on Greg to say which players are going in on individual plays in the game. Put that on OC or position coaches of who they put in. They may have wanted additional reps and looks for other young guys before B1G opponents come up. I would think Greg says let's get some guys some reps when it is out of hand, but not hand select who.
You're probably right but someone should have thought of throwing this kid a bone. Three reps of handoffs to the back going up the middle isn't going to prepare anyone for the BIG 10. And it was Gavin who came in. The guy had played at least a half already.

With the score 66-7 with about 2:45 to play I was disappointed that GS didn't put Austin Albericci into the game to hand off a couple of times. I think that he is a 5th year senior who except for holding on a couple of kicks in last year's bowl game has never played a down. This is a kid who has showed up for 4+ years knowing that his chance of actually playing is as close to zero as you can get but is always into the game on the sideline. Looks like a great team mate.
100% agree.

Yes was not only feeling bad for him but also kind of surprised that Schiano risked Gavin back in there with the game out of hand. You never know what happens, a fumbled snap and he dives for it and gets sat on in the scrum and breaks his thumb or sprains his wrist. Was not only disappointing but also stupid

Greg is totally controlling that in this case.

GS's game day coaching has been questioned here a thousand times.

GS's game day coaching has been questioned here a thousand times.
Not questioning his game day coaching. Just thought he might let a kid step on the field for once in his career. Maybe even throw a little 5 yard out pattern. Give the kid a memory to last his lifetime.

GS was asked why he didn't go to the walkon QBs in the postgame interview. His response was that both Simon and Wimsatt need game reps and that every rep helps, no matter how seemingly inconsequential.

Reactions: RU-AGK
GS was asked why he didn't go to the walkon QBs in the postgame interview. His response was that both Simon and Wimsatt need game reps and that every rep helps, no matter how seemingly inconsequential.
I didn't hear that but those last few plays accomplished nothing, no matter how he wants to frame it.

Last edited:
How do you figure?
GS can say and do anything he wants in regard to personnel.
It’s as easy as him telling the OC, put the kid in for the last series…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT