ADVERTISEMENT

OT: #1 NJ to Syracuse

You bring shit up from 40 years ago when Rutgers actually didn’t care to invest in sports. For years you guys bought players…. Now with NIL and the conference realignment game things are not the same as they were…hahaha

Dude…

It’s over you are not going to win this debate….. Long term… 5… 10… 20 and beyond…

Rutgers > Syracuse
Now they didnt care. lol thats the only reason. They care now and cant even beat Maryland

Now you want to talk about history. Well lets talk about all of it. 13-30.
Myself- I only became a Rutgers fan in 2005, so, that goes back 18 years. That is actually pretty significant history. You can have all the previous years. I think you only lost to us 4 times prior to 2005.

And what did that great history get you- ran off to the ACC and now play in a shitty conference for more less than half the money we get yearly.

Fran did kick ass with his recruiting but because he flipped a couple of kid$$$ that were coming to Rutgers anyway.

Now, the question will be- does that recruiting translate to the field? Watch out for next year when your schedule looks more like a AAC schedule than a P5.

Myself- I only became a Rutgers fan in 2005, so, that goes back 18 years. That is actually pretty significant history. You can have all the previous years. I think you only lost to us 4 times prior to 2005.

And what did that great history get you- ran off to the ACC and now play in a shitty conference for more less than half the money we get yearly.

Fran did kick ass with his recruiting but because he flipped a couple of kid$$$ that were coming to Rutgers anyway.

Now, the question will be- does that recruiting translate to the field? Watch out for next year when your schedule looks more like a AAC schedule than a P5.
Fair points. Funny how people on this board talked about Fran like he was God. Then he left and became satan.

Dion Wilson and Maraad Watson. In good position with Sharlandiin Strange. Now some of your mods are claiming Strange is not a top target after he visited rutgers 6 times with his recent visit being 2 weeks ago.
Strange has visited Rutgers 6 times- Yellis visited 10 times- sort of seems that both were trying to do anything they could to get Rutgers to give them a committable offer.

Fair points. Funny how people on this board talked about Fran like he was God. Then he left and became satan.
Ahhh- the talk on here was that Fran was an incredible recruiter. And at the same time- not that good of a DB coach and when he tried to hold us hostage for a promotion- almost everyone dreaded to lose the recruiter but had no problems seeing the coach part of him leave.
Our defense and DB's have done pretty damn well since he left.

This is delusion? Got it

SU #36
SUNJ #38
So you had to wait years and years to have a year where maybe, just maybe, you pulled up to us recruiting wise

The fact that you think Syracuse proved something with those rankings is absurd

Yall love riding the coat tails of teams that had a name way before rutgers were allowed in the Big10. Getting beat by better programs is not a flex. It doesnt make your poop smell better. Just beat Maryland. Start off with that
You're not even on coattails. You ran to the ACC, and that sh*t is about to implode. Btw, those B1G teams are thanking Rutgers for making them a boatload of money. That money helped make the ACC jealous and about to collapse. You'll disappear for good once you join the ranks of UConn in the land of misfits.

Care to explain why you spend valuable time on a Rutgers site, considering we no longer play? We live RENT FREE in the marble-size brain.
Star Girl GIF by Erica Nlewedim

A day doesn't go by on that SU site where some Sorrycuse Nut rants about Rutgers. It takes a visit from an SU @sshole to get a Rutgers fan to respond. The difference between this site and SU sites is you can post your BS here, while any Rutgers fan is banned after the first post. If you have to talk about someone constantly, you have an inferiority complex.
Nate Diaz Sport GIF by UFC

So you had to wait years and years to have a year where maybe, just maybe, you pulled up to us recruiting wise

The fact that you think Syracuse proved something with those rankings is absurd
Did you see me here during 2018 season? So now rankings dont matter. Got it.

Did you see me here during 2018 season? So now rankings dont matter. Got it.
I am saying the difference in the rankings this year is not worth even mentioning
since it is pretty much dead even

You are so desperate for Syracuse to be better than RU at anything, it is funny what you stoop to

We are in the big ten. Sucks for you

Reactions: William J. Leggett
I had to look up Jim Brown since I’m not that old. I see his last year in college was the year I was born 1956 so he played 68 years ago.
But to today's Syracuse fan what happened years and years ago is their only defence for the present.
Rutgers fans admit when the program sucked and readily admit it was a terrible program for many years.
Even bash the recent years of disaster.
Rutgers fans live in the present and presently Rutgers is a better program then the fruit.

Now you want to talk about history. Well lets talk about all of it. 13-30.
history doesn't favor Rutgers and RU fans won't make an excuse for that 13-30 record.
We just will point out it's past history and the last 10 match-ups is RU-7 >Syracuse 3 .
The last 3 is all RU.
But all the games except 1 were played over 10 years ago, so consider 2 of the last 3 and 6 of the 10 wins RU had not relevant.
They are to be considered too long ago to talk about.
The only one that counts is the RU win in 2021.
Living in the past is for losers ( hint: think frozen Orange pulp )that can't admit their program sucks now

I am saying the difference in the rankings this year is not worth even mentioning
since it is pretty much dead even

You are so desperate for Syracuse to be better than RU at anything, it is funny what you stoop to

We are in the big ten. Sucks for you
Cool but Fran did this in 2 months work.

What have yall done that’s great? You haven’t beaten a ranked team in forever

Enjoy riding coat tails.

Reactions: FloridaCuse9
Strange has visited Rutgers 6 times- Yellis visited 10 times- sort of seems that both were trying to do anything they could to get Rutgers to give them a committable offer.
Do you really live in this much delusion that 2 top 10 4 star NJ kids who visited multiple times didn’t have a committable offer from RU? But somehow did at multiple other P4 schools?

Reactions: ClkwrkOrange
Syracuse is not surviving the next wave of Conference Realignment unless Yormark has his way with his infatuation with NYC.

Cuse fans better enjoy this brief uptick in positive news because its gonna be a grim future once the ACC implodes.

Fran Brown will have to decide if he wants to be in a Jim Mora situation at that point.

0 Idea what Syracuse fans are trying to discuss here. Its kind of sad.

So now that part of history matters. Not the last 3 years. Gotcha
Rutgers also beat Syracuse in their last 3 matchups so im not sure the point you are trying to make about anything, particularly Maryland. If I recall Maryland throttled Syracuse pretty good the last time they played each other so maybe you shouldn’t be throwing stones at their program either.

It is evident that a good portion of the older Syracuse fanbase are stuck in 1998. And for a bunch so fixated on history, you’d think they’d be more wary of what happened the last time the school fired the football coach after a 6-6 season and a bowl game.

Last edited:
They'll land in the B12
That would be a decent destination for them
You would have to look at from the big 12' s viewpoint

Do they really need them, do they add financial benefit, etc

The ACC turned their noses up when Uconn was willing and able to join
There has to be a need satisfied as far as a league is concerned
There might be several ACC teams for the big 12 to consider and some to pass on

Syracuse is not surviving the next wave of Conference Realignment unless Yormark has his way with his infatuation with NYC.

Cuse fans better enjoy this brief uptick in positive news because its gonna be a grim future once the ACC implodes.

Fran Brown will have to decide if he wants to be in a Jim Mora situation at that point.

0 Idea what Syracuse fans are trying to discuss here. Its kind of sad.
They waited for so long to " out recruit" RU
Years of watching RU come into their state and take the best there
And has happened again

This thread started with Cuse getting the best football player in NJ, and that is no longer close to being true
Good player for sure, we did well at that position also

Reactions: onesimus
Or they make 10 visits cause they live within an hour or so of the school they visited 10 times. But keep believing that you are turning away 4 stars lol
We live 45 minutes from the school, visited once- got the offer and did not have to go back until enrolled. There was no reason to visit mult times after getting the offer.
Iget it if the kid was enjoying the visits and came by 2-3 times but 10...

Some of the Cuse fans are thinking about going regional again with Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Connecticut, Boston College, Buffalo,Army, New Hampshire, Delaware, UMass and Temple.
At least six teams in that group.are not impressive, to say the least

Regardless of how we hate or want to hate Cuse- I'll say it again- after everything shakes out with conferences, they will find a landing spot in one of the power conferences. Syracuse, BC, Pitt

Not a guarantee at all considering I don't think Syracuse is as attractive as Miami, Louisville, Pitt, VaTech, NC State or GeorgiaTech.

They'd be the 7th option at best.

I don't see the Big 12 adding that many schools.
My guess…

B1G - FSU, UNC
SEC - VT, NCST

Not sure about Clemson, Miami, or UVA. I could see ONE being paired with ND if they finally joined the B1G.

Big 12 - Louisville, GT and Pittsburgh. UVA, Miami and Clemson possibly too IF no one else picks them up first.

Leftovers….. BC, Wake, Duke and Syracuse of which you have to think out of that group Duke gets the nod first for an invite based on brand and location but nothing is guaranteed. I would think UCONN and the remaining teams merge with the AAC teams and then possibly Miami, Clemson and UVA but ONE has to be paid with ND since I doubt they don’t finally join the B1G.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT