ADVERTISEMENT

OT: #1 NJ to Syracuse

Some of the Cuse fans are thinking about going regional again with Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Connecticut, Boston College, Buffalo,Army, New Hampshire, Delaware, UMass and Temple.
Wow. With that group of conference-mates they should be bowl eligible every year.

That would be a decent destination for them
You would have to look at from the big 12' s viewpoint

Do they really need them, do they add financial benefit, etc

The ACC turned their noses up when Uconn was willing and able to join
There has to be a need satisfied as far as a league is concerned
There might be several ACC teams for the big 12 to consider and some to pass on
I was being kind, as there's definitely no guarantee the B12 would take them

Some of the Cuse fans are thinking about going regional again with Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Connecticut, Boston College, Buffalo,Army, New Hampshire, Delaware, UMass and Temple.
That wouldn't be the worst thing, and could very well be what happens to them

Not a guarantee at all considering I don't think Syracuse is as attractive as Miami, Louisville, Pitt, VaTech, NC State or GeorgiaTech.

They'd be the 7th option at best.

I don't see the Big 12 adding that many schools.
You're probably right, as their football is done and bball post Boeheim remains to be seen

Syracuse has still been pretty respectful as a football team- they also have BB and a very long history and it is actually a pretty decent school.

I don't like them or their fans but they haven't really done anything that would make them a school that does not end somewhere- Same with Pitt...BC is a little different- they are still a great school- they have not been horrible but...they are religious. That could make a difference.

Strange has visited Rutgers 6 times- Yellis visited 10 times- sort of seems that both were trying to do anything they could to get Rutgers to give them a committable offer.
Strange verbals to Cuse today
Per the Syracuse board

Last edited:
#1 Receiver last year is gone- @Richard Schnyderite - any chance Rutgers would take him, or are we "done" at WR?- 6'5"

He had a Rutgers offer coming out of college.

I’d stay away from guys coming out of college. Why we would have offered escapes me.

Is it me or does that seem kind of foolish to let a new coach know you may want to transfer after the spring semester?

Is it me or does that seem kind of foolish to let a new coach know you may want to transfer after the spring semester?
I think it may be sort of like giving a two week notice. I don’t know the specifics of transfer rules anymore but either he was foolish or Fran is a dick…

I think it may be sort of like giving a two week notice. I don’t know the specifics of transfer rules anymore but either he was foolish or Fran is a dick…
Brown might have made a dick move, but he opened up a spot now instead of waiting for the kid to make up his mind to leave and lose out getting talent available now that wouldn't be available in the spring.
Also the fruit have 5 WRs committed for 2024, might not be a position of need in Brown's mind

Last edited:
Could be both. If it were me, I would have appreciated the heads up. Unless there is more to the story behind the scenes, Fran's move seems vindictive and petty.

Reactions: TRU2RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT