ADVERTISEMENT

OSU Game could be Pandemonium in Piscataway Part II

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
Many have not experienced what a full Rutgers Stadium feels like, especially with a charged atmosphere, with a competitive team.

The last time we had an atmosphere like that was 2014, when we faced Michigan and Penn State. According to stats on ESPN, 53,774 attended the Penn State game and 53,327 attended the Michigan game.

Take care of business vs Indiana, and we will have a good chance of setting a new attendance record, and the atmosphere will be electric.

When our stadium is full, and fans are motivated, IMO we have the best atmosphere in college football, because the stadium design allows more of the sound to remain, similar to the RAC. Travel to other venues, and they just don’t seem as loud.

Of course, this week we’re all focused on Indiana, a worthy adversary.

Didn't even have to look who started this, LOL.

Al, I hope your optimism is contagious.
Had a friend (passed way too young) who would always say: "why not us, why not today."

Realistically, I'd like to play competitive against OSU. I don't believe in moral victories, but I do believe blowouts hurt recruiting.

OSU should be, and reasonably considered, way better than RU

the Ville game was two more even teams, don't remember who was favored, but the spread was probably small

so, the setup for the game is not the same

They also lost a close game to Louisville. They are probably looking at us as one of their best chances for a good win this season.
It's been a back-and-fourth series that is currently 5-4 Indiana (RU won last two). It's on the road. Won't be easy like some seem to think

Reactions: RUPete
Need big game from Kyle.
I think it might be a matter of our offensive line getting the upper hand late in the game.....one of the announcers mentioned how that seemed so, in yesterdays 4th quarter

we had a similar situation in last years opening BC win, that final drive, BC could not stop us

Kyle definitely has the heart and determination to get big yardage, the O line needs to give him an opening, big or small

Regardless of what happens in the Indiana game, it should be - and will be - electric for the Ohio State game. Either we are bowl eligible and riding a 2 game Big Ten win streak or we need one more win to get to bowl eligibility... both of those are huge motivators for the team and us fans

Reactions: RUPete
The Indy fans on their forum are hoping that their record is misleading also. But, then they bring up Akron and still wonder about the team.
Hopefully, we can jump on them early and take any hope out. I cannot imagine going through a game like MSU again.

Reactions: wheezer
I like the optimism, but come on…. We’re not even close to OSU. Just hope to see improvement and better ability to compete when we play them. And Indiana is no push over. We are closer in terms of ability with IU than OSU.

I like the optimism, but come on…. We’re not even close to OSU. Just hope to see improvement and better ability to compete when we play them. And Indiana is no push over. We are closer in terms of ability with IU than OSU.
We played with Michigan up until 4:31 of the 3rd quarter, which is when we threw the pick6. We should be similarly competitive with Ohio State.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
17-7 with Michigan and had first down and then officials picked up the flag inside the 25 I believe.

Reactions: RutgersNo1
Nobody should be thinking Indiana is a push over by just by looking at their record. The 3 Big Ten loses are against
#2 Michigan
#3 Ohio State
And Maryland
And...look at their 2 wins- 4OT to 1-6 Akron at HOME WTF?
and 0-6 Indiana St...

I am looking at Indiana as a push over- we only lose if we have our huge WTF game. NWU, MST and VaTech mush better than Indy

Luckily the players and Schiano do not think like this. We are very easily 1 or 2 Wimsatt untimely picks or a freak fumble in our own half of the field from losing to Indiana. With our passing game there is no room for error and it’s their homecoming and they think they’re better than us so the crowd will be pumped. Not an easy game by any means, the team has to prepare and focus on Indiana

Reactions: Knight Shift

the Ville game was two more even teams, don't remember who was favored, but the spread was probably small

According to this site, Louisville was favored by 6.5 pts. Louisville was #3 and Rutgers was #15 at the time.

If we are 6-2 after Indiana rutgersal is correct it will have that Louisville game day potential. No chance you say.? That’s an atmosphere even Greg Schiano would relish. How did we do last season out there?

Really? Didn’t know that. I want a Night Game, so we can replicate Pandeminium in Piscataway.
Big Ten had many of the top ratings in college football and all coming from the noon slot! Noon Big Ten games had higher ratings the SEC prime time games.

Reactions: rutgersal
If we are 6-2 after Indiana rutgersal is correct it will have that Louisville game day potential. No chance you say.? That’s an atmosphere even Greg Schiano would relish. How did we do last season out there?
Not saying no chance, but beating OSU would be much harder than beating Louisville
I go to every home game believing we have a chance

Reactions: RUBOB72
Not saying no chance, but beating OSU would be much harder than beating Louisville
I go to every home game believing we have a chance
Sure we all understand the enormity of winning such a game. It would go down in history as a moment in time. There have been other unthinkable upsets . Unlikely yes … but that’s why as Schiano has said often… why you play the game.

Last edited:
hes-back-wedding-crashers.gif

Why do we do this- why are we afraid to say we should beat Indiana. I don't care about the spread, Indy could be as bad as it gets in the B1G and one of the worst in P5.
If Indy started with NWU/Temple/VaTech/Mich/Wagner- thy get beat by 2 scores or more by NWU and VaTech. They beat Temple by a score and they do blow out Wagner. And we know how they do against Mich.

We lose- it is on the team and Greg.

Sure we all understand the enormity of winning such a game. It would go down in history as a moment in time. There have been other unthinkable upsets . Unlikely yes … but that’s why as Schiano has said often… why you play the game.
We are getting more hopefully today after we played pretty poorly for 3 quarters

All that is remembered is that we won

I would be more hopeful against OSU if we played well for a game

Big Ten had many of the top ratings in college football and all coming from the noon slot! Noon Big Ten games had higher ratings the SEC prime time games.
I didn’t know that. I noticed that the big games have trended to noon all year including PSU vs. OSU next week.

We have never once played Ohio State remotely close. Michigan is a different story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT